Internals as Externals...

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Internals as Externals...

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Would you think that internals would have been popular if it would have been an external pack made by an unknown guy ?

I personally don't think it would have been this popular because most of the people trying to get WRs in most internals all seem frustrated about the hard styles and the levels. I think if it was an external pack, people would say for example :" Hey, i'm sure that in Freefall, you can get the apple and jump back directly to the end without even going down and up !" and after like 10 minutes, they would say :"Bah, it's just an external, i'll quit this level and go play a real internal"...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Interesting observation, I dont think they would be popular if it was an external pack. I agree that they would say im gonna go play a real internal. thats what I always do.
TT ~ 50:42
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Most internals would be shitty externals :roll:
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

What the fuck are you talking about?! Considering that these are some of the first levels ever made it's fucking unbelievable how good they are! Personally I think internals are as good as any external level pack. Tell me which other levpack is considerably better?

Think of it another way: If the internals had been n00b speedloop levels with no style potential would the game still exist?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

They certainly wouldn't get hoyled as much as they do if they were externals.... internalists regard internals as the real levels, and other levels as inferior and amateurish. when you hear words such as 'TT' you immediately associate it with internal TT, and with landmark numbers such as 39 minutes. also the internal wr table is the most high-profile, the most competitive, the most frequently updated. and finally, everybody has instant access to internals, no matter what scene you're in or which websites you visit.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

BarTek wrote:the quality of elma topics these days are sach best
And this kind of posts make them even worse. Cut off the crap.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

zworqy wrote:Most internals would be shitty externals :roll:

Correct. If Freefall (as BoneLESS gave as an example) was an external, ppl would´nt spend time trying to do teh WR style, just bcauz it looks shitty, and it "probably was a freaking n00b which had made it"....
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

I think they have potential and If I discovered them as externals I would be tempted to play them... Levels as Loop de Loop, Bowling and quite some of the others are quite original... and no much speed loops. Have you ever seen levels like Sink, Serpent's Tale or What the Heck that weren't based on the authentic ones? ...these were great ideas. Because these levels were made on a long period, I think (there was no hurry because there was no demand).
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

haha, serpents tale = great idea :lol:
[carebox]
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

alligators tail = even bettah
TT ~ 50:42
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Abula wrote:
BarTek wrote:the quality of elma topics these days are sach best
And this kind of posts make them even worse. Cut off the crap.
i disagree. i think many topics are just there beceause ppl want to post. but this topic was good.

back to topic.

now i'm wrigin on this topic.

now i'm not being off topic and doing posts about being off topic and other stuff.

ok, now i will start.

as a levpack i think internals would be quite averege. but if i think about it most levpacks are quite good, and internals are averege levels. but some internals are really good. hm i dont remember what this topic is about any more.

edit: ok now i read what the topic is about.

i wont be off topic.

i sware.

what i meant is that when you just download a levle from a "this is my furst level" or "try my level" you can get many crap levels. and some internals are crap levels. so it probably wouldnt be a popular level pack. because only the best level packs are popular.

then the styles in internals are so hard because they have been played for so long and styles are invented by so many ppl. so i dont see how it matters.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020