Elma setup problems

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

ElastaMasta
Beginner kuski

Elma setup problems

Post by ElastaMasta »

Recently I reformatted my computer and I backed up both the installation file and all the files in the Elasto Mania folder.

When I tried to install it the first time on this computer it ran fine. Then I got back on the next day:

When I double click on the icon in the folder the screen will blink black as if it's loading Elma, then it just closes. Occasionally I get the error message.

Any ideas?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

The state.dat is corrupted. The chance is highly elevated by formatting your drive. You have to move out the state.dat file out of your elma directory and try to run elma then. When it works, you might be able to recover you state.dat again by putting it back, but that doesn't work all the time.

no state.dat

Post by Guest »

i don't have a state.dat file in there.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Sounds like you have problems outside elma then. Try update display drivers and maybe install elma again. What does the error message say that you are getting occasionally?
ElastaMasta
Beginner kuski

Post by ElastaMasta »

just the generic "Sorry, internal error."
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Ah, well I meant the error message stored in a file in your elma folder as error.txt.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

What OS? DirectX is new enough? What Elma version? Sure that the files are not written protected?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)