Wine problem

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Wine problem

Post by Guest »

When i try running Elastomania though Wine, following the guide on the moposite after getting the error, still having the error after following the guide, i get an error saying that it can't find 'ELMA.RES', although it's not missing. Any ideas?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

There's a topic about this already, try to search for elma in linux.

Post by Guest »

Even though i did search for it, i could not find the answer to that particulat problem. Could be that i'm half-way blind, that i'm ignorant or simply dumb, anyway...
In case this very question already has been asnwered, would you consider putting a link to it?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i think that topic looked like this - somebody needed help, nobody was able to answer..
[carebox]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=2046

Both onlainari and Abula offers some suggestions here.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ

Post by Guest »

Well, after reading and trying, i still have the very same problem.
Could be becouse this problem isn't documentated, since the other problems including wine and elma isn't the same as mine.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, just to state the obvious.

- Read the tutorial on the moposite.
or
- Get winex. That program is able to run elma.

Wine won't run elma just automatically, I think it was because of the need of direct3d or something.

Post by Guest »

Well, in case you did not understand it, reading the moposite was the first thing i did after failing the first time.
Anyway.

The problem isn't that elma isn't working when it starts (like the freeze problem that some have had), the prolem is however, that it can't find the file called "elma.res", but...
If i can't get it working in a few days, i'll take your suggesstion and try winex, thank you.

EDIT: If the other problems that has occured during the start of elma has to do with graphics, then that could be solved with wine (elma doesn't take very much to run), however that still doesn't answer my question.
Last edited by Guest on 8 Oct 2005, 13:42, edited 2 times in total.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Guest wrote:Well, in case you did not understand it, reading the moposite was the first thing i did after failing hte first time.
Anyway.

If i can't get it working in a few days, i'll take your suggesstion and try winex, thank you.
It will cost money if you get it legal. And you can find it here: http://www.transgaming.com/

It is renamed to Cedega now.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

damez thought this were about alcohol
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I read it as "Whine" first, then like alcohol, then I'm still confused.
39:37,91