What about the danish Cartoons?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

What about the danish Cartoons?

Post by Luther »

Thoughts?
Nekit for president
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

really, really don't care
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

I think "cartoons" is a bad word for them. Drawings is better. Otherwise I don't give a shit.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

which Cartoons???
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Mushroom
Kuski

Post by Mushroom »

Mohammed drawings the easten is going nuts about...

Should not have been printed.. But now that they have been, we should hold on to our freedom of speech..

A democracy with out freedom of speech is worth nothing. But it shouldn't be used to piss off other people on purpose...
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The paper that brought them shouldn't had, one had muhammed with a bomb on his head, not really appropiate I think. But they're burning our embassy and flag and such. That's kinda offending too I think. I guess whole problem is they don't understand us and we don't understand them.

..BUT STAY AWAY FROM KOPASITE MORONS!

:I
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

lols kop..

I think its fair that the muslims are angry at the newspaper, but not at the entire country..

BURN THE PAPER NOT THE FLAG!
Proud Member Of RDK
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

It's no crime to print these images, and it should be allowed to do so, however, you must also be expected to show a little bit of common sense. The only reasons these papers had of printing these images were to provoce.

The reactions are way out of hand. Burning the flag is one thing(I don't feel anything personally when the Norwegian flag is burnt, but it is very disrespectful, and it's not the country that has done anything), but attacking and burning down the countries' embassies.. That's equivalent to actually attacking the country itself. The imams, certainly in Denmark and Norway has to take a stand against this, and also those in Syria etc. But that won't happen and that's a big problem. Also these people have to understand how the world works in the west, that we have freedom of speech, that a newspaper printing something does not have anything to do with the country.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Well said, Svein.

Whilst I don't sympathise with Islamic fundamentalism at all, I do think the drawings are stupid. Why put a bomb on Mohammed's head? Is it written anywhere in the Koran that he was a suicide bomber or terrorist? He stood for peace and love. And we know how dearly Islam holds its scriptures and prophets; it is highly inconsiderate to publish stuff like this. If we want them to be understanding of our values we have to first be understanding of theirs.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Sure, it is perhaps not appropriate to make a cartoon with the prophet as a terrorist. In fact, that one wasn't that funny, another with heaven/virgins was quite cool though.
And ofcourse, you may not like it when your religion is being attacked by a cartoonist. But the escalation of this issue has gotten way out of hand. I think the islam wasn't the first religion to be mocked with, was it?

The way I see this, the riots aren't just against these cartoons. There's a whole group of muslims who just have lost their common sense. How the hell can you expect a government of a democracy to fully control the press? That is the same as denying the whole system of democracy.

Some muslims should reconsider themself.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

oh... those drawings...

heh.. actually i don't care about it...
People protest about them and haven't even seen the pictures themselves.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I've only seen the Mohamet one, with a bomb on his head.

Personnaly, i really think that Islamist are too extreme ( obviously not all of them but... ). I understand their anger, i would be too if someone would represent my God or my religion as something bad but, in that case, i don't think the drawing was a direct attack to the prophet. I think Mohamet was just a symbol to represent the Islam people.

No offense but, those countries ( Irak, Afghanistan and all of those ) really are based on a history of violence and, no one can't say i'm wrong on that point. War is part of their life and it's easy to see when you look at their reaction towards the danish drawings. Burn some French buildings and block access to some french or danish sites, it really is absurd.

I don't understand them and never will...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

isnt mohammed a psychotic pedophile? ..wouldnt call that a prophet.

cartoons are a good indication of the muslim youth these days.

anyways buy danish goods....dunno if i do anyways but :D

btw, you can find the pictures here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jyll ... awings.jpg
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

some muslims in my neighbourhood (which is highly populated with ethnic groups) protested against the muslims in their home country today..
Proud Member Of RDK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, I think that proves the idiocy of those rioting muslims. Luckily the majority is still sane.

And what I read about this in our paper; it's a fact that in those countries some newspapers put cartoons in about jews and stuff.