"I think you are right, guys" dude

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

"I think you are right, guys" dude

Post by 8-ball »

I can't provide an english url but I read somewhere that like some bot has registered to about 60'000 phpBB forums, posting same phrases in all of them. You know, phpBB forums have always been considered as one of the safest, but recently a critical bug was found that allowed to add some special characters to a search query that somehow resulted in the hacker being able to request any variable from the database that he wished like adminpass, etc, that eventually can lead to defacing of the forum or a whole server. Most forums updated with the critical bug fix, but actually, hundreds of forums got wiped out. I got this from a latvian forum (about a whole seemingly secure server with lots of good sites hosted getting defaced through a hole in a forum of one of the sites). Also there was a discussion of this insane bot thing, which leads to thinking that some big attack is going to happen in near future. Of course, this could be just some fools competing of who can make better forumbot. Okiz.
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

And if it weren't for the danger of a hacker attack, you could still delete the user because it spams.