Are you a "not-a-styler"?

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

wwwDotcoM
Kuski

Are you a "not-a-styler"?

Post by wwwDotcoM »

Like zworqy once said "I'm a hoyla not a styler" (that's why I have teh n00b tt after all these years :)). So my question is are you (or do you find any sense of playing elma) like him?

I personally prefer having got the WR style of Tunner (for example) to 1:06-1:07 or somewhere around that (sax run) than having 1:09 with the old style (max hoyled). And I don't mean zweqs old style under minute (that's leet), I mean for my skills.

So, what's actually the advantage of being "not-a-styler" and hoyling old styles like hell, providing you with say a 45+ tt? I don't understand.

PS. I'll say it again I don't mean 09oldz, or Bartek's headbanger old no-pipe style under minute (insane), I mean .. zworqy.

??
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

just play the levels you made years ago, where old tt was:

best time: 10,70
tenth time: 10,82

you can play it again, and just in one try, you can do something like 9,20 or still 8,13.

some ppl possess style and skills, and with patience they can do great things. without that patience, they could not do wrs, I think, unless they have great, great skills. toringe can do a wr ez, although he played each internal level a lot.

I'm talking here about.... dunno... balles?!

there are three factors, all of which are influenced by patience, to some degree, and depending on the levels you play.

skills (if you played for years, you have patience, trust me)
styles (you enter a new level, and with some creative power, unleash your imagination to concretion)
and hoyl 'em!
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

I'm no style finder (at least in complex levs) but I have the skill and sometimes the hoyla spirit to drive nice times...sometimes it depends on the lev and the mood surrounding it...like if it's a competitive atmosphere like world cup or some cool new lev pack...then I'm game for a battle =P
Total Time: 38:35,14
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

You dont understand that people do not only play elma to get better times? that would be pretty useless imo. People play elma because it is funny, and sometimes it is funny to hoyl a level to get a good time, sometimes it is funny to try a new style and get a good time, sometimes it is funny to drive the secret route in HeHe.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I hate playing elma only for times, and for having top ten like xx:xx.94-xx:xx.10
I just havemy fun with whole community and scene
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

i dont really get what Zwor meant but all int styles are difficult for me to learn but sometimes i play just to improve my top10 after driving a best time that satisfies me (like if anyone is interested hehe)
@ berh: ok samir u pointed out my poor english and in the next post u written u made something much worse yourself. come on man we say 'to have one's time' but 'to have fun' so i suppose u mistaken those two expressions so that it makes no sense. i hope u will remember it from now on and won't make such a stupid mistake again xD
i dont say i dont ever do it of course i do (especially when i'm drunk) because english is not my first language but i just dont like that u think you can teach me which obviously is bullshit
ok now i stop to spam teh lauta- berh go on with ur job! u teh man! become an english teacher or a sworn translator lol xD
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

8O :? 8) :lol:

a topic dedicated to me, najs :)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I really prefer to make new styles than hoyl like mad shit styles...

For example, i was tired to hoyl Jaws with hang style because i knew it wasn't so much easier than bounce style so, made the bounce that same night.
I was a lot more happy when i landed a not-too-bad run with bounce.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
wwwDotcoM
Kuski

Post by wwwDotcoM »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I really prefer to make new styles than hoyl like mad shit styles...
That's exactly what I meant, not that I only play for better times and don't enjoy the game ffs.

And zworqy yeah.. it IS dedicated to you. wtf are you flattered?

How could I who am NOT a gamer AT ALL (maybe played Counter Strike a while and Diablo like hell before, but for the past 3 years the only game I play is ELMA) almost beat your TT at the moment, having played like 5 years less than you? Answer that in a sensible manner, convince me, and I'll give it to you - you ARE teh man. ;)

PS. Note that I have a computer store here in Bulgaria, (I sell, fix and upgrade computers), I work almost all day and I don't, say, play elma 24/7 (1-2 hours a day max). :roll:
H8
Kuski

Post by H8 »

I really prefer to make new styles than hoyl like mad shit styles...
I totally agree :)
41:47,70
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I think Ilike to be "not-a-styler". I mean if we take headbanger as an example. I think I made the pipe around a year ago. Before this I had 1.10. Then I got 59 with pipe. But I still continued to play the level without pipe later on and made 1.06 without, even before making pipe a second time. Because I think it's funnier to be able to hoyl a not so good style and have good time with that style than to play the better style and have a better time, yet not good time for that style. Short time ago I made 55. Still a quite bad time. So I didn't play pipe because it was fun but because I had to, to even get a decent time. If you know what I mean ;).

Same with curva past days. I play old style because it's fun and I can make a good time with it. New style might be fun yes, but I will never have the patiente to make a good time with it, if I even ever make it.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i can hoyl a level like 10 hours a day, when i improve 10 seconds or something, when i get the new style... (like quick round or labby pro). but i don't like hoyling for hours to get some 0.5 better time...
but it's stupid to play one level for hours with the old stlye, and you have perfect run then. you'll still have more improvement if you hoyl for the same time and get a sux run with new style...
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I dont get people who say "It's stupid to play if you dont get a good time" i think the best thing with elma is that it is fun to play, it is not important to make a good time, i think it is more important to make a good run, be it good or bad style.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

i think i can make styles. of course i can hoyl too.. but best thing to learn making styles is battles imo.
Seize the day
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

hell yeah. how can you be creative enough to find styles nowadays in internals. internals these days are just a plain hard and boring chore of hoyling which reflects on your tt. anyone can copy styles. best way to learn finding out styles real quick is a #battle for sure
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

that's where you can show your skills and turn loose your creative powers :wink:
me myself often too bored to hoyl the same lvl 10 mins in a row in battle, I'm not hoyla much, only perhaps in lvls I like, but I can continue to play them even if I'm bored, and that's why elma's not always funny for me....
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I really like höyling levels with old styles. I did it with apple harvest, head banger and labyrinth pro to give a few examples. You can even get some pretty decent times without making those "new" styles. As juski said, the main target is having fun playing it.
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

It seems I cannot make styles for shit, I get owned on every new external I play :P
Total Time: 38:35,14