ELMA COMMUNITY OPEN SOURCE

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

stringout
Kuski

ELMA COMMUNITY OPEN SOURCE

Post by stringout »

I want all the LOS level pack replay.
I ve been writing to the administrator of the LOS team.
I ve written 5 emails. and no reply.
Doesnt he have time for elma? what a shame!!!!

Well I want those replays.

Eventhough the whole thing Im talking here is that we should consider a big and easy place for posting replays.

And the most important thing to educate people to share them.

Is the only way we can Improve ELMA GLOBALLY.

SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

It has no sense to keep replays.

If someono have a good replay or a good technique, it should post it!

Thats the best way to improve the community.

for the good of the world
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

1. hah, i see u are beginner kuski.
2. I think Xhomaz hates u now.
Seize the day
SveinR
Moporator

Re: ELMA COMMUNITY OPEN SOURCE

Post by SveinR »

stringout wrote:I want all the LOS level pack replay.
The administrator of the LOS team is Xhomaz, who makes most of the levels and updates the site. He cannot give you the replays of the records on the site, he hasn't driven those times, he just updates them. If you want those replays, you should rather ask those who drove them. But they'll probably not give them to you.

Alternatively, you can use this thread: http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=1774 and for instance ask "Does anyone have any good replays on the LOS level pack that they are willing to share? Thanks."
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
simon_labroue

sierra, make article on this (matter)!

Post by simon_labroue »

lol. I kinda agree with you, stringout, thinking that I'll retire soon, without ever seeing all the actual recs of the World Records. Same feeling goes on there, because, you know, they think they have nothing to get to publish theirs. but if everyone did, they would have lotsa opportunities to make WRs. Luther understood this, and he shared even the best styles, not for his own good, but for the good of the community. Perhaps he hoped that would open the way to other pros.

In the past, only the slalom WR was shared. Now, it's cooler :)
I still look at t0r's Twin Peaks in awe. thanks for the feeling, buddy :wink:
stringout
Kuski

ELMA Open Community-->Open your Mind.

Post by stringout »

stringout wrote:
I want all the LOS level pack replay.
SveinR wrote
If you want those replays, you should rather ask those who drove them. But they'll probably not give them to you.
Well thats the problem Im talking about!
People dont want to share!

I think its a problem on the education. And we should start a campaign to open minds!

I ll put an example: Java Community and all open source software projects.
Most of the good and important projects are open source.
The knowledge its totally shared among every human being who is capable of understanding it.
For that reason many good stuff its being developed! And it grows much faster than any other project which is not open source.

Many cultures around the world have been extinguished because of not knowing how to teach and because they have stricts policies of not sharing knowledge among the "common people"
So why dont we try to learn from history. and from the experience that other communities are having now(Java Com).

So why dont share elma knowledge!
Sharing of replays should be something easy to acces.

Techniques also.

Open your mind and think a little bit what I m saying.
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

I think my choice of actions in the scene contradicts your statements about Elasto Mania
Nekit for president
zelter
39mins club

Post by zelter »

yeah Luther max nice guy who shares everything (even the max hard WR recs) Image
if other ppl would do that, there could be nice improvement @ many levs ....
so do the Luther (should be new word in elma-dictionary)
TT: 40.5x.xx
[EA]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i've spread all my old wr recs, styles or whatever
you can drive some too and spread them
[carebox]
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

so do the Luther (should be new word in elma-dictionary)
Indeed should and Will be :idea:
Nekit for president
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

I don't think Luther spread his replays for the good of the community, more likely just to make a publicity stunt; only guy in the top 5 to give his recs without giving a fuck, that's the Liam Gallagher influence there. Plus I dunno if he cares so much about Elma these days, and he could drive them all again, so why bother :-X
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Dahle
Kuski

Post by Dahle »

Hehe, I started to laugh when i saw this!

Well, anyway, as SveinR said, Xhomaz can't just give away recs that other people drives...

If you want the LOS recs, I suggest that you send a pm to cAEz... He has most of the recs in that lev pack.

And to what Raven said:
2. I think Xhomaz hates u now.
Yeah, Xhomaz prolly hates you now:P I can't wait to show him this topic!!! Haha
TT: 42.xx.xx
Team LOS
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

Ah, this guy Xhomaz!!! WHAT A SHAME??? He must have been ignoring you on purpose!! Let's say we stab him! Freeze him out of the elma community! This can not be tolerated! WHAT A SHAME!!

Well. Actually, I saw one of your e-mails. But then I probably had to do something else, and forgot about it. But yeah, I can't hand out replays. Ask the record holders.

And yeah.. I hate everybody. I'm an angry guy. :(

And I want to dedicate this post to SveinR and Dahle. They are my idols.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

Liam Gallagher indeed, but Sierra you're wrong about me not caring about Elma "these days", I'm more concerned than ever, totally

I feel a strong connection and love for the game. Reason I spread is of course to make other people more interested in playing and hence increase the amount of players and the times. (And the more players, the more meaningful my own playing feels :wink: ).

And yes, I don't care if my times are beaten, I see that as something natural in a competition, which is how I see World Records and Total Time playing. And I do like when players say "oh that's nice Luther", because I'm not a God or inhuman in any way: I like it when people admire my replays as much as I hope they like it when I admire theirs.
Nekit for president
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I dont get the guys who dont share they records and even non-record times :S It would be so nice to see some of them. If u got nice-looking rec, why not allow the world to see it? Probably ppl just scared that their record will be beaten. Do they really care about the game THAT MUCH, or did they spend 30h on getting it? Or do they think they'll get more appreciation if ppl see their time on the table for a long time? I dont think so, external wrs are quite ez nowadays, and not so much ppl care about them. I felt it on myself. And....... They'll be beaten sooner or later anyway. By sharing the rec u'll show that u arent scared of that like a last pussy, u'll make ppl see one more nic0r replay (btw i dont like elma because of times&records competetion, not because of hoyl, but because of its beauty. Beauty in everything - recs, levs, tricks etc...), u'll maybe show something we didnt know about, or smth insanely hoyled. U know how we like watching them :)
Blah, so big post sorry =) Couldnt make it short, but i hope u got the point and was motivated to share something pwnz0r :)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ANpDaD wrote:I dont get the guys who dont share they records and even non-record times :S
maybe I should spread some of your non-public recs then:)
[carebox]
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

Yes, Yes, that's very clever idea mila :) :lol:
TT: 38:36,51 || team SPEED || Islands WR
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

ANpDaD wrote:(btw i dont like elma because of times&records competetion, not because of hoyl, but because of its beauty. Beauty in everything - recs, levs, tricks etc...)

awwwww thats nice :***
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

afaik, i have only 1 non-public rec :) And it isnt my style btw.
2mila: But as soon as i finish the whole lev with this style, i'll share it :)
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

I think this is lockable to tell u the truth
Total Time: 38:35,14