what could you live without

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

what could you live without?

sight
4%
hearing
6%
speech
54%
legs
37%

Total votes: 52

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

what could you live without

Post by 8-ball »

you have to choose one!
39:37,91
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

haha... why "legs"?... such an outsider :P
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

legs, i sit here anyway :o
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

speech. totally speech. This would be more of a challenge when the question was to decide between losing sight or sound.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

tijsjoris wrote:speech. totally speech. This would be more of a challenge when the question was to decide between losing sight or sound.
ez sound, without sight u cant do a fucking thing normally, think about it
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

wiElOryB wrote:
tijsjoris wrote:speech. totally speech. This would be more of a challenge when the question was to decide between losing sight or sound.
ez sound, without sight u cant do a fucking thing normally, think about it
well without sound you cant listen to people, music or any kind of sounds so that would just suck.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

nothing
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

you'd be surprised how sharp senses most people have who've been blind since birth. like figuring the whole layout of an unfamiliar room by the sound/air etc., nowadays there are utilities that make it not too hard for them to use internet too.
39:37,91
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

would have to say speech, even though i love to talk
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

insane guy wrote:well without sound you cant listen to people, music or any kind of sounds so that would just suck.
Totally agree with that, I can live without sight not so easily but more easily than without sound, sound's the big thing in life, on top of that the fact that you turn out richer when you lose sight instead of sound, because with the loss of sight you lose one thing but when you become deaf you become speechless more or less too.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i'd like to lose sight too :p
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

ez legs, they are just in the way :P can still climb trees ez without legs, that would be my new hobby <3
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

sight need for reading books and watching movies

hearing need for listening to music and watching movies

speech so it all comes down to which i'd rather lose of speech or legs ;S

legs i went with losing legs, i guess it would kinda suck not to be able to talk. maybe even nat pasibel to really laugh out loud? ;o
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

sight is the one i'd want most of those :P couldn't have done any of the things i really love to do without it...play elma, watch movies.

hearing is the second best for me ... music, communicating with others (when lif0r)

speech isn't all that important .. but quite nice to have also for communication

legs is like wtf why need .. mostly i just sit by the copmuter anyway :P also everyone can implent get those "fake" legs or whate that works quite well
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Ya definatly legs can live without. Just gives you an excuse for being fat and lazy if you don't have legs.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

no legs = no girls = no sex... at speech then:)
[carebox]
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

legs would definitely be the last thing i'd be able to live without

i'd go for speech aswell i think...
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

sight- couldnt live without it i think, life woulda totally suck
hearing- woulda kinda suck but less than sight, couldnt do mot things properly nor hear music or engine sound anymore which woulda suck
speech- woulda kinda suck to use the sign langueage and be able to communicate with most ppl you meet everyday but comparing to all previous ones woulda be quite ez, if such tragedy can be
legs- wouldnt be able to drive regular car which would mean loss of one of biggest pleasures in my sucky life, play football, walk the dog in regular way etc which would suck a lot, especially driving the car no more, the rest i woulda be able to stand i guess, ez doin computer stuff etc xD
overall the topic has little sence since we all shoulda be happy noone of us (i hope) experienced any of these tragedies and its quite pathetic to imagine how would life be if (...) cause many ppl actually have to live with it and many more handicaps (dunno why 8-ball chose those, prolly came first to his mind ;/)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Legs, easy.

You can still climb mount everest wiithout legs,
You can't play elma whitout sight.
No music would suck.
No one else in the world can talk sign language.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Juzam
38mins club

Post by Juzam »

lal, speech, ez.
wouldnt have to participate on stupid fights.
---Juzam---
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

This is my philosophy:

Sight - last thing i'd ever give up on! I can't imagine myself even for one hour without sight. Just think about it... you cannot see who's your family, you don't know how your house looks like, you can never enjoy views, and the most irritating thing - people need to walk beside you all the time, and you have a decent chance of crashing into a wall/tree once in a while. SUCKS.

Hearing - Well, I personally think that music is overrated when coming to decide which sense we should forsake. It's like saying "I'll never give up on sight coz then I won't be able to see those cool movies!!"... I mean, there's like hundreds of better reasons why not to give up on this sense.
However, not hearing other people is awful, and since deaf people also cannot speak, then giving up on hearing is a pretty bad deal. next.

Legs - hell no! I like walking, I like running, and I don't whane get stuck whenever I reach steps. And like mila said - no sex.

Speech - Would give up. First of all, it doesn't affect any of your other abilities: you can walk, you can see, you can hear, you can smell, and you even look the same. Just the normal you, but silent. And except for the minimal loss, it might also be an advantage. I believe that no speaking is "the safe way" - it is most likely that you'll rarely do anything stupid / insult someone / get in trouble and so on. And most people will like your company and respect you, because you're the perfect listener. And you know, because you can't speak, people will be more patient and curious about you, and you might even have the image of a wise and calm guru or something :wink:

About those times where you have to speak - well, I'd use a notebook or learn some sign language basics. Can't hurt to learn something.

I like those questions, they make you think :?
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

legz
Seize the day
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

legs
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

hah my previous post is such cynical...
1 year later i think i would still go for legs tho, or maby speech.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

hah, johnny boy discovered the "student life" and suddenly figures he will be needing his legs (for what I don't know, one can drink beer without, and won't resort to easy leaving; I don't see the point in legs with that.).

No, I don't feel silly about what I said here before. The possibility hear, is something so unreal and great, I couldn't live without sound.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

my choice in yesterdays post has nothing to do with being a student, but feels like i rather keep my senses than my legs.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

i go for hearing
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
Xratio
Kuski

Post by Xratio »

Not sight, I love video games.
Not hearing, I love music.
Not speech, I love talking.
Its gotta be legs, I hate walking :)

I might get a wheelpod and all. Whee.
ring ring ring bananaphone
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

John wrote:my choice in yesterdays post has nothing to do with being a student, but feels like i rather keep my senses than my legs.
John, I'm sorry for choosing you to point my wrath at; I was just trying to be bartesque last night, and you happened to be there. :wink:
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I Don't Speak altogether that much anyway.

chose Speech
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

really depends on your job and hobbies/interests but i'd say speech is easily the least important of the top3, and not so easily but still less important than legs

being deaf is probably the one i fear the most, can you imagine how dead the world would seem if you couldn't hear? listening to music and watching movies should be the least of your worries, everyday life would just be so dull. not that i've ever lived without my sight or sound, but i just feel like sound lets you identify with your environment more than sight. that seems quite counter-intuitive, but im sure is true teh

but then again, how can you admire the view from a mountain top without your sight? sure, you'd be able to hear the bird's chirping and might even sense that you're gazing upon something magnificent, but would it be the same without actually seeing? might you even have heightened senses that led to a deeper appreciation of your surroundings? not being able to see your loved ones would indeed suck, but i still say hearing them rather than seeing them makes them seem more real

speech, well cmon there's a myriad of other ways to communicate.. computers, a pen and paper, sign/body language. again, this would depend on your job and hobbies, speech might be max important if you were a court lawyer or something.. but it's still the easiest one to live without in my opinion

legs is quite incomparable though, i grew up playing sports and although i became kinda lazy a few years ago (thanks elma), the opportunity to do sports was always there, i always felt that sport was important and was always telling myself "ok must start gym soon". now that i'm into playing squash again, and going to gym, i would max prefer to keep my legs.. ez more than speech but pasibly less than the other 2
im pretty good at elma
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

milagros wrote:no legs = no girls = no sex... at speech then:)
He got a huge point. I go for speech.
:mrhat:
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

how would you get girls without speech? :P
hard mission without any of these :x
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

LEGS