Can designer play own balle or not?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

yes (explain why)
No votes
no (explain why not)
No votes
dunno
No votes

Total votes: 0

Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

I ran into a situation where DCEM said to me nat to play own balle, so i decided to ask him why nat, what's the matter if i play own balle?

I hardly ever win own balle,
I always test levs, but i never compete for victory, i just want to post some time, see what styles i can use and sach. DCEM saw something wrong in that;
he thinks "it's stupid to play own balle". I just dont understand why nat. If i dont try to win, i just want to play along, not sit tight and spy, what is wrong?

DCEM explained that "it is some old rule from #balle", i dont understand why should't ballestarter play own level, if nat win anyway?

I was really rude to DCEM, chatting inside belma and asking him why nat. Why in the hell nat.

But now i decided to post a poll and test what everyone is thinking of PLAYING, NOT WINNING own balle. Very many people play their own levels, only noobs win them, i don't even remember when i last won own balle (it only happens in accident anyway, if does).

EDIT: yes, dcem said to me that he looks like the bad guy in this post, well that's what i felt at the moment. But to mention, blix was following DCEM.

I apologize to anyone, especially to DCEM, i just feel i have been walked over.
Last edited by Kale on 22 Feb 2008, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Can play if ask other players and he answers "Yes u can".
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I can play own battles whenever I feel like, and if I win it means I'm a cold hearted bastard mostly. I used to win more own battles in the past, because it were more firsh finishes before, and I wanted to have it at least finished by one guy, even if that person would be me.

But I agree, winning on own levels is something you should avoid at all cost; remember the F12 button please. Most pleasant would be the ignore time by battlestarter function ofcourse, but we all agree with that, don't we?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

im gonna play at least if I cant spy in my own lev, because there's nothing better to do (except maybe scratch ballz). like ive said million times before, on irc, in lauta, everywhere, that the system sucks atm. and icing on cake there are no stats

-> who the fuck cares
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

That's the kinda comments i wanted to hear.
I mostly play my levs, but hardly ever win.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i think you can randomly cruise in your own levels but, can't really hoyl for the win... that's just not fair as you've already played (tested) the level and you kinda know the main styles before other players.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Of course you can play own level. Play play play! But don't win.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

usually i spy my levels 80% of the duration, then if no-one's trying/succeeding/noticing the fastest style i finish with it once just to show it. some don't like it, but i usually spent a long time fixing the style and if i just post a link to the rec on #ballelma maybe 3 people will check it, so i'd feel the level was wasted. and as zamppe said, there's no stats, so the only thing you're missing is seeing a replay of a mediocre run with a mediocre style!