The Xbox 360 Topic

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Alma
Kuski

The Xbox 360 Topic

Post by Alma »

Discuss Xbox360 related stuf here, like games,hardware,problems,hints and things like that

was actully kind of shocked that no one never created this topic or PS3 topic
ZeCone
Kuski

Re: The Xbox 360 Topic

Post by ZeCone »

My dvd drive got fucked up today. At first, after some two mins of playing it started to sound like this: http://up.k10x.net/tibqmlmmengcg/Lol.wav, then it wouldn't read any discs (still making that sound) and now the drive wont even stay inside the console at all times, and when it does it start to make that horrible sound.
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

have you called ms support? i know the are fucking stupied but atleast they are gonna send you a new one :P i have got the RoD 4 times and got a new console all the times
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

i´m thinking of bying Dark Sector... is it worth it?
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

don't spam and edit posts
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

wiElOryB wrote:don't spam and edit posts
let him hoyl some posts!
geomatric hallucinations
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i really don't have that many xbox360 games but, for now, Gears of War and BioShock are really awesome!

I really am looking forward for Gears of War 2, it looks great!

Anyway, can't wait for that Bionic Commando Rearmed game to come out. Will be a lot of fun.

And Doom is the best game i have ever played on XBLA. (I only had demo on PC)
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I have PS3 instead. Sure, for onlinegaming 360 is quite far ahead but imo BluRay/DVD/burntDVD/CDs/pictures/vidclips makes up for it

infected pointed out u can do most of those things on a 360 too, but still 360 doesnt play bluray :) so its still a plus to ps3 since normal bluray-players cost more than a ps3
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

yeah thats sure is a downside on Xbox360 john,,, but yeah boneless gow 2 looks great, already boked the Limited edition :P but right now the only 360 games i play is guitar hero3,GTA IV, and Bioshock, on bioshock i´m going for the achievement beating the game on hard without dying, and btw how much points to you guys have on Xbox 360? right now i got 22097 :P
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Xbox 360 is the shittiest console out of the newgens.

If you got one maybe you will know why you never have to have your heater on anymore.

Or maybe you've slowly come accustomed to that red ring of death?

d00d, my SNES is the absolute shit compared to this shit.

fuck you jap, xbx sax
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

i want an X360.

so i can throw it out the window and spit on it. :mrhat:
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Eyah, it's so generic compared to it's competition.

Worse graphics than the PS3, worse controls and less unique/fun gameplay than the Wii.

It's as awesome as buying a sega instead, but a sega has sonic, which kicks X-box's asshole.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Sega dont make consoles anymore. Sonic is on all three.

The 360 is fine, Ive never had any problem with mine. Except when it overheated, which was my fault for keeping it in a small space. The 360's version of GTA IV is better, if only because of the downloadable content that will be coming out in August.

I have little doubt that the PS3 will become better in time, as PS2 did over the DC, but for now...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

A.K.B. wrote:Eyah, it's so generic compared to it's competition.
Worse graphics than the PS3, worse controls and less unique/fun gameplay than the Wii.
It's as awesome as buying a sega instead, but a sega has sonic, which kicks X-box's asshole.
What the fuck are you talking about?
Xbox360 has better graphics than PS3 and way better games.
Controls are totally different than for Wii and are not even comparable
and you can get Sonic 1 and 2 on XBox Live Arcade.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Xbox360 has better graphics than PS3
Define better in this case
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

First of all, X-box has definitely NOT got anywhere NEAR the same graphical capabilities as the PS3.

Second of all the whole sega analogy was not to be taken literally.

Third, you are only defending X-box because you couldn't wait to get a better console. Rich person.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

John wrote:
The_BoneLESS wrote:Xbox360 has better graphics than PS3
Define better in this case
Maybe not technically but, i've read quite a few reviews and comparisons and, most games, which can be played on xbox360 and ps3, have better lightings, textures and framerate on the 360 version. Again, there are obviously a couple of games on ps3 that beat their counterpart (is that the right word?) on 360 but, that didn't illustrate my point so, i didn't mention...

and for akb, he is just talking through his ass.... the xbox360 is a great console. I would like to see someone bringing real arguments to why the 360 would suck... seriously...
akb wrote:Second of all the whole sega analogy was not to be taken literally.
Then, don't tell because it was totally pointless.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Do you realise you're arguing with a 14 year old brat?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i am starting to realise that tijs...
SmaXa wrote:i want an X360.
so i can throw it out the window and spit on it. :mrhat:
why would you want to do that? why would you want to waste 300 (and more) bucks just to spit on the console?
and wouldn't it be easier to spit on the console before throwing it out the window?
your logic is poor, you arguments are weak.

someone has yet to prove to me that the xbox360 is a bad console.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

A.K.B. wrote:Third, you are only defending X-box because you couldn't wait to get a better console. Rich person.
The PS3 is more expensive than the 360.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

The Wii is nice for parties and playing in family. I like the Mario games because of its kind of childishness (dunno if this exists) which makes the game funny and amusing. I don't really FPS and recent race games. I like Zelda, Mario... these are just plain fun.
:mrhat:
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

tijsjoris wrote:Do you realise you're arguing with a 14 year old brat?
he's 16, i'm 14.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

They are generalizing Australians.

By the way, I'm not a PS3 person tbh. I'd prefer the Wii, but then again, I am not really into gaming solely for the graphics, though it is great if there are great graphics, the Wii offers a strictly unique platform of gaming, especially when coming to fps like resident evil 4 and umbrella chronicles (excellent games). The graphics honestly aren't a real step up from yesteryear consoles such as the PS2, Xbox 360, GC etc. (wait, they are still much better than PS2 graphics) And I'm not into the Wii for anything related to "OMG IT KEEPS U FIT" but because strictly, it offers a unique way to play many games, and still, the option to switch to more traditional controls if you choose.

Xbox isn't that bad, but I said it just didn't stand up to the powerhouse of the PS3 (though the price is outrageous) and not the the unique gaming platform of the Wii. Maybe Halo 3 is the only real turn on for this console, but then again, why not get a souped up computer?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Wow! AKB, you finally made one sensefull post! I really appreciate that!

Personnaly, i do think the Wii is fun to play in groups but, i think i would grow tired of it pretty fast. For me, playing video games has always been some relaxing thing to do when i'm really tired and i don't feel like playing video games half the time standing up or swinging my arms...

And for the PS3, i don't know, i guess i just don't like it ;)
or should i say i prefer the games on Xbox360 (like Gears of War, BioShock and a few upcoming games)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Seriously, getting probably the most powerful gamingconsole technically together with a fully functional BluRay-player for a pricetag showing just roughly 4/3 of the 360-pricetag is quite pwnage, and for just 5/3 of the 360-price u get backcompatibility with PS1- and PS2-games...SERIOUSLY...

The only two reasons for getting a 360 that i can think of is if u are going to hoyl online like a madman or if u want to get some game which is released exclusively on the 360. ;x
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

John wrote:Seriously, getting probably the most powerful gamingconsole technically together with a fully functional BluRay-player for a pricetag showing just roughly 4/3 of the 360-pricetag is quite pwnage, and for just 5/3 of the 360-price u get backcompatibility with PS1- and PS2-games...SERIOUSLY...

The only two reasons for getting a 360 that i can think of is if u are going to hoyl online like a madman or if u want to get some game which is released exclusively on the 360. ;x
i don't have any Blue-Ray movies, i don't own a PS1 nor PS2 so no PS1 and 2 games, i love most Xbox360 exclusive games...

i guess the 360 is right for me then!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

probably... but bluray is the future since it pwned hd-dvd.. so if u enjoy movies u better buy a bluray-player and start stacking up some Blurays ;x
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Well, most people don't have an HD TV yet, and BluRay probably won't surpass DVDs in sales or distribution for at least 5 years (not to mention getting down to the same price level!), and by that time I guess there will exist regular BluRay players that are better than the PS3's for quite a cheap prize. And hmm, 5 years, that's pretty much been the time between two console generations?

Anyway, I would think it's the games and the entertainment value of them that matters most for people when choosing what console to buy. Obviously all three are very good consoles.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I dont see what could be improved in the PS3's BluRay-player. It works fine and it upscales(?) DVDs to 1080i if Im nat mistaken. It can play BluRays at FullHD which is the best resolution a "public" tv can have today. A better BluRay-player would need better than FullHD TV's.

Besides BluRays arent that much more expensive than new DVDs (the budget-DVD-shelves doesnt count here (love those tho)). Comparing the ratio of storage and the ratio of price certainly favors the BluRays.

I choose the PS3 because I like both gaming and movies, BoneLESS bought a 360 because of the reasons he stated above. Just have to accept people have different interests and taste.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

John wrote:I dont see what could be improved in the PS3's BluRay-player. It works fine and it upscales(?) DVDs to 1080i if Im nat mistaken. It can play BluRays at FullHD which is the best resolution a "public" tv can have today. A better BluRay-player would need better than FullHD TV's.
Well, better isn't only about features; there's a reason why you can buy CD players that cost $50,000 and speakers that cost $100,000. But that's a digression of course, as I wasn't talking about such ultra-high-end equipment at all :P

But if you look at the features though, the PS3 has only a hard drive of 80GB at most. Today you can buy cheap HDD DVD players with 160GB hard drives, and a bit more expensive ones with around 350GB, so obviously that's a huge advantage for people you want to record TV programs. However, I want to stress that I'm not dissing the PS3's BluRay player in any way, I know it's one of the best BluRay players on the market today, especially in its price range.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

SveinR wrote:And hmm, 5 years, that's pretty much been the time between two console generations?
PS1 came out in 1995, PS2 came out in 2000, PS3 came out in 2006. Xbox was 2001, 360 was 2005. N64 out in 1996, GameCube out in 2001 and Wii was 2006. 5 years is pretty average for a one-generation span.
The_BoneLESS wrote:For me, playing video games has always been some relaxing thing to do when i'm really tired and i don't feel like playing video games half the time standing up or swinging my arms...
You dont have to stand up and swing your arms. Zelda used a slight flick of the wrist at the very most. The only arm-swingers are on Wii Sports as far as Ive seen. Most are tilting or pointing.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

chux wrote:
The_BoneLESS wrote:For me, playing video games has always been some relaxing thing to do when i'm really tired and i don't feel like playing video games half the time standing up or swinging my arms...
You dont have to stand up and swing your arms. Zelda used a slight flick of the wrist at the very most. The only arm-swingers are on Wii Sports as far as Ive seen. Most are tilting or pointing.
Yeah, but when i play Wii, i play Wii! After a boxing game, i am almost dripping sweat ;)
What's the point of buying a Wii and not using the system like it was meant to be used?!

Anyway, i get your point but, i'll stick with the 360!
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Oh yeah, Wii Boxing is a workout. Wii Sports in general you have to stand for, but the actual games you dont.

I really struggle to find games I want to play for 360 or PS3. GTA IV is done, I got Oblivion the other day...thats about it, seeing as the "new" Sonic is shit...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

chux wrote:I really struggle to find games I want to play for 360 or PS3. GTA IV is done, I got Oblivion the other day...thats about it, seeing as the "new" Sonic is shit...
For 360, Gears Of War is simply off the hook! It's really great... and if you like 1rst person shooters, BioShock is simply that good and original.
Don't know much about the PS3 games but, that LittleBigPlanet game, which is coming up in fall i think, looks really awesome and very very different.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

LittleBigPlanet looks weird but coal... Ill keep my eyes on teh
Im home for the summer so had to leave both my tv and ps3 behind, and didnt finish GTA IV before i left either :/ doing some guitar hero 2 on PS2 instead tho

Anyone knows if Loco Roco is nice? ;P seems like kinda coal game to play on PSP when bored :)
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
chux wrote:I really struggle to find games I want to play for 360 or PS3. GTA IV is done, I got Oblivion the other day...thats about it, seeing as the "new" Sonic is shit...
For 360, Gears Of War is simply off the hook! It's really great... and if you like 1rst person shooters, BioShock is simply that good and original.
Don't know much about the PS3 games but, that LittleBigPlanet game, which is coming up in fall i think, looks really awesome and very very different.
I have Gears Of War, its alright. Apparantly realism just means grey these days, I kept hoping to have to kill a few clowns or something, just to get come colour in that game. Then the disc told me it didnt like being read anymore, so no more GoW for me I guess. Im not all that into shooters anyway, I'll survive.

BioShock is one I want to pick up though, Im told good things about it. That might make a third decent game. Woo hoo!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

finally another 360 game that looks great and innovative.

Mirror's edge : trailer

first person game that was said to be beatable without shooting one bullet.
Some new footage available on www.gametrailers.com
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

sorry to say this guy but i´m a wii person now :)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

uah ur going the wrong way
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

yeah but i really want to play Zelda Twilight Prinscess and so far, great game :P
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Don't really know if this is the right topic for this but: Has anybody tested the new game: Dead Space (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QO7J9K ... re=related). I am thinking of buying it for PC if it even exists for such. It seems max exciting!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Alma wrote:sorry to say this guy but i´m a wii person now :)
Glad to hear it! (only 4 months late)

Now I'm on Super Paper Mario and GH:WT.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Gears Of War 2 coming out tomorrow.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

With Guild Wars 2 coming out next year, I was wondering: should we say GoW2 so when GW2 will come out we won't be all messed up? Anyway I seldom use these acronyms...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Best would be GeoW2 because:

Gears of War : GeOW
God of War : GOW
Guild War : GW
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Maybe GearsoWar2 :wink:
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

niN wrote:Don't really know if this is the right topic for this but: Has anybody tested the new game: Dead Space (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QO7J9K ... re=related). I am thinking of buying it for PC if it even exists for such. It seems max exciting!
Im told Dead Space is really good, if you like an FPS. I dont...
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Okay, thanks chux
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

Borderlands just got released, thinking of buying it hopefully today. Since its a co-op online game i wonder if anyone else have had thoughts about it and if so, wanna rape story mode togheter?
geomatric hallucinations
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I haven't used my Xbox180 very much.. it can has play blueray dvd's or somehting? I'm curious how a HD-movie looks like :P
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..