the general attitude (emo/post-emo)

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

the general attitude (emo/post-emo)

Post by ribot »

This is a thread about the general attitude I face in the world, which is also reflected here in lauta, and especially on IRC. Jappe2 is like the perfect replica of it.

Features:
- the lack of emotions. as a way not to show weakness, because a person who is smiling is powerful, so only someone who is lost would hide/block their emotions. it is different from transcending emotions, meaning to be able to be strong and do good things despite of the ego being hurt. i'm talking about suppression here.

- the selfishness. to openly express to others that you only care about your own well-being and it doesnt bother you if someone else is bothered by you. some really troubled ppl even enjoy seeing others suffer. take a look at why anyone would behave like this. it is like making revenge to other ppl who have done this to you. so many times have you been completely disrespected, treated as worthless, assaulted just for the sake of it...and you just dont care anymore. in fact you lust for revenge. dont you see it's kinda cheap?

So, why do I write this? Because it seems like this behaviour is some way to try to act cool. Instead of crying or showing fear, you supress yourselves to not care about anything, and to not act like some weak person, you assault others as if to show you dont care about the rules.

And then what? What is with the sexually supressed? No one will like you for this behaviour. It will make some ppl scared of you, while others still laugh at you. You can never escape from what is really going on inside of you. That is the way to use strength, because it will make you move on in life. If you can take so much shit from others, take shit while doing what makes you happy. And learn to have fun with girls. They will not like someone who tries to be strong in front of men. They actually like progressive, brave, and happy boys.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
ribot
Not banned

Re: the general attitude (emo/post-emo)

Post by ribot »

The point is that you can really use your mind for the better, and that means you will have millions (yes millions) of % better life, when you figure out how it works.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I guess you could consider me 'emo' in a way, although not your stereotypical 'listen to thrash music and wear ridiculous eye make-up and have black straightened hair' emo. More that i rarely show much emotion, suppress things i wish to do etc.

basically if you want confirmation on what ribot said, here it is. staying happy, sticking true to your friends and not trying to impress others, merely being yourself makes you a happier, better off person. even sofar as when i'm happy, i watch my results improve at school, my playing increase in sport and music and my friends more entertaining :)

As for the whole 'i'm a man, i'm supposed to punch people and act all tough' - forget it, i'm all for not being poofy and wearing pink pants or w/e, but a little sensitivity never hurt anyone, and it will damn well make you friends for life.

:)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

SmaXa wrote:'i'm a man, i'm supposed to punch people and act all tough

Now you're a man (man)
A man, man, man
Now you're a man-man (man)
Man-man, man, man-man
Now you're a man (man)
M-A-N, man, man
Man-man, man
Now you're man
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

I don't understand how some people are so introverted nowadays... there are more opportunities to meet new people now than ever before! Have a decent family (luck involved), friends, and listening to music is enough to be happy IMO :)
belele
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

instead of trying to impress others, try to impress yourself.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

emos are teh gay
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Imo that's not a definition of emo, that's just a definition of stupid or something. emo is just that crazy thought of all black and hair in the face and listening to people yelling about murders and death and shit. And that, seriously, I thought about it a little better yesterday and I just couldn't believe. I mean, that's so indescribably loser to act like that. I mean, what's the point in all of the emo stuff, really. What's the fucking point. Tell me.
:mrhat:
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

actually emos listen to people whining about how they can't get a girlfriend
39:37,91
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »