Elasto for iPhone

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dimkadimon
Kuski

Elasto for iPhone

Post by dimkadimon »

How cool would it be to have Elasto for iPhone/touch? You hold the iPhone horizontally. You have buttons for break, accelerate and reverse and you control the direction of the bike by rotating the iPhone. You would struggle on levels where you have to do a full 360 rotation, but other than that everything should work just fine. You could have online global ratings that are automatically updated and online rooms where you could play against others. IMHO if done well this could be a huge hit!
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: Elasto for iPhone

Post by Mawane »

you make me remember Digimon
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
welle
Kuski

Post by welle »

Of course there are some (probably sucky) elma clones for iPhone like "Moto X Mayhem". "Dirt Bike Xtreme" seem to be even using your suggested tilt controls.

Btw, check out the game "yukendo", I made it :wink:
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya i got the ipod touch and recently got a few games for it. I was thinking about that the other day though if they had elasto for ipod touch that would be tight. wouldn't even know where to start to make that happen though.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
dimkadimon
Kuski

Post by dimkadimon »

I was going to download the SDK for iPhone and learn how to use it to make programs. I would love to have a crack at making Elasto for iPhone, although that would be awfully hard to get right. If I can somehow find out how Elasto physics works then I could try and get something simple to work.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Do not try and replicate Elma's physics, it's impossible. Rather, try and convert the format of current elma to iphone and then add new button/tilt functions.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya i got sdk the other day for my ipod touch but not sure even how to replicate games. i'll watch more youtube vids on it tonight and see if i can get anywhere with it.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

well anyone who can reverse engineer elma could rewrite it in any language i think? not sure about details how directdraw is supported in different languages, nor how necessary is directdraw to mimic elma as closely as possible, nor even less sure about hows stuff done with phones. i guess it's too much work without getting paid
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya probably only a handful of people in the elma scene that could realistically pull this off (mila being top contender) and he is busy enough as is.
Religious Man
||
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

is this worth discussing?

- no
jhonsadins
Kuski

Post by jhonsadins »

I would like to say few words about this game i have read it somewhere and i also experienced it as well..
If you are looking for a fun way to lose a couple of hours on the Elasto Mania is the perfect game!I recommend this game to anyone looking for a fun, intense game.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

booooooooooooollshiiiiiiiiit
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Pawq has gotten more annoying as of late. :I
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

we all have our mongo periods
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Reading this Topicname gave me an auto-Facepalm.