Elasto Mania Grand Prix

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

Elasto Mania Grand Prix

Post by onlainari »

Just saw the elma league topic and I don't want to write this under that topic,but we have been thinking about a wcup kinda league with the exception that the events last for 1-4 hours in a specific day,like sunday. That's a lot more similar to Formula 1 driving season than our current wcup. And that league would pop up lots of kuskis that doesn't care to waste many days for höyling one track. This kind of league doesn't require playing time from you. Only the normal couple of hours on every sunday for instance. We might get over 2 hundred players taking part every sunday. Only thing is..that if some people are not home or at their elma computer at that time they are out of the whole event. That's why they need to choose what is more important. If this kind of Cup happens. I would open those couple hours on sundays for the cup. Just like some plays soccer or anything,they have a chosen time to go to practices.
I'm pretty sure that people gets the motivation knowing that no1 have played more than them,if the event last for 1 or 2 hours. Everyone can hoyl that straight with decent results.

Who would rule?
I think the top10 wouldn't look the same it looks on the wcup right now. This is like a long battle and everyone are equal on spent time on level,that makes it interesting. Maybe the world's 10 best players are those who also plays the most and leads in the wcup standings,but that is the thing I think the elma wolrd might want to know next? What we all know,the cheating shittyrumour talk isn't going anywhere anyway,so what's left. I said something about the concept to px and he has thought about it and it might be coming,maybe they answer it here,or maybe we all just have to wait til wcup ends.
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

sounds cool to me

im all for it
TT= 38 somethin
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Just longer battles than normally?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I don't really know what is best.. 1 hour event can be rough.....for those who lives in places when they should play it at the night time...even if it's sunday it can be a bad time easily.. in 4 hour event...more people can make it and play at least 45minutes that could be enough for winning the event if the maximum is only 4hours.

And to your question,yeah...just longer battles. It sounds NOT-SO-BIG-THING,that is why if one is arranged,it needs a great attention! Advertising everywhere that the grand prix event is going to start in 3hours or so...and in the official page there should read the exact starting time in all the countries..(those where are elma players) so they really know when it starts and ends etc..... just advertising alot and all the 4 hundred elma players could be ready. I think you all know what are the problems in this kind of tournaments. Maybe it's not appropriate to start it just after WC....maybe some pre-things to prepare it...
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

i would play atleast, i hate wcup because events are too long. but if it's gonna be arranged by moposite (px or abula) i'd rather just have more mopobattles prioritized before it.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

400 players? :D

Even 50 would be damn hard work for the arrangers. Somehow I feel that Moposite won't do this eventhough it would be cool, yes. Maybe some bot system in IRCnet and a few fellows to arrange the events with it?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

that would suck caus if im geussing rite it will be sunday evening which means im at work or eating breaky,
this is discrimination against time zones, lol
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

This sounds like the idea I had few months ago, "battle wcup" ....anyway at the moment I prefer the real thing more because it's going pretty well 8)
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Well events was going to be around 21days or what it was and 2 days long...

I think it's time for this 2day events to come !!!

should be very fun, the top20 might be very diffrent then :)
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage