Quiz - Mind Trap

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Question 1: Turned it into sawdust, then poured it into different shaped containers
Question 2: 9
Question 3: Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! 5?!?!
New Question 4: 55 (132 months, that leaves 2 months...) 55.48 i think
Question 5: on a boat!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
DYW265
Kuski

Post by DYW265 »

q3: 0
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

thank you,
i was so sure i had that tiger question rite and when it wasnt said that it was rite i was so gutted,

3. 15, and thsi question still sucks
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Sorry Martin about that...

Hint for question 3: ChuckleS has been damn close twice...
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

3. it was to be 3,4,6
otherwise its 7

now give me a point
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

3: 4 kings
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Ive said 19, 0, 3, 2 and 5
so I have to say 4!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Then I will say 1!
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

MagnusB made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (after a bit of help)
Only one king. All af Englands kings were either dukes, princes or similar when they were crowned, except from King James VI of Scotland who was crowned king of England in 1603 :D
ChuckleS made no. 1. Najz work.
SveinR got lucky on this one with his guess at 0 cms in no. 4. This is because the tree grows in the top, not from the bottom.

Standings:

1p: ribot, Sun, Martin, MagnusB, ChuckleS, SveinR

Question 1: When the oil-sheik Abdul Abdullah died he left 17 camels. In his will he had decided that the oldest son should get half of them. His second eldest son should get a third of them, and his youngest son should get a sixth of them. Without killing the camels they managed to follow their fathers wish. How?

Question 2: Often spoken of, but never seen
always on the way, but has never been
I'm always there, but never here.
I come soon, I'm very near
Thousands wait upon my arrival
but howewr long they wait, they never find me here.
Who am I?

Question 3: What is is it that goes from house to house but never comes in?

Question 4: Many years ago, a very rich duke died. He left his money and property to his only child. It was known that he had a son somewhere, but noone knew were he was. His death became more and more famous and many young men came and claimed they were the his child. They all fitted the description by name, looks, colour and age. Then an old friend of the duke proposed that they would take a test. Everyone agreed taking this test except one. The ones agreeing were false heirs and the one who didn't was the heir. What was the test, and why did the heir refuse taking it?

Question 5: I have an box that is 5 x 5 x 5 cms (125 cm^3). Inside the box is a steel ball, with a volum of 20 cm^3. Next to the box stands a bucket filled with mercury. How many cm^3s with mercury must you poor down in the box to cover the ball?
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q1: He folds a piece of paper (in 3D)

Q2: Tomorrow

Q3: 8 kings

Q4:
Calculator wrote:55,8333333333333333333333
Q5: You can't. The steel ball will float on the mercury. (If the box has a lid, 125-20 = 105 cm^3)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q3: Roads
Sun
Kuski

Post by Sun »

1. There are only two sons, both get 8 and share the other
5. About 64.2 cm^3
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

3. the mailman
4. theywere asked to sleep with the dukes wife or daughters, the one that was really the heir would not want to sleep with someone of his own blood
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Q1: They bought a new camel for x prise, (they paid it's prise in 1/2, 1/3, and 1/6 part), and then they had 18 camels, and the oldest got 9, the second one got 6, and the youngest 3.

Q3: Postman
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Zworqy made no. 2, 3 and 5. Nicely done!
Also KD made no. 1, but I made a mistake writing the question. It was supposed to be a ninth of the camels for the youngest son, but anyway, KD gets the point.

Standinds:

3p: Zworqy
1p: ribot, Sun, Martin, MagnusB, ChuckleS, SveinR, KD

Question 1: How much is half of two thirds of three fourths of four fifths of five sixths of six sevenths of seven eights of eight ninths of 9 tenths of 1000?

Question 2: Professor Quantum is experimenting with a pet-pigeon. En she-pidgeon can not make eggs while she is alone. She have to see another pidgeon to be able to make eggs. Professor Quantum insists that he can make the pidgeon lay eggs without two pidgeons. How?

Question 3: Not in, not out, not under open sky. What is it?

Question 4: Many years ago, a very rich duke died. He left his money and property to his only child. It was known that he had a son somewhere, but noone knew were he was. His death became more and more famous and many young men came and claimed they were the his child. They all fitted the description by name, looks, colour and age. Then an old friend of the duke proposed that they would take a test. Everyone agreed taking this test except one. The ones agreeing were false heirs and the one who didn't was the heir. What was the test, and why did the heir refuse taking it?

Question 5: A man came into a room that had four corners, In each corner there were three large sacks. In each sack there laid three bags. In each bag there was three cats who had three kittens each. How many feet were in the room?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Question 1: 100
Question 2: Artificial insemination...
Question 3: Shadow
Question 4: The only thing i can think of is a blood test, but that wouldnt be it...would it?
Question 5: 2, the others are paws :D 194 if you count paws though
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Question 1: How much is half of two thirds of three fourths of four fifths of five sixths of six sevenths of seven eights of eight ninths of 9 tenths of 1000?

Question 5: A man came into a room that had four corners, In each corner there were three large sacks. In each sack there laid three bags. In each bag there was three cats who had three kittens each. How many feet were in the room?

2. A cat's feet are called paws
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

ChuckleS is back on top. He made no.1 and 5 and is currently in a tied lead with Zworqy, but ChuckleS, it would be much more paws than 194. 4*3*3*3*3*4 (kittens paws) +4*3*3*3*4 (cats paws) = 1296+432 = 1728 + 2 feet :)

Standings:

3p: Zworqy, ChuckleS
1p: ribot, Sun, Martin, MagnusB, SveinR, KD

Question 1: Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot 28th of June 1914. When his servants came to his rescue they couldn't get him out of his uniform. Therefore he bled to death. Why couldn't they open his uniform?

Question 2: Professor Quantum is experimenting with a pet-pigeon. En she-pidgeon can not make eggs while she is alone. She have to see another pidgeon to be able to make eggs. Professor Quantum insists that he can make the pidgeon lay eggs without two pidgeons. How?

Question 3: Not in, not out, not under open sky. What is it?

Question 5: Which three letters are the next in line: A E F H I K L . . .
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

3. gollum
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Question 1: He'd done it up too tight :D
Question 2: Make the pigeon eat some eggs, so then it'll 'pass' them...it'll have the same effect
Question 3: Conciousness
Question 4: Hard one...I hope someone can get the right answer to this...
Question 5: A E F H I K L M N T (they are drawn with straight lines only)
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q1: He had an armor on.
Q2: With the use of a mirror...
Q3: A door
Q4: Too hard...
Q5: chux is right.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Blah, I used the fucking calculator on the previous #1 question, and still I was wrong... :(
Rules | FAQ
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

ChuckleS made no. 5 and Zworqy made no. 2 and 3. Way to go!!!

Standings:

4p: Zworqy
3p: ChuckleS

Question 1: Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot 28th of June 1914. When his servants came to his rescue they couldn't get him out of his uniform. Therefore he bled to death. Why couldn't they open his uniform?

Question 2: Imagine one liter milk and one liter wine. Lets say that you pour one dl of the wine into the milk and mix it. Then you pour one dl of the mixture back in the wine. Is it now more milk in the wine, wine in the milk or is it the same?

Question 3: Albert could see the finish line closing and he used his last powers and managed to get past the others and win the race by several meters. Even though the first price was 10000$ and a nice trophy, Albert got neither. Why not?

Question 5: King Tut died 120 years after King Eros was born. They were, if you add their ages together, 100 years when they died. King Eros died in year 40 BC. In what year was King Tut born?
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

1. more wine than milk

3. he was doped out of his fuken brain, or he was a cartoon and they cheat by using his powers
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q1: ??????, probably something with WWI (world war 1) though
Q2: the same
Q3: Albert was an animal, and his owner got the cash and the trophy!
Q4: A hint please?
Q5: 20 BC
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Zworqy is on fire. He made no. 2, 3 and 5.

I'll give you some new clues in the two remaining questions.

Standings:

7p: Zworqy

Question 1: Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot 28th of June 1914. When his servants came to his rescue they couldn't get him out of his uniform. The problem was that they couldn't inbutton it, or open his zipper. Therefore he bled to death. Why couldn't they open his uniform?

Question 2: Mrs Mulligan lies dead in her bed. A pair of scissors lies on the floor next to the bed. These scissors has been a part of her murder, but there are no traces of blood. It is not even marks or cuts on Mrs Mulligans body. How was it then possible to kill her with the scissors?

Question 3: ChuckleS sits and looks intensely on a red bag on the table. Then he turns his head and looks at a white wall. What does he see?

Question 4: Many years ago, a very rich duke died. He left his money and property to his only child. It was known that he had a son somewhere, but noone knew were he was. His death became more and more famous and many young men came and claimed they were the his child. They all fitted the description by name, looks, colour and age. Then an old friend of the duke proposed that they would take a test. Everyone agreed taking this test except one. The ones agreeing were false heirs and the one who didn't was the heir. What was the test, and why did the heir refuse taking it? (ChuckleS is onto something)

Question 5: Professor Quantum was on an expedition up north and dug after fossils and other old stuff. While he dug trough some snow and ice he found the body of a man. After examining the body the professor was astonished. This body was Adam - from the Bible. How could the professor so clearly say that this was Adam?
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

2: it's more wine in the milk than milk in the wine
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

2: The murder putted the a scisser into her mouth, so she died
3: A White wall
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

wot does dl mean
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

dl=desiliter, 1/10 of a litre
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

3. a green spot
5. probably Adam was wearing that stupid leaf :)
the weed fan club
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

3: He sees a white wall. :D
5: I've heard this one before, I think it's a stupid riddle. It's because he doesn't have a navel.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

1: the blood hade made the zipper stuck
2: it shocked her to death due to a traumatic experience with scissors
3: a cyan (green) virtual image of a bag and a white wall
4: they asked him to have sex with his sister
5: he had an ID card saying Adam
-
-
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q1: It was already open, but it was too late anyway
Q2: Suffocation...
Q3: A greenish bag on a white wall
Q4: still ?????????????????
Q5: He was missing a chest bone.
djacosmo
Kuski

Post by djacosmo »

Q1: He was shot in the neck

Q2: Someone cut her life-support machine or IV drip bag

Q3: Green bag on white wall

Q4: to shoot the heir's mother/sister

Q5: No belly button, cos he wasn't attached to a mother via it.
Image Are you n00b enough? Find out here "Kittens give Morbo gas"
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Question 1: Cos he didnt have one, he was a naked warrior
Question 2: Cut the cable to her life support machine
Question 3: I see a greenish colour :D
Question 4: A DNA test
Question 5: A belly button

I keep missing these cos lauta keeps telling me theres no new posts! Cant this be sorted?!?!
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Jalli wrote:dl=desiliter, 1/10 of a litre
there was still more wine in the milk than milk in the wine
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Nope, actually it's just as much milk in the wine as wine in the milk.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q5: did he really find a body and not just the bones?
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

jcl got no. 3, and MagnusB no. 5. I'll also accept djacosmos answer in no. 2, but ths question will remain since there also is another solution to it and I am to tired to translate a new question. :D

Standings:

2p: MagnusB
1p: ribot, Sun, Martin, SveinR, KD, jcl, djacosmo

Question 1: Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot 28th of June 1914. When his servants came to his rescue they couldn't get him out of his uniform. The problem was that they couldn't unbutton it, or open his zipper. Therefore he bled to death. Why couldn't they open his uniform?

Question 2: Mrs Mulligan lies dead in her bed. A pair of scissors lies on the floor next to the bed. These scissors has been a part of her murder, but there are no traces of blood. It is not even marks or cuts on Mrs Mulligans body. How was it then possible to kill her with the scissors?

Question 3: Little Peter bragged about the school soccer team. "In the last match we played, we won even though none of our boys scored a single goal!". How could this be when the match ended 3-1? (Two possible solutions, I want them both)

Question 4: Many years ago, a very rich duke died. He left his money and property to his only child. It was known that he had a son somewhere, but noone knew were he was. His death became more and more famous and many young men came and claimed they were the his child. They all fitted the description by name, looks, colour and age. Then an old friend of the duke proposed that they would take a test. Everyone agreed taking this test except one. The ones agreeing were false heirs and the one who didn't was the heir. What was the test, and why did the heir refuse taking it? (ChuckleS is onto something)

Question 5: You have two plastic-mugs with water. How can you pour all of this water over in a barrel, without putting the mugs into the barrel and without using plates the separate the water, still know which water that came from which mug?
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

3: The other team scored own goals, and....hmmm.... :)
5: I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly... I thought about warming up one of the mugs, so that the water from that mug would stay at the top in the barrel.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

5, you put jelly crystals in to one mug and the water turns to jelly of a bright colour then when you pour both into the barrel one will be a different colour, and theres nothing in the rules that say you cant do that
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Question 1: I still cant work this one out...
Question 2: Someone threatened her with them, and because she was an old woman, she was scared to death
Question 3: 1) Girls scored the goals, and 2) the other team scored own goals
Question 4: Something to do with another member of the family...
Question 5: Freeze the water(s)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

1: he was on an unreachable place, like inside a cage and no one had the key, so they couldnt get to him to unbotton him.

2: the murderer cut an electric cord off the bed lamp, which electricuted her to death

4: the test was to humiliate the old duek
-
-
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

2. She was tied to his bed, and she starved to death coz the scissors were so far away...
the weed fan club
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q2: He whacked her in the head (with the plastic handles). Doesn't necessarily leave a mark.

Q5: (colored) ice.
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

ChuckleS made no. 3 and 5.
New hint in question 4.

Standings:

5p: ChuckleS
2p: MagnusB
1p: ribot, Sun, Martin, SveinR, KD, jcl, djacosmo

Question 1: Franz Ferdinand of Austria was shot 28th of June 1914. When his servants came to his rescue they couldn't get him out of his uniform. The problem was that they couldn't unbutton it, or open his zipper. Therefore he bled to death. Why couldn't they open his uniform?

Question 3: NASA considered sending birds (canary-birds I think) up in space to study how they would act when they were wightless. This project were rejected when someone found out that the birds, in spite of having access to water, would die because they didn't have enough fluid in there bodies. Why?

Question 4: Many years ago, a very rich duke died. He left his money and property to his only child. It was known that he had a son somewhere, but noone knew were he was. His death became more and more famous and many young men came and claimed they were the his child. They all fitted the description by name, looks, colour and age. Then an old friend of the duke proposed that they would take a BLOODtest. Everyone agreed taking this BLOODtest except one. The ones agreeing were false heirs and the one who didn't was the heir. Why did the heir refuse taking it?

Question 5: Four men sat down and played. They played all night. They played seriously and not for fun. When they in the end counted their money, everyone had earned pretty much. How can it be that noone lost money and everyone made money?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Question 3: NASA considered sending birds (canary-birds I think) up in space to study how they would act when they were wightless. This project were rejected when someone found out that the birds, in spite of having access to water, would die because they didn't have enough fluid in there bodies. Why?

The birds couldn't direct their flight because they were weightless, so they couldn't reach the water.

Question 5: Four men sat down and played. They played all night. They played seriously and not for fun. When they in the end counted their money, everyone had earned pretty much. How can it be that noone lost money and everyone made money?

They didn't play eachother.
Rules | FAQ
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Question 1: He was a diver who got shot with a harpoon...the zip on his wetsuit rusted and wouldnt open.
Question 2: She was hanging above a BED of nails. Someone cut the rope she was hanging on.
Question 3: They coulnt drink because the water would float around nuttily
Question 4: Thereal guy had some kinda blood disorder and didnt want anyone to know, the other guys didnt mind taking the test
Question 5: They were either playing other people, or they were in a tournament that, even if you dont win, you still win money, 2nd and 3rd place...whatever
Last edited by chux on 20 Jan 2003, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Q5: They were playing on horses.