9 Levels from "Sebastian" (High Quality)

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

SebastianSch
Kuski

9 Levels from "Sebastian" (High Quality)

Post by SebastianSch »

The following levels are no 5-minute-works. i really put much, much time in creating them. For me it would be the greatest to see people play my levels. so if it is possible, send me your replays or the link where i can download them.

HAVE FUN!

Seb0001: "Simplex"
A hard and tricky one. Maybe to hard.
DL: here

Seb0002: "Rocky Road To Dublin"
Not so hard but fun to drive. At the same time it should be a little tribute to THE DUBLINERS!

Seb0003: "The Ape pt. 1"
Your bike has to act like an ape with strange jumps and all-position-driving!

Seb0004: "The Ape pt.2"
Like the pt.1 but in a different style with a completely different level.

Seb0005: "Elmafever"
Combines the famous word-motive "ELMA" with an underground-part.

Seb0006: "Highspeed Adventure"
Most of the time you can drive highspeed. By the way you have to get some tricky jumps.

Seb0007: "I Will Kill You"
It's a tribute to Cannibal Corpse and a not so easy level with some pipe elements. Maybe you'll DIE sometimes.

Seb0008: "Pits and Rectangles"
This one has a very stylish name, hehe. But while playing you have to move between these two elements.

Seb0009: "Scan"
The name has nothing to do with the level but it sounds really cool i think. In this one you can choose between a pipe way (maybe it is to hard to go through) and an "normal" way. The normal way is the one that makes more fun the other way is just to probe your skills.

To download ALL the levels in ONE pack, click here! (RIGHT CLICK --> SAVE AS)
Last edited by SebastianSch on 11 May 2006, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

for sure I'll play them, in 1 week I have no school so I can play more if they are good.... TO DOWNLOAD, RIGHT CLICK' SAVE ASS

seems good! :D
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

i hope you'll enjoy them! Thanks.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

I'm sorry to tell you that, but, I didn't (exept for Elmafever, is good for me)
simon_labroue wrote:Ali's LP's still better than Sebastian's
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

no problem man! maybe someone other has fun by playing them. but if you have replays you want to send me, just call me per pm.
greetings!
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

very nice levels i play them
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

that's cool! as i said: i really put many, many hours and many love in them. i'm not the best player but i really love to create levels. all levels were made old school with the intern lev-editor.
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

I think that most of the ppl use "old-school" editor. Like 90% of the players? :P
The levs are ok. :)
belele
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

not too bad levels :)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

If I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't like these at all. Might be true what you said about spending hours on them, but that's not always a positive thing. Adding hundreds of pictures and masks doesn't necessarily make the levels any better, and when you spend too much time on "tuning" the vertices you often sacrifice playability. I feel all the levels suffer from the speed loop syndrome with too many round corners and too much speed in general.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

I also pretty much hated them, I'm sorry, I don't test people's levels very often and I genuinely hoped to be pleasantly surprised with your levels, because they were very aesthetically attractive, but the playability was close to 0. I just don't see how to get a "fast" ride in the ones I tried, and even if I was gonna go for a fast ride, it would be horribly painful to play. You need to work on flow, and don't be afraid to make them easier. People like hard levels, but hard in the sense of requiring a really good ride to finish, not just like some trials-lev mongo ballefax congo.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

yup. sierra, do you think that playability of the levels you make is correlated with your playing skills? of course, I made a very playable level (ask jt) that could not have been made without my skills. pretty hard to finish, ~40 secs. and exploits all types of stunts, except bounces.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

simon_labroue wrote:yup. sierra, do you think that playability of the levels you make is correlated with your playing skills? of course, I made a very playable level (ask jt) that could not have been made without my skills. pretty hard to finish, ~40 secs. and exploits all types of stunts, except bounces.
Well this is something I have thought of. Evidence partly supports your hypothesis - MP arguably makes the best levels, and he is arguably the best externalist ever. skint0r is also a very capable player. John is an outstanding pipe player and the JoPi levels are really good. Jeppe is one of the most skilled people of all time, and some of his battle levels are unparallelled.

Yet there remain a lot of great players who absolutely suck at levelmaking. People like Zweq, Toringe, Luther and axxu just can't use the editor to save their lives. And great levmakers such as Juble, Rasken, Jappe2 and insane guy aren't known to be great players.

I have many thoughts on this matter but I will try and summarize them. There are two main prerequisites, two main limiting factors, for great level making:

- Awareness of what combinations of polygons require skill to drive. In other words, awareness of what it is to be a good player.

- Artistic creativity. A great player can test a level and say it's bad, but if he isn't a creative person artistically, he won't necessarily be able to improve it. And even less will he be able to make his own good level from scratch.

So, you might say that playing skill is required up to a point, from which it then requires artistic talent to go further.

If people want, I could expand these ideas into an article of some kind.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

sierra wrote:If people want, I could expand these ideas into an article of some kind.
I'd much appreciate it.
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

does anyone have rpl's of my levels? please tell me!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

I just saved one horrible first finish on the first level, 2:26,07.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

thank you for that!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I forgot I saved some recs earlier. Here they are:

http://home.planet.nl/~groo5305/sebtj.zip
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

i also thank you!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Shit, on seb08 you beat my time by less than ,2 second.. :P
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

maybe you do this style on 08. you'll see that my replay is not so good and i'm sure good drivers can improve it alot.

@The_BoneLESS: thank you, too!
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

n1 skintor !
man these levels are so frustrating and hardly playable. i think you should better concern about playability of these levels instead of a "high quallity" as you say it that way. mostly all of these levels has very low flow and i must say i didnt like these at all
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

sure, the problem isn't graphics at all; they are nice, in my opinion.
the only lacking ingredient I think is playability, like Kestas put it.

but in my opinion, it's the latter that matters, not the esthetic element :wink:
SebastianSch
Kuski

Post by SebastianSch »

maybe you have some more replays now. if yes than please post them here.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No, the levels weren't good enough to keep me playing.