Liebe ist für alle da banished in Germany.

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

teajay
Donator duck

Liebe ist für alle da banished in Germany.

Post by teajay »

http://www.laut.de/vorlaut/news/2009/11 ... /index.htm
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/469/493812/text/

I was told about this by my father. He was shocked by the content of the song, though he mentioned his age probably being a factor in his own perception. Probably, as the depiction of works like these were much more of a controversy in his own youth.

Then again, in the 60's there was no big deal with love in any fashion, and Rammstein clearly stated that that is what their songs are about. What I am concerned about is the fact that people should be getting smarter, not dumber. I find the news title on this site's frontpage very apt in this respect. Germany just got dumber.

Censorship is a paternal and worried gesture. In my own ideal world there's no censorship whatsoever, and parents are intelligent enough to cope with the explicit content being targeted at their kids. One way or another, the madness showcased in the indexed song is part of the human genotype, so by trying to ban this from the public view, one is actually creating a massive denial of their own properties.

I for one, will keep enjoying arts like these. Please keep in mind that I am not promoting anarchy here, but freedom of speech and mind. In my opinion, there's a strict dichotomy between free thinking and free acting. If anyone would take part in mutilations like those in the song, he or she should be prosecuted.

In practise, this forthcoming ban resulted in a quick rise of sales. People tend to go after that what is deemed unapt for them. I do not see this as a purely positive effect; one might hail the censorship. Either way, until recently I was shocked by the history of PMRC. Now I am shocked by the politics of one of the more progressive countries in our world.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Re: Liebe ist für alle da banished in Germany.

Post by ElrondMcBong »

I think thats the best thing that could happend to Rammstein, cause now every(kid/teenager) wants to hear why this album is censored!!

btw germany and his laws sax to the max!!!