non-topic related discussion

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

non-topic related discussion

Post by ribot »

This thread should not be discussing anything that has to do with this subject. The purpose is for all those posts that fit that description.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

I don't understand. Is this post allowed here?
:P
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

To illustrate what a chess player can actually be capable of thinking during play, Mikhail Tal created a hypothetical (hippothetical?) dialogue between a journalist and himself.

Journalist: It might be inconvenient to interrupt our profound discussion and change the subject slightly, but I would like to know whether extraneous, abstract thoughts ever enter your head while playing a game?

Tal: Yes. For example, I will never forget my game with GM Vasiukov on a USSR Championship. We reached a very complicated position where I was intending to sacrifice a knight. The sacrifice was not obvious; there was a large number of possible variations; but when I began to study hard and work through them, I found to my horror that nothing would come of it. Ideas piled up one after another. I would transport a subtle reply by my opponent, which worked in one case, to another situation where it would naturally prove to be quite useless. As a result my head became filled with a completely chaotic pile of all sorts of moves, and the infamous "tree of variations", from which the chess trainers recommend that you cut off the small branches, in this case spread with unbelievable rapidity. And then suddenly, for some reason, I remembered the classic couplet by Korney Ivanovic Chukovsky:

"Oh, what a difficult job it was. To drag out of the marsh the hippopotamus".

I don't know from what associations the hippopotamus got into the chess board, but although the spectators were convinced that I was continuing to study the position, I, despite my humanitarian education, was trying at this time to work out: just how WOULD you drag a hippopotamus out of the marsh ? I remember how jacks figured in my thoughts, as well as levers, helicopters, and even a rope ladder. After a lengthy consideration I admitted defeat as an engineer, and thought spitefully to myself: "Well, just let it drown!" And suddenly the hippopotamus disappeared. Went right off the chessboard just as he had come on ... of his own accord! And straightaway the position did not appear to be so complicated. Now I somehow realized that it was not possible to calculate all the variations, and that the knight sacrifice was, by its very nature, purely intuitive. And since it promised an interesting game, I could not refrain from making it.
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

You should allow creativity to flow everywhere you can, zworqy, it's your only source of well being. Same with the operators, when they get a supreme chance to for once be able to think for themselves, hey they are very lucky. Forget the fake world you learn from tv and get in touch with what really happens, and then ask yourself what is allowed.
-
-
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

tv, wtf is tv, i cant stand to watch it, bunch of lame actors chanting even lamer jokes. some movies are ok, personal i dont like new cost of cigarettes, even if i dont smoke its the fundamental issue
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

If this is non-topic related topic. Then if it is "non-topic" it is "on-topic", cause that whats this thread is about. But, if it is "on-topic" related. Then, it will be according topic. And therefore not off-topic. As I thought this topic was about... so then. How can you be off-topic here, which seems to be Ribots wish? (his outside wish anyway, his internal intentions is not for us to see). So we all have to be "off-topic" which was Ribots wish, but... I did not think he was one who like to do what rules or others say. Which all here (if I am not fundametally mistaken) will be doing, no matter what they say. So, is this an act of panic to be taken over the planet as a dictator of love? No, he can not be the man of love. For love is Very "ON-Topic", in every TV-show you ever see. So, from this I can only conclude:
Ribot is the most mainstreem of us all.

Love (?)
/ram
Elasto Mania - ez better
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i like the fruit squished to a nice cold juice, when you drink your coke, you start loving certain things i dont understand. so why did you buy the carrot?
if it wouldnt that complicated to explain you`d surely notice that this wasnt true. so i went on, moving through the shop, thinking of animals. i like apes, because they are funny. hey look at this bonobo: its only 35$, very cheap in my BRAGARGAARGARGA!
the bartender came and kicked me out of the bar. now, here im lying on the field, nothing to do but thinking of this.....
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

This looks a lot like the thread i made on the MK-Forum where you just post anything and its on topic...basically the thread cant be locked due to off topicness.

Pointless really
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

actually there is a brilliant piece of point in this thread, the secret is hush hush and all you got to do is figure it out, nat so hard, nor so difficult
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

i think ive had enough of ribot.

...cant wait for his reply to this post.

"if only you could see balbalhablahhh"

shutup k, go tell your friends.
mcleod
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

it's not about topix fewl
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I wonder where I could get the font with which that 'The Moposite' sign is made?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Ky.Jelly wrote:actually there is a brilliant piece of point in this thread, the secret is hush hush and all you got to do is figure it out, nat so hard, nor so difficult
Okii, so lets us all in on the secret...

Im suprised this hasnt been locked, but I guess thats the point, it cant be
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Why does all things have to have a point?

Why does thing happen at all... for a reson?
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I am very sad today.
Today I am very sad.
I feel so alone.
Alone is what I am today.
I dont only feel alone.
For I am it.
peaple all are just so stupid... so... "sorglösa"
maybe I want it too