Tour-de-france topic!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

todays stage was so hilarious. mickael rasmussen was utterly pathetic, i've never seen anything like that before! at his second crash where he fell off headfirst i was literally ROFL...
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

I cant BELIEVE he could do it that bad! Oh my god, hes on a 7th place now, completely without any hope of getting up their again tommorow....Oooh dear. This truely sux
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

maybe the funniest thing of it all was how the guys in the studio before the race were babblling about how his great technique and his perfection towards the bike and material in general would help him. 2 crashes because of bad riding skills (as far as i saw it) and 1 flat tire (or maybe the wheel was damaged) and atleast 3 bike changes... so much for good technique and material :lol: rolf sørensen should almost feel as humiliated as mickael rasmussen.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

its fucking awesome, been watching it at the beach, go teh lance :P
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

J-sim wrote:maybe the funniest thing of it all was how the guys in the studio before the race were babblling about how his great technique and his perfection towards the bike and material in general would help him. 2 crashes because of bad riding skills (as far as i saw it) and 1 flat tire (or maybe the wheel was damaged) and atleast 3 bike changes... so much for good technique and material :lol: rolf sørensen should almost feel as humiliated as mickael rasmussen.
You are really mean. I was kinda terrified when watching it. I know, he got what he wanted already, but it would be great if he could keep his 4th place, Ullrich would've gotten 3rd easy anyway, but getting lower was really stupid. I think he has got much potential, but has to do some mental training for next year. He can do good in the mountains, just the tension is something he wasn't used to. No wonder, getting 3rd place out of nothing messes up your mind badly.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Dariuz wrote:and ez win for armstrong :)
I don't think it was ez win...
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

well kopaka at which point besides the last time trial did he even seem to make a real effort to win?

of course the gap he had before the time trial was not big at all, but armstrong is just so enredibely in control over the race. he knows exactly how much stronger he is than his opponents and he doesn't even need to show it...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

J-sim wrote:well kopaka at which point besides the last time trial did he even seem to make a real effort to win?

of course the gap he had before the time trial was not big at all, but armstrong is just so enredibely in control over the race. he knows exactly how much stronger he is than his opponents and he doesn't even need to show it...
Totally agree j-sim. Kopaka, you must be a total dork or we have a definition problem. One thing though, it was clear Armstrong was going to win. Did you see the altered tactics since last year? far more control.

The team put more effort in this win, alas, but still it was an ez win, and because of the more effort, a damn obvious win. Armstrong had a relatively big gap, compared to previous tours, and Basso and Ulrich were quite competetive, so it wasn't due to lack of concurrention. (Rasmussen was not an obstacle, that's why he could remain 3rd for a long time).

And his strenght was proven yesterday in the time trial. Unbelievable.

Great Tour!
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

hmm... even though he never really was threatened it still wasn't ez, still max work behind what he did.. and btw Dariuz was talking about the time trial (atleast I thought so) and I was refering to the time trial when saying it was not ez win.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Kopaka wrote:hmm... even though he never really was threatened it still wasn't ez, still max work behind what he did.. and btw Dariuz was talking about the time trial (atleast I thought so) and I was refering to the time trial when saying it was not ez win.
Oh. Definately. Ulrich had made quite a good time yes. But 23 seconds gap, mighty haven. He coulda win with less effort. It's always hard to drive fast, but well, it wasn't a close call. Shall we forget the term "ez" anyway when talking about this? It only brings confusion. :P
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Thor Hushovd got the green jersey \o/

Mango Norwegian journalists though: "Is this the greatest moment of your sporting career?" liek, duh..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Heh, I guess he didn't have anything interesting to ask. Rasmussen gets the balls, he should be happy enough with that. Next year more from him let's hope. I always support more Rabobank succes, dutch companies make me chauvinistic.