#battle !abort

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

jonsterion
Kuski

#battle !abort

Post by jonsterion »

In the last couple of days battlebot seems to be quite unstable. He is leaving/joining every 10 minutes. As everyone should know, if battlebot leaves during a battle, when he comes back that battle will never end!
This is really frustrating since people want to start their battles but they just can't!
These kind of 'neverending' battles can be stoped if any of the following persons perform an !abort - dz, markku, skint0r, veezay, cyre.
Markku seems to be quite away from #battle during summer, dz is on across and battle but usually afk, skint0r - the same, veezay seems not to be playing elma at all!

What I'm trying to say here, is that other persons such as axxu should have the power to abort battles. axxu could have aborted these battles way before any of the other guys mentioned before since he is very active on irc.
skint0r aborts these kinds of battles but 1-3 hours later :S. I'm not blaming on him, because he has more important things to do appart from keeping an irc channel clean for sure! I'm just saying there should be a change.
At least terb0, axxu should have this !abort thingy.
belele
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i would go even further and say that the person who started the battle should be able to abort it himself, cause sometimes you make a mistake, forget to put an apple or notice that it is impsy lev after you started it so that would be a very useful feature in my opinion.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

insane guy wrote:i would go even further and say that the person who started the battle should be able to abort it himself, cause sometimes you make a mistake, forget to put an apple or notice that it is impsy lev after you started it so that would be a very useful feature in my opinion.
Bad things about this would be that it could be abused.. People could abort their battles if noone plays (or rather, they think noone plays and aborts before people have posted their times), or if they don't think enough people plays, etc.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

maby if certain amount of people wrote !abort in certain amount of time then it would abort.

5 people write !abort under the period of 1 minute for example
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Yea, more people with !abort ability would be welcome indeed.
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

good point there indeed tho it would be really hard to gather his much of players ammount nowadays
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

dz wrote:Yea, more people with !abort ability would be welcome indeed.
I agree.

Not that I would be anymore better battle aborter than anyone else but could be handy...
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

None of you ppl have really come up with a smart solution to the problem, why not just add this to battlebot source (asuming it is mircscript):
on *:JOIN:#battle: if $nick == $me /abortbattle
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

im always playing on #battle 10pm - 5am so i could abort battles then.
Seize the day