HoÿlaDays Tournament : Oversee

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Coco
Kuski

HoÿlaDays Tournament : Oversee

Post by Coco »

Who is the best on an höyled level ? The one with the best time or the other with the best average ?
Quite difficult to answer... But I think that average is more representative.
Therefore, I decided to create a tournament based on top 10 average !

Rules :

Rankings done on Top 10 average, not on best time !
Top 10 will be used to sort players with the same average.
For players with exactly the same top 10 (so same average),
ranking will be done on upload date and time.

When : August (not yet determined)

Levels :

Each level could be finished in maximum 1 minutes (by beginners) to make it a maximum hoylable !
I would like to dispatch them in 4 categories (normal, alovolt, bounce and pipe)... Not yet decided.

Who :

From beginner to world champion... There will have player categories : I keep secret method which will be used to do it ;o)

Good hoyl men.
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

You should take the best time not the average.
Sounds interesting. Crazy/Karlis wins so :).
belele
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I think the average time sounds good. Great to have something a bit different now and then.
Not sure though if I'm gonna play.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

sounds great, i like this thread and gonna be tuned to it. i think it's ok to have a tournament based not on the best time but the averages for some variety now. and great idea coco by making sorting levels to 4 categories with different type of runs. i love it that it's going to contain pipes in it and i wish there could be more of em then the others :]

and how long will these hoylas be ?
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

very nice idea but

- too ez to edit the times in level

- i am afraid that it won't be a good idea to take an avg, because the time spent on the level shouldn't matter as this is a tournament which measures players' skills, as you see if one level is a short one, it might turn out not to be just enough
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

- 10 recs.

- bla
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

well maybe save 'em:

Hoyl01x0
Hoyl01x1
Hoyl01x2
Hoyl01x3
Hoyl01x4
Hoyl01x5
Hoyl01x6
Hoyl01x7
Hoyl01x8
Hoyl01x9

but this would be max boring for to HOST.. hehe.. checking AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the recs
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

If you save ten replays, you would have to edit all replays' names.

For example, you drive a best time, save it as hoyl00. Then, you drive a new best time, but you have to rename the previous replay hoyl01, then name this one hoyl00. Then, when you get 10 replays, and then make a best time, you have to rename your 10 replays' name... that looks boring to me...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Or you can just save replays with the times in them, eg:
H01x1989
H01x1994
H01x1996
H01x2000
...etc,

Or if you get same time:
H02x1543
H02a1545
H02b1545
H02c1545
...etc.
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

such a nonesence... i'm sure thi wont be needed for the tournament like this. why the hell woul we save a replay every time we beat a top10 time when it is enough to send in stats generated by levstats or something and 1 replay of best time as for a proof. i'm sure none would bother with this tournament if it would really say so in the rules....
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

Hum... 3 possibilities :

1) save only besttime.rec (for proof) then send besttime.rec and file.lev

2) Save all your runs then only send besttime.rec and file.lev (all replays only ask for best players)

3) Save all your runs then send them with file.lev in a zip file to send

What seems better ? I think first one is the easiest for everybody...

PS : 4) I also could create a program to find your 10 best replays for a given level then compare times with the file.lev
then create a crypted file to use to upload your average ;o)

I don't think there is a rigth way to avoid cheater.
This tournament is only for fun, nothing to earn, no change in world ranking so no interest to cheat.
I am not worried about that.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

#1 ez best
Seize the day
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

that cup shows more the patience than the skills of the kuski, and that's not my interest, so this competition isn't for me... yet, I know the most non-lif0rz will perform the best in this tournament.
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

simon_labroue wrote:that cup shows more the patience than the skills of the kuski
Sometimes, it is no the skills but only chance ! With the average, it will not be chance but really player skills.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Coco wrote:
simon_labroue wrote:that cup shows more the patience than the skills of the kuski
Sometimes, it is no the skills but only chance ! With the average, it will not be chance but really player skills.
I have to disagree about that: I think it's more about the patience skill than about the overall skills.
When I was beginner, I had WarmUp filled up with only two different times (my best Minus my worst = 0,01)
but now, I have less patience and more skills, and my WarmUp difference is now like 0,1...

I'm telling you that if t0r is more lif0r than niN, the former will probably lose. it depends on the amount of time put on the level (the will to hoyl)
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

simon_labroue wrote:yet, I know the most non-lif0rz will perform the best in this tournament.
every cup is the same. how could a tournament differ from a wc05 for example? there's no way you're gonna set a good time without hoyling a lev till your max and if you call a cup a playground for nolifors then you have no idea what you're talking about. dont be so pesimist, it's all just for fun, if you dont feel like playing it then it's just up to you. ..like you have a chance to win a cup.. you could just take a part in it and enjoy the events
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

oh, nevermind: I didn't understand the concept correctly. I thought that the winner would be the one who has the most little difference between his best and his worst time, on a level. actually, Coco's idea sounds great.
(I guess I didn't read all Coco's post, (my mistake :? ))
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Coco wrote:1) Save only besttime.rec (for proof) then send besttime.rec and file.lev
2) Save all your runs then only send besttime.rec and file.lev (all replays only ask for best players)
perhaps #2 would be more suited.... what do you guys think?