remixes of battle levs

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kestas
Kuski

remixes of battle levs

Post by Kestas »

i want to know oppinions of ppl concerning the remixes of #battle levs. how do you think is it ok to have some reversed remixes of your old battle levs for ppl to battle? berh just said that he finds it "illegal" as i understood him and it seems he would rather have no level at all then playing an old track in reversed position. jaytea liked the idea... and what is your idea about it?

of course abusing it is a bad idea but making these once in a while is fun imo. it's a new lev and is the same remix as mixing kuskis or flower possitionings by making brand new styles like that and i dont see nothing wrong about it.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

i don't see anything wrong with it. berh is crazy.
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

I make remixes very often. I can't figure where the eproblem is :?.
belele
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

je ive made some, too. maybe you should ask if you`re not sure if the designer has copyrighted it.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I just find "reversing" or rather "mirroring" levels stupid, because it's just battling the same lev, and the only difference is your alovolt. I remember Markku objected to changing only position of apples in a level. I find it also stupid, bu let it be. But "mirroring" is awful for me.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

i find it illegal. because you didn't design it...it will add to your battle designer stats
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

jaksta wrote:i find it illegal. because you didn't design it...it will add to your battle designer stats
He isn't talking about remixing other's battles, but your own battles. Old ones but slightly changed.
belele
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

of course, why would i make remixes of not my own levels.. i'm just picking some of the old ones of mine (kos) and making them to come alive once again from time to time, tho from a different point of view

it's you who's stupid if you find it stupid i would rather say.
what's your oppinion on max internals lev pack then berh?
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

sometimes i design levels that have the same polygons on all of them, but i move the objects around to create very different play styles. i don't see that it's a bad thing because it's more like having merged multiple levels in one than playing one level multiple times.

like in BLP08 Inner Core and BLP09 Outer Core (in my levpack blp), the first level is inside a tunnel and another is playing on the top of it on the outside.

i also sometimes remake my old battle levels if i discover some really nice styles in them that weren't used back on the first time (like several years old levels).

i think the important thing is that there's something unique in the new level, that it's worth another go. you can compare it to doing an internal mod. if you just add a killer to headbanger pipe no-one would want to play the battle, but if you take one of the ground polygons, turn it upside down and reverse the ground and sky and move the start and end inside the middle polygon, might be no-one even notices it was originally headbanger.

my 2 cents :p