Yet another contest/ site from me! .... =P

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Yet another contest/ site from me! .... =P

Post by niN »

http://www.creapple.se

Okay so here's my final project (I think :roll: ), hopefully.
I'm pretty satisfied and this is the most advanced site I've done yet.

Okay so the goal iiis: There are target times on each level and if you manage to beat the target you get a certain amount of points. The goal is to collect as many points as possible. skint0r was first with this idea on his skintatious site. I just took it one step further.

I'd like to thank skint0r and phoenix for helping out with scripts and such. I'd also like to thank Rapptor for giving me ideas.

Link to the levelpack: nINpack

A short brief introduction to the site:
1. In able to upload records you need to register on the index page. It's quite simple and I'd be suprised if you haven't done this already.
2. Once you've registered you can log on with your nickname and password, then you can upload replay - files and submit records.
3. You can decide if you want to share your replay or not, this is totally up to you. Someday in the future I will add an option that enables you to share and unshare your old replays.
4. When you have uploaded your replay it will not be submited directly. First I need to accept it, which might take a couple of days.
5. The mission is to beat target times, please enjoy!

Thats all! please give me feedback and ideas. I'd love some cool ideas for some features. Use your imagination! Thanks in advance![/url]
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Looks like a fun site, might try out some levels tonight...
i'll try to give Orcc a few second places :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Some nice levels those new ones. I'll send some records soon maybe.

Feedback/ideas:

It's a little confusing with so much stuff on the page, but it's also nice not having to click on links all the time to go to different section, so dunno.

To make it a little more exciting maybe you could make an easy, medium and expert target on each level, so there's more to fight for.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Kopaka wrote:It's a little confusing with so much stuff on the page, but it's also nice not having to click on links all the time to go to different section, so dunno.
Yeah. I could move the statistics column to a separate page if that is wanted. Or maybe even the Help section. Some more ideas about this would be great :)
Kopaka wrote:To make it a little more exciting maybe you could make an easy, medium and expert target on each level, so there's more to fight for
Thats a great idea and I'll get to work when I get home from school :) Cheers!
The_Boneless wrote:Looks like a fun site, might try out some levels tonight...
i'll try to give Orcc a few second places
Thanks man, I hope you do :).
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

niN wrote:
The_Boneless wrote:Looks like a fun site, might try out some levels tonight...
i'll try to give Orcc a few second places
Thanks man, I hope you do :).
i'll upload a few times tonight (Canada time!)

EDIT : Forgot to mention that your levels are quite awesome... very fun to hoyl!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Okay I'll fix some things tonight. To do list:

1. Add records
2. Add one or two levels
3. Fix the layout a bit (i.e if you're logged on you wont see the help box, I'll also make the layout a bit more friendly)
4. Add more targets. 5 different targets per level - Easy, Normal, Medium, Hard, Expert.

So, I've been very busy these past few days so I'm sorry if I haven't updated.. Well, will do tonight :)
The_BoneLESS wrote:EDIT : Forgot to mention that your levels are quite awesome... very fun to hoyl!
Big thanks man :)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I need some help. I've said that in the target times list the one who gets the target first will be glued to the list, meaning that others wont be able to claim them points. Is this a good idea or a bad? Feedback would be great on this point. Cheers!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

niN wrote:I need some help. I've said that in the target times list the one who gets the target first will be glued to the list, meaning that others wont be able to claim them points. Is this a good idea or a bad? Feedback would be great on this point. Cheers!
i think that every player who reaches a target gets the points for it. Would be somehow annoying for someone to no get points, even if he has best time!

You reach a target, you get the points. My opinion.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
niN wrote:I need some help. I've said that in the target times list the one who gets the target first will be glued to the list, meaning that others wont be able to claim them points. Is this a good idea or a bad? Feedback would be great on this point. Cheers!
i think that every player who reaches a target gets the points for it. Would be somehow annoying for someone to no get points, even if he has best time!

You reach a target, you get the points. My opinion.
Here's a couple of suggestions:
1. You reach the target and get the points, But you don't end up in the target times list, you only get the extra points in the kinglist.

2. You reach the target, get a better time than the previous holder, and kick him off the list. He loses them points while you get them.

3. You reach the target, get a better time than the previous holder, and kick him off the list. Here though, he keeps the points and you get them aswell.

4. You get a time which is better than the previous player's target time, you both end up in the list (him on top of you since he submited it earlier), and you both get the points.

I personally like 4 best. Please post a suggestion!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

4 is good, 3 is also nice...

as long as every player get the points, i'm happy!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Finally! I worked all day and got it together. Please enjoy and share thoughts - http://www.creapple.se
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

one thing i find a bit weird, in level 3 (grav), my name is lower than Orcc but my time is better. I'm aware that we have same target but, it would look more normal if i was higher on the table... at first look, it seems Orcc has better time than me.

Just a thought! Nice new layout though!

EDIT : Another question... if i have already made better times on older levels (no title in level name), can i still upload on site or will you refuse those?

EDIT 2 : Where do i download the new old levels (1-8) again ? Can't see them anywhere...
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:one thing i find a bit weird, in level 3 (grav), my name is lower than Orcc but my time is better. I'm aware that we have same target but, it would look more normal if i was higher on the table... at first look, it seems Orcc has better time than me.
Well, I go by number 4 in one of my previous posts. He who uploaded the record first gets to be placed on top. After all, the goal is to beat target times :). However, if people dont like this idea then I'll change, what do you think?
The_BoneLESS wrote: EDIT : Another question... if i have already made better times on older levels (no title in level name), can i still upload on site or will you refuse those?
It's okay, you can upload them records since I have the old levels aswell :).
The_BoneLESS wrote: EDIT 2 : Where do i download the new old levels (1-8) again ? Can't see them anywhere...
Omg, you're right. I've forgotten to add a download page. It's kinda late now and I'll be gone on monday so here's a link to the levelpack
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I added a download page to the site. I also made some targets easier and extended the amount of points you get for hardest targets from 50 to 70.

Thanks to Coco for submitting records!
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

lev 11, 12 & 13 not downloadable...
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Coco wrote:lev 11, 12 & 13 not downloadable...
Thanks man, fixed teh.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

sent in a couple of replays...

i'm really starting to like those levels! There's some oldschool feel and different types of levels... real cool!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:sent in a couple of replays...

i'm really starting to like those levels! There's some oldschool feel and different types of levels... real cool!
Hehe, I'm thrilled you think so man :D And thanks for them replays, I'll update tonight.

I've only got one more essay I need to finish today in school so hopefully I'll be homoworkfree by tonight and major update then :)
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

I think lev 11 target is too easy : I fail to have 70 points playing only 5 minutes... Even if I am not a good player, 2 or 3 seconds under for each target would be better :)

For lev 4, I think, targets are too had.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Coco wrote:I think lev 11 target is too easy : I fail to have 70 points playing only 5 minutes... Even if I am not a good player, 2 or 3 seconds under for each target would be better :)

For lev 4, I think, targets are too had.
Agree with both :P Unfortunately I alreasy set the target for 11 and If I'd change them ppl might be a bit upset because they'll lose points :P.

As for level 4 the hardest target is "dying" this means that it will get easier within one week.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The site will be updated when I have time. Sorry for inactivity, but I've been quite busy lately. Promise to update this weekend though :) Will add plenty of cool shit too then.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

niN wrote:The site will be updated when I have time. Sorry for inactivity, but I've been quite busy lately. Promise to update this weekend though :) Will add plenty of cool shit too then.
and i'll try to make a few recs by then...
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

******************** It's updated! ********************

It took me long enough, but I took the liberty to automaticise a few things (so far the downloads page is automaticised, it works without my assistance)

I added some icons and some other new graphics features.

Things to do someday in the future:

§ Add a battle feature (you should be able to start battles on the nINlevs)
§ stats related to teh ^ (automatically updating stats)
§ Automaticise the targets
§ Automaticise the stats
§ more user options
§ coming updates (dont ask me to explain, cant do teh :P)

Any thoughts or ideas?
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

my ranks are wrong on lev 6 & 12 and I sent better times (on 11, now, I have 70)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Coco wrote:my ranks are wrong on lev 6 & 12 and I sent better times (on 11, now, I have 70)
Do you mean that I've got your times wrong? Could you upload your replays again please, I messed up yesterday. Sorry man.

This wont happen as soon as I've automaticised the system :P
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

My "current" ranks are wrong on lev 6 (29:78 and target is 29:00 instead on 31:00) and lev 12 (30:79 and target is 29:00 instead on 31:00)

I will resend all my improved times soon.

And, if i forgot it, I want all my replays shared because nothing secret into my styles (i'm a noob).
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Coco wrote:My "current" ranks are wrong on lev 6 (29:78 and target is 29:00 instead on 31:00) and lev 12 (30:79 and target is 29:00 instead on 31:00)

And, if i forgot it, I want all my replays shared because nothing secret into my styles (i'm a noob).
I'm sorry coco, but I dont see any bugs in the target times list. Your time for level six (00:29,78) matches the target (00:29,00) since the easier target is 00:31,00. And the same on level 12.

Your shared replays must be reshared, reupload them and reshare them and they'll be added to the list :P
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

niN wrote:
Coco wrote:My "current" ranks are wrong on lev 6 (29:78 and target is 29:00 instead on 31:00) and lev 12 (30:79 and target is 29:00 instead on 31:00)

I'm sorry coco, but I dont see any bugs in the target times list. Your time for level six (00:29,78) matches the target (00:29,00) since the easier target is 00:31,00. And the same on level 12.

Your shared replays must be reshared, reupload them and reshare them and they'll be added to the list :P
I don't get this...

to claim a target, you have to have beaten the target time... no ?!

Example :

Level 6 :
I have 26.44 and i am at target 27.00 (I am under the target time)
Coco has 29.78 and he's at target 29.00 ( He is over the target time)

doesn't make much sense to me.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
niN wrote:

I don't get this...

to claim a target, you have to have beaten the target time... no ?!

Example :

Level 6 :
I have 26.44 and i am at target 27.00 (I am under the target time)
Coco has 29.78 and he's at target 29.00 ( He is over the target time)

doesn't make much sense to me.
omg, you're so right.... I dont know why I made that mistake :S
Sorry guys, will fix immediately!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I need some feedback:

I was thinking of making the uploading of times automatic - so that you can upload a replay and the times will appear on respective level. However, there are some disadvantages with this:

§ I wont be able to use the target times system anymore due to lack of php knowledge. Instead the site will look a bit more like the skintatious site with normal recordtables.
§ The system will be easier to hack - one might cheat easier. However, I will download all the replays and watch them within even pauses, so in the long run there wont be any difference.
§ The stats page will be down until I've figured out how to do it properly. And some statistics (like rankings etc) will be too hard for me to do, so they will be taken away from the stats page.

However, there are quite a few advantages in systemising the site in such a way:

§ More people will submit records and the competition will be better. This will contribute with making the site more fun.
§ It will make my job easier, and I will focus on making the site better. Instead of spending hours updating the recordtables, I might add two cool features.
§ There is no (or at least very little) chance of bugs appearing. When I update by hand, I might easy press 2 instead of 1, but if the system is automatic there's no chance of this happening.

I personally think that it's better to do it, it will make my job way easier and much more fun. So basically, I just want to know what you think. I could easily do it with some work (might take a few days, or even a week though) so that's not a problem.

Please post your thoughts here!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

automatic systems are always nice but, if you store all players and records in a database, statistics are very easy to do with good SQL and PHP.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:automatic systems are always nice but, if you store all players and records in a database, statistics are very easy to do with good SQL and PHP.
Yeah, I guess I could find a way to do it. I am storing it all in databases aamof*, so it's not impsy.

*as a matter of fact