a good flag tag level

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

a good flag tag level

Post by Antz »

flagtagging isn't must discussed anywhere. i kinda think it's a shame, because in a well-made lev with a friend flag tag can be a lot of fun. therefore i started this topic. it'd be nice if you put ur own ideas and feelings here so that together we could make a better future for the flag taggers! i've listed there some things that i find important in a flagtag level.

important things in flagtag lev:
-u must be able to get back 'up' (=a route (preferably 2+) to starting point, or some other high area)
-no dead-ends. always make an escape route.
-adding 50 apples all around the level adds another game in it. who collects most apples?
-enough small platforms with good access to other platforms
-fairly fast routes to further-away areas are nice, or other player can just sit and wait with flag.
-2 fairly equally skilled kuskis.
-lev should be fairly easy, and complex

i think curvaceous[38] is probably the best level for flagtag, unless u decide to make a new one urself. with a bit of modifying tunnel terror[9] and hangman[21] can also be quite nice (i had mods of them both but i haven't been able to find them =(. )
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

and
= no killers or grav apples
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Soul
Kuski

Post by Soul »

Sure, those are nice Abula, but we need more. I agree with ANtz that there arent enuff Flag Tag Levesls, and most of them Are Symetrical, i dunno why that should be...It isnt the point that everyone has his own Route.
And No Killers is an Absolute thing, because it gets the Game Stuck for the player who gets in it :)
A good and fair start is also very important. If ya do a start on were ya can only go 1 way and ya start on the ground, 1 player will always have the Flag for that moment. I suggest making Drops wich end in Or a triangle or somekind of Hang-Place. Like in one of the MopoSite Levels (i beleive BarTek) there is such a start. Its more impredictable to think in whut the "enemy" would do.
Ill try Making a Flag Tag level as soon as i get my LoM December FInished Antz :D
_Soul_
"Where realitys Violence embraces my Silence"
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

yep killers are a big no. i made this one level some time ago. it could be much better, but u get the picture of what i mean.

start has a big role in flag tag levels, because u can always get there in a millisecond, and it can be nicely used tactically. the start box is good to be on ground to get the most advantage of it for both players. the one trying to get the flag always has slight advantage compared to flagholder.

btw the smooth picless lgr file also lacks the flags seen on bikes. with that lgr flagtag is , not impossible, but harder. (u have to look at clock to c who has flag..)

note, if link don't work click right and copy shortcut. then paste on address bar.
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Flag tag? Yes please!

Post by Chris Penrose »

I love flag tags also, though I don't get to play it much as none of my friends like elma.
I was going to make some flag tag levels when I read this topic but then realised I already have some from about a year ago.
Here's one: http://www.angelfire.com/comics/baconbu ... risft1.lev
If you like that one i'll put the rest up. (I think there are 8 more)
Watch the birdy...
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

that lev is quite nice i think. i'd prefer a bit larger levels though.