IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by 8-ball »

Crash (2004) - 9/10 - very nice, even want to watch it again `=)
Closer (2004) - 7/10 - better than I expected
What the #$*! Do We (K)now!? (2004) - 5/10 - entertaining but completely bollocks
Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (2005) - 1/10 - waste of time
39:37,91
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

American Beauty - 8/10
Crank - 7/10
Half Baked - 7/10
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas 8/10

Interesting movie. Very different. Makes me want to and not want to use drugs.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Die Fälscher (2007) - 9/10
Hart's War (2002) - 8/10
Valkyrie (2008) - 12.4/10

i love ww2 movies :)
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Adventureland - 8/10
Really nice movie!
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Hm, I was thinking of something. I wonder if Inglourious Basterds will have any nominations in the upcoming Academy Awards. It's obviously a very good and popular movie but I was wondering if it might be too controversial or not artsy enough. What do you think?

Watched King Kong extended version yesterday, 3h 20m long. My rating of 8/10 still stands although I find Naomi Watts not a very good actress (or am I missing something?). Looked great on bluray, the movie that is, Naomi is not my cup of tea. :p
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Labor Pains (2009) 6/10
Observe and Report (2009) 4/10
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009) 6/10
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

There is two series I'm watching now.

Harper's island: 9/10
The Mentalist: 9/10

Very nice series! Harper's island is like BoB mini series, got only 13 episodes. Only 2 episodes to watch anymore ;s

And watched few movies too.

Ralliraita (2009): 5/10
Drag me to Hell (2009): 6/10
Spun (2002): 3/10
How to Lose Friends & Alienate People (2008): 7/10
V for Vendetta (2005): 10/10
The Bank Job (2008): 9/10
Seize the day
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Raven wrote: Harper's island: 9/10
Randomly watched like episode 5 through 7, and I must say it seemed pretty nice. Guess I should download it sometime.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Igge wrote:
Raven wrote: Harper's island: 9/10
Randomly watched like episode 5 through 7, and I must say it seemed pretty nice. Guess I should download it sometime.
I will try teh too :O
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Män som hatar kvinnor - 9/10
Being very generous, but still 8/10 without hesitating. It was a nice swedish thriller (:o) which despite its length of 153 mins never became boring or slow. Swedish allstar-cast. Nice. Now I'm all set to see the sequel on cinema tomorrow.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

John wrote:Män som hatar kvinnor - 9/10
Being very generous, but still 8/10 without hesitating. It was a nice swedish thriller (:o) which despite its length of 153 mins never became boring or slow. Swedish allstar-cast. Nice. Now I'm all set to see the sequel on cinema tomorrow.
I read some papers that think the sequel ain't too good compared to the old one :OO
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

I watched last episodes of Harper's island few days ago. End was little bit dissapointment (in my opinion). Was about to change 9/10 to 10/10 before last episode, but no. Strong 9 still. I recommend.
Seize the day
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

i saw 2nd episode today =D getting hooked i think ;P ill try to keep it on 1 episode a day.. as a treat xD
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Hehe i watched it maybe in 5 days or so and after last episode when i went to sleep, i just laid in bed and realized "wtf, i've been laying for 2 hours and just thinking of the HE". Saw dreams of it too :lol: :)

I could watch those episodes maybe again cos now i know the 'killer' 8D
Seize the day
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Flickan som lekte med elden - 5/10
Bläh, only half as good as Män som hatar kvinnor. Disappointed. Format was 1.85:1 compared to 2.35:1 in Män som hatar kvinnor, and this didn't have DTS-sound either. Just everything was worse.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Up (2009): 7/10

This movie was actually quite good, everything they actually did with the movie was flawless, funny characters, good villain, attention to detail and a good amount of accurate emotion to it. the first 10 minutes of the movie was very good, Really heartfelt. However good the movie was, i still felt it was missing something -> the plotline was good, but not great, the characters were strong but only 4 of them were developed at all. Ellie for instance, could have been so great even during the sad scene during the beginning.

Also i felt that too much of it was a little off-balanced. For instance, the protagonists childhood hero is ~20 years older than him, though 70 years later, he looks about 50, while the protagonist is 78.

Russell was priceless.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) 6/10 Amy Adams were awesome as always <3
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

OMG.............GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

raven you should know what I mean =/
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Camille (2007) 9/10

Away We Go (2009) 7/10
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Once upon a forest (1993) : 9/10
An animation movie with a simple story: a young mouse, mole and hedgehog risk their lives to find a cure for their badger friend, who's been poisoned by men. But behind its simple and innocent facade lies a beautiful tale of friendship, adventure and hope. Some people said the movie to be too preachy but i think they misunderstood preachy from good values. Whatever the case being, this movie is beautiful.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Silent Running (1972) - 5/10
A quite different scifi-movie about 4 guys on a spaceship, near Saturn, with large domes of Earth's last plantlife attached. The viewer is thrown into the plot really fast (the movie is just 1h 25m) and without much explanation the ship is given an order to jettison and blow the domes up (like wtf?!). Botanist Lowell onboard has been working on this project for 8 years and can't discard something as important to him as the domes and from there on he does what he can to save them.

Not a bad movie but it's not that good either. It had too few answers. I wouldn't be surprised if this feature acted as inspiration to Wall-E tho, might be worth a watch to see what I mean.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

The Proposal (2009) 7/10
Prison Break: The Final Break (2009) 8/10
17 Again (2009) 7/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Deep Impact - 6/10
I'm a spacejunkie and thought I could give this movie a try although I didn't have my hopes up for it being very good. Well, it wasn't that good to be honest, nor was it bad, it was just an average movie with a couple of flaws here and there. Morgan Freeman was as believable as he usually is, great actor imo. Téa Leoni I found to be quite weak, she has this monotonous voice which makes it sound like she's just delivering line after line without much effort put in. These performances even out to an average rating of "OK" which suits pretty well for the entire cast too. Interesting concept and better executed than Armageddon if you ask me. A fair comparison since both movies are from 1998 (same level of CGI available) and have almost identical plots (wellknown phenomenon in Hollywood). It could have been even better if it would have been more realistic and if it didn't have such a typical Hollywood-ending.

A weak 6.

I laughed at the people running away from the 500m high wave in New York... glhf with surviving that
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

The Da Vinci Code

Cheesy triller.. I had it all figured out after maybe 30 mins.. was ok movie.. but not more than that.

6/10
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The movie sucks, mjesh.

Gake no ue no Ponyo - 8/10.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Slumdog Millionaire 8/10
Good Movie, i can see how it would deserve a 10/10, however i was too tired and too engrossed with feeling up my girlfriend to pay much attention to the actual movie, and to identify with the characters. I won't spoil the plot, but it has a predictable hollywood ending for us all :P

Role Models 9/10

Very funny movie, natural humour and some boobies as well. Great! also the acting was good. Ronnie ftw.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Xiphias wrote:OMG.............GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

raven you should know what I mean =/
:(((((
Seize the day
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

The Usual Suspects: 8/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Boomer wrote:The Usual Suspects: 8/10
8!?.. ah come on :O clearly better than a 8 =/
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Xiphias wrote:
Boomer wrote:The Usual Suspects: 8/10
8!?.. ah come on :O clearly better than a 8 =/
Well, if I had wrote 6 instead of 8, then I would understand you. But 8 is a very good grade. The Usual Suspects is a great film indeed but I really don't think it deserves 9 or 10/10.
Team LOS website

-
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

"Breaking Bad" (2008) - 8/10
A drama about a high school chemistry teacher who's suffering from the world's worst case of mid-life crisis and becomes a criminal.
Well, i was expecting a lot when I saw that this series has 9.0 on IMDb. I downloaded the whole first season - which has only 7 episodes (pilot episode about 60 mins, the others about 45 mins) - and was a bit dissapointed. I mean it was not bad, really entertaining, but I couldn't understand how a 9.0 is possible. Then I watched the other 4 episodes and they were much better in my opinion. You get more into the characters and it's more thrilling and funnier too. The central character, acted by Bryan Cranston, is some kind of chemistry-MacGyver. After the last episode I changed my voting to 8 and at the moment I'm downloading the second seaon which has 13 episodes. :)
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! - 7/10
I can totally understand why Tarantino is going to do a remake of this one, the original is just screaming Tarantino alone. It's a badass film about 3 go-go dancers/strippers with femme fatale Varla (although I can't recall her name ever being said in the movie) in the lead. At daytime they drive around in their sports cars looking for kicks. During a stop at a small town gas station they hear a story about a man who apparently got a large sum of money from the insurance company after being injured in a railroad accident. They decide to try get a hold of the money so they make up a cover-story and head over to the man's home, a ranch out in nowhere. With them is a kidnapped girl from todays adventures.

Acting is non-existent and lines are delivered very forced but that fact just help increase this movie's cultstatus. It's a coal movie by B-movies measure.

EDIT: Seeing this old and not so famous movie and actually liking it made me want more, so I looked up a few more movies I might see soon:

Suspiria (1977)
The Straight Story (1999)
Il portiere di notte (1974)
The Great Escape (1963)
The Dawn Patrol (1938)
Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
Fixed Bayonets! (1951)
The Wanderers (1979)
The Ballad of Cable Hogue (1970)
Raising Arizona (1987)
The Wild Bunch (1969)
Time Bandits (1981)
Clerks. (1994)
Airplane! (1980)
The Getaway (1972)

Good ones?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Clerks is awesome, dialogues are quite clever and funny at the same time. Don't watch the second one though, it really is nowhere as good as the first one.

Airplane! is pretty damn funny. Lots of stupid jokes but incredibly effective. The black dudes speaking jive is very good too.

I was also planning to see The Wild Bunch so i'm waiting on you for this one!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

Breaking Bad Season 2 is a good watch.

i've watched a fair few movies since last post, but cant be bothered really.
mcleod
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

The Great Escape with Steve Mcqueen I think it was is really awesome. I've seen it several times and it is just as good each time. =) Definitely a good watch.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

The Straight Story (1999) - its David Lynch, ok???
The Great Escape (1963) - max movie
Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - come on!
Raising Arizona (1987) - early Coen, is okay.
The Wild Bunch (1969) - Old Cowboys, nothing can go wrong.
Clerks. (1994) - yes!

Okay, my vote:

Knowing (2009) 1/10

WARNING! SPOILERS! ADULT LANGUAGE!

This movie is the worst piece of shit I have seen in a long time. Nicholas Cage is a good actor, but definately not in this one. You don´t believe the alcoholic widower (?) for just one single second. The time capsule is sealed by a cheap manhole that can be taken out so easily? What the fuck!? The little boy is just a smart asshole, oh how I hated him. And whats with all those black stones? It is funny if you imagine them being big chunks of hash but I guess that wasn´t the intention of the filmmakers. I wont talk about the plot because it was like a man having a shit on a toilet and suddenly he also starts puking. The absolutely worst crap are the special effects. WHO THE FUCK said that there were brilliant special effects??? I watched the blu ray and even Independence Day has better effects. And now the boldest thing ever: CGI FLAMES!!! In the scene where Mr. Idiot is trying to look shocked while helping people out of the plane wreck (who could possibly survive a crash like that?) you can clearly see computer generated flames right next to him. Why are you fucking with the audience like that? The flames look like shit and old Nikkys performance looks like he is watering flowers in the garden - just because of financial or safety reasons (or because they thought they were able to make real flames with cgi) there were no real flames on the set!! If the future of cinema is like that - count me out.

The thing that actually bothers me most is that I watched the movie. Ok, I was outvoted in the rental shop but whatever. The film doesn´t have to be any good if you just make enough promotion.

Urgh, I created a monster, thanks for reading.

- angry insguy
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas: 6/10
another ww2 movie, but not a true story, so i lowered the score. quite good nonetheless
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Had to start watching Knowing after reading insguys post... i regret. live feed updates.

HERE BE SPOILERS ALSO

wnb epic and mysterious but fail :DDDDDDD
mr. cages performance is oscar-worthy compared to the unbelievably crappy and annoying child actors
and why the fuck did he write all the numbers down on a wipe board when he could have used something much better, like NOTEPAD for example?
the old teacher was fucking awful, and her voice seemed dubbed
ROFL PLANECRASH AND CGI FLAMES :D:D:DD megalol at the whole scene and flaming people and asd
now watching the time and WTF ONLY 45 MINUTES HAVE PASSED I HOPED IT WAS GOING TO END SOON, BUT NO NO NO 1,5H LEFT ASD
lol at the burning animals :D
megarofl at the subway accident also 8D
LOL, "i know some caves, let's ez avoid the end of the world by hiding there"
Diana seemed like a reasonable character, but no, he had do go FUCKING NUTS WHINASS BITCH.
AND WHY DID THEY SUDDENLY GO RAGE YELLING IN THE PHONE LIKE MANIACS

THE END. FINALLY. The end of all was actually cool-ish, but the kids in some alien planet... why the fuck did they put that there.

We'll, no number here. Just read don't watch the film.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I thought Knowing was a good movie.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

2 out of 2 people found the following comment useful.
Enjoyed every minute of this movie!, 26 September 2009
9/10
Author: sammullis from United States

Enjoyed every minute of this movie, I was on the edge of my seat for the last 20 minutes.

I find it strange that I would find so many comments that include the words "Impossible", "Religious", and "unbelievable" in reviews for a Scifi movie. If you apply the logic these people are using for rating this movie so low you would have to give Close encounters of the third kind, The Da Vinci code, and E.T. the same low rating. I would have to assume that these people saw the preview before walking into the movie, in that case why would they be surprised to find that it was not a documentary. Put yourself in the right mindset and enjoy a great Scifi movie.
Seems like someone disagrees :)
:mrhat:
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Inglorious Bastards (1978) - 8/10
I loved Tarantinos version Inglourious Basterds and have ever since I saw his version been curious about the original movie to see what he got his inspiration from. Despite the almost identical names they differ quite a lot plot-wise. What they have in common is the setting and timeperiod, as well as the protagonists being a small group of american soldiers. In this movie we get to follow a bunch of deserters, murderers and other war criminals headed of to prison for their crimes. On the way there the military column is attacked by german aircrafts and a couple of prisoners manage to escape. They believe their best chance for survival is to head for the border of neutral Switzerland 160 miles away, but it turns out it won't be that easy.

I probably shouldn't compare the original to the remake but instead do it the other way around. Anyway, the original is just like the remake, a great mix of Action | Adventure | Comedy | Drama | War (copied from IMDb :o ). I got a few laughs out of it, just like I got from Tarantino's. The dialogue and the story itself is pretty witty and the characters is of a wide variety of strong personalities. Acting is decent. Watch it if you're looking for an entertaining movie set during WWII rather than a complete warmovie alone.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

John wrote:It's a badass film about 3 go-go dancers/strippers with femme fatale Varla (although I can't recall her name ever being said in the movie) in the lead.
Actually, her name was mentioned at least five times in the movie. In case you might wonder where exactly, then I can tell you it's in the 7th, 21st, 24th, 27th and in 55th minute. :P

Anyway, "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" -> 6/10

And of course you should watch "Once Upon a Time in the West" but I think there's no surprise to hear that from me.
Team LOS website

-
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Boomer wrote:
John wrote:It's a badass film about 3 go-go dancers/strippers with femme fatale Varla (although I can't recall her name ever being said in the movie) in the lead.
Actually, her name was mentioned at least five times in the movie. In case you might wonder where exactly, then I can tell you it's in the 7th, 21st, 24th, 27th and in 55th minute. :P

Anyway, "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" -> 6/10

And of course you should watch "Once Upon a Time in the West" but I think there's no surprise to hear that from me.
se på fan!
duno how that could have slipped me by, too much cleavages maybe ;D
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Surrogates: 7/10

Dunno what to say, tbh didn't seem like it was worth watching, it had an ok plotline, ok characters and there wasn't a pimply actor in sight, but i still went through the measly 88 minute running time without noticing the movie was playing (OK, maybe that was due to the fact i spent 50% of that making out with my girlfriend, but shaddap :P)

TBH, without Bruce Willis, this movie would be B Grade, it was hard to follow, and one particular character kept fucking changing -> not good when she was one of two main characters, and became 3-4 different people.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

The Silence of the Lambs (1991): 6/10

"Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Brilliant. Cunning. Psychotic. In his mind lies the clue to a ruthless killer. - Clarice Starling, FBI. Brilliant. Vulnerable. Alone. She must trust him to stop the killer."

Was expecting much more :|

IMDb top 250: #24
Seize the day
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Surrogates - 5/10
Didn't expect much, didn't get much.
John
first 35tt