Back here?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Back here?

Post by Polarix »

So I have been away from the scene a long time because of wow and PS3. I have been trying the IRL-Game the last month or two, but i do suck very hard at it, i can't actually do anything. Like, go out of the house, wtf am i supposed to do outside? It's nothing. Well i have been across some other forums and sites to try something new, but I see that the only place i belong on the net, is here, because this place make me laugh and i know who people are because it isnt that many of us(which is a good thing). Too bad thouh, i am getting ignored here aswell, just like every other place.

WEll life goes on doesnt it. Did i got up any point with the topic...? no i guess, well whatever, I've made like 3 Topics before. Why can't I do some unnessesary sometimes?

Well fuck it, no one is gonna read this anyway...

Maybe I belong nowhere.
Polarix
Kuski

Re: Back here?

Post by Polarix »

Why the fuck Did that guy show me World of warcraft....Back then, which is like 2/3 years ago, i was JUST playing elma, i had just played a year and i thought i did great progress. It was like how you guys are...

With once i started WOW everything else didnt matter anymore, this happend very quick, and it lasted 2 years. 2 years and look where i am now. Well im not exactly where i should be I can tell you! I have nothing now, just fucking fucked up everything. No fucking skills in elma either. Godamn it! I have no skill at anything anymore. That is not how it should be!

Maybe I should continue the only sport i became much better than anyone (because no one else was doing it or even knew it existed) Yeah i am talking about (Scooter/kickbike tricking) Maybe i can make some amatør(orka write in english) movies and post them on youtube, well its a start.

I would be fucking flabbergasted if 7 persons commented this topic, it would be like "woow finaly"
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

seems you have some identity problem :?

Stop WoW, I think it's the best thing you could do. You'll then see what you can do of your life :)
:mrhat:
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Interesting read really. Welcome back polarix.
I agree with your view on things getting boring. I play Elma on and off for short/long periods but lately these periods are becoming shorter and vastly dispersed. It may be because of Belma becoming shit-faced by all the noobs or just the routine-based battling, I don't know.

You should find yourself some hobby. Definitely! Your Scooter/kickbike tricking sounds awesome. If you somehow find it boring soon either just keep going till you're really good at it and can enjoy it fully! Or maybe find something new, epic, crazy, stupid thing to do. =)
I went on playing music even though I didn't like it That much in the beginning. At first it took me like six years before I could enjoy it at all. Well that's a long time ago. I started on drums and after about 8-10 years of playing I stopped. BAM! I changed to the piano. BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM! Now I only play the piano and I play quite much. =) Last night I played at a local bar (tuesday jazz-night) with a Jazz band I'm in. I'm just saying. It's great. It's awesome! It's fucking fantastic!
It even stops me from playing too much Elma! :D

GO POLARIX
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Hey polarix, About the elma community I completely agree with you! It's so nice to know who everybody is and all that, it's a very personal community and I love it! Having said that, losing a member of it gets very sad - for me at least - because you get a very good connection with everybody. So I hope you are here to stay. If not dedicate your life to it (which I don't think you should) then at least know that this is a great community and a great place to relax with some buddies.

I also think you should quit WoW. I've never played it myself, but when you're standing on the outside looking in, it looks like you should stop playing it.

You need to find an irl hobby I think. A hobby which will really stick and which you are willing to spend hours on every day (because that's what's necessary). It's never too late to get better, remember that!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

niN wrote:You need to find an irl hobby I think. A hobby which will really stick and which you are willing to spend hours on every day (because that's what's necessary). It's never too late to get better, remember that!
IRL hobby. To define an IRL hobby we must first define a non-IRL hobby. A non-IRL hobby would be for example elma, as it is played on a computer. In fact, anything involving a computer is considered a non-IRL hobby. But what other major differences are there? The social aspect, perhaps? Is it true that if you have an IRL hobby you will become more social, as you are not stuck in front of a computer? Perhaps - let's see.

Let's compare a non-IRL hobby, say elma, to an IRL hobby.. Let's go with carving. What's the difference between elma and carving, as far as hobbies go? Well with carving you're not tied down to a computer, however you are tied down to a place where you have access to wood. So both hobbies have limits. Also, neither of the hobbies have a social aspect other than forums etc. Sure, you can carve with your friends out in the open, but you can do so with elma as well. So are there any other differences between the two hobbies? Judging by what niN said there must be, since he distinctively suggests there is a difference between an IRL hobby and a non-IRL one. So what does carving give you that elma doesn't?

Perhaps IRL hobbies are more physical and "healthy", since people who spend their time at non-IRL hobbies are often considered unhealthy, and are occasionally even overweight. So, are IRL hobbies more healthy? Let's compare elma to carving again, or perhaps painting, whatever. (right now I lost interest in this) Any differences? No, not really. So fuck this. What I wanted to say is there's no difference between IRL and non-IRL hobbies. Or perhaps you, niN, would like to enlighten me?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Polarix, you need a hobby indeed. Maybe something creative? Make something from scratch - a drawing, a website, a movie...
Ask if any of your pals want to join, "Delad glädje är dubbel glädje" you know :)

Or you could go on a trip. I don't know how old you are and if you still live at home or sach, but go somewhere your personal economy allows. Norwegian are handing out flights for free (almost).

Other fun hobbies you could try: BMX or biketrials ;o
Since you're already familiar with doing tricks on kickbikes. BMX's are cheap so ez check out how far your nearest skatepark is.

Disconnect gamingcomp and PS3 and stay away from them cold turkey. You will find something else to do.
GLHF
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Igge you are merely critizising my way of phrasing. I agree I shouldn't have used irl hobby, but don't we all know what I meant?
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

imo IRL-hobby is anything not videogame-related. Like, elma is not IRL-hobby, but programming is. But sure, playing a videogame is a hobby, though it is, at a certain point, dangerous for your mental, physical and social health.
:mrhat:
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Interesting read.

Pola - do not criticize yourself so much. While you can think "i'm wasting away my life on WoW" and stuff, so long as you enjoy it, it's not wasted. Better to enjoy yourself playing wow than enjoy yourself getting smashed, getting into a bar brawl and wasting $15000 Gambling.

The PS3 thing is actually somewhat healthier than you'd think. It encourages a certain "Accomplishing" state of mind - for instance, trophies. You'll set yourself a goal and stick to it until the end, a useful skill in real life.

The problem i'm faced with is that looking to the future, i don't want to go into a job/career and be surrounded by nameless co-workers that all conform to the same regulations and endeavour to do their work and nothing else. I want to be in a position where i know every person i work with quite well, know their likes, their hates and so on. I can say that about a place like Lauta - everyone here is a friend.

About your elma-skills diminishing - don't worry. I've always found that if you take a break from something and come back, once you get back into your rhythm you'll be fine, even somewhat BETTER.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Whoa, i had almost the same problem as you.

I was playing elma for few years (but i wasnt into community, coz, well, i was 12-15 yo or smth) and then a friend showed me WoW. I stucked with WoW for almost 3 years and I was raiding almost every day in a week (sometimes 6/7, sometimes less)(we, as a guild, had few "server first kills", so it was pretty seriuos :) ). My social life went to shits. Impsy to get gf or some other friends... When i look in the past i am SO happy our guild felt apart. I came back to elma, coz i NEED to relax with games :) (thx to belma), i play not so often and i started to take school seriously (im at university, its kinda hard, but i believe i'll finish it). I even have nice girlfriend now :))

It all about preferences. Focus hard on things you REALLY want to have in your life, and they, if you are a bit lucky, eventualy come.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

heah, even without watching TV, listening to radio, playing elma (play like one evening a month), and drinking plenty of beer and going out all I get is filthy and old. Most girls are nolifes themselves, just different than boys are. Try to connect to this: watching gillmore girls, any idol show, mtv, chatting, or spend a whole night with girls watching youtube clips. You'll score.

What I would like is someone genouinely lifely. Someone who really isn't addicted to mass-media and has a proper way of living - someone I can learn from.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Well, happy for replays.
I wrote this because i was both depressed and Hyper at one time, then i get very open, which may get a bit embaresing sometimes. Well well....

I did not say that i already quitet WoW for around 5 months ago and have not looked back. But what have i done after that:
I said something about PS3: Well, PS3 is what i have done. Playing all my games and get 100% takes years even thou I should play 8 hours a day active all the way.

Xiph: Well, takes some time. I would choose bass if i could choose freely. But I have never played instruments before.
John wrote:Polarix, you need a hobby indeed. Maybe something creative? Make something from scratch - a drawing, a website, a movie...
Ask if any of your pals want to join, "Delad glädje är dubbel glädje" you know :)

Or you could go on a trip. I don't know how old you are and if you still live at home or sach, but go somewhere your personal economy allows. Norwegian are handing out flights for free (almost).
I have only one irl-friend
20 years, still lives home.....
and 350 000 NOK on bank, yes i can travel, but where and its no fun travel alone either. I might check it out thou.

Buttah, i have lots of ideas thought, i will talk about that after my trade examination, which i am doing right now.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I could use some of that money xD
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

I spend money on PS3 games and some food and snack ones in a while, and living home, and working away for 20 months.

I want more though.