IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

SveinR
Moporator

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by SveinR »

infected wrote:feels the same with all 3D movies released now, they rush to release a movie in 3D just to earn some bucks in the cinemas. dont care to much about the plot or story becouse they know either way people are gonna see it becouse 3D is new and exciting. well still i know that Clash of the Titans is a crap movie, but hey. i still wanna see it!!! guess im one of those morons that still thinks some crap action with some semi-good (or well made?) fighting scenes in 3D is still new and exciting!
Well, Clash of the Titans wasn't even actually made in 3D, they just added 3D to it right before the release because of the success of other 3D movies. I haven't seen the movie, but according to all reviews I've read, the 3D accordingly sucks compared to movies where they've focused on 3D during the production.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Sin City 10/10
What can I say? I loved it! The comic book style was fucking awesome. Even without all the good actors which were in it the movie would have been great imo!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

SveinR wrote:
infected wrote:feels the same with all 3D movies released now, they rush to release a movie in 3D just to earn some bucks in the cinemas. dont care to much about the plot or story becouse they know either way people are gonna see it becouse 3D is new and exciting. well still i know that Clash of the Titans is a crap movie, but hey. i still wanna see it!!! guess im one of those morons that still thinks some crap action with some semi-good (or well made?) fighting scenes in 3D is still new and exciting!
Well, Clash of the Titans wasn't even actually made in 3D, they just added 3D to it right before the release because of the success of other 3D movies. I haven't seen the movie, but according to all reviews I've read, the 3D accordingly sucks compared to movies where they've focused on 3D during the production.

conversely, many critics are saying the best part about the movie is the 3D. Guess that really say's something about the movie.

Anyways:

Kick Ass: 9/10

Really great movie. Story is nice, Characters are good, but the real success of this movie is in the implementation. It's just serious enough that you can indeed believe it, but it plays around with modern styles of movie making and Hollywood and takes the piss. Countless funny/memorable lines. Nearly EVERY single character was funny and well-played

The action was quite amazing, there are several action scenes and all provide different kinds of pain for us to enjoy, there's even one part that's a homage to videogame shooters. while certain action parts teeter on the edge of believable but it still works. Surprisingly, a movie that's so comedic and ridiculous utterly blows similar movies out of the water in one thing: The serious parts work, several times in the movie i found myself on the verge of tearing up in extraordinary inspiration or heartbreak scenes.

Standout Actor is easy: Chloë Grace Moretz for an outstanding performance, she really made this movie and literally had me wishing that she had more screentime, more action scenes and all in all, a movie just for her (and maybe Nicolas Cage) - She, along with Saoirse Ronan in "The lovely bones" have restored my faith in child actors actually being able to hold a role without becoming overly annoying. Nicolas Cage, also, was very good, reminding me of the other character from "The lovely bones" played by Stanley Tucci, just not so creepy :)

Go see this movie, you won't regret it.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The only reason I could stand Nicolas Cage was because he was wearing a mask : D

But yeah, nice movie. I found myself laughing with the entire theater on many occasions.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I change my seven to an eight because it's still strong in my memory. I was laugning out loud with the entire theater myself igge :P
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas (1998) : 7.5/10

Well, this was one crazy movie! As far as the story goes, there isn't much to grasp onto. We follow an oddball journalist and his psychopathic lawyer travelling to Las Vegas as he tries to write an article while constantly taking drugs (rough story, or at least what i could extract from the movie). But the story is not the main focus of the film, what is brilliant is how the viewer really gets grabbed and forced into the demented drug-induced world of Fear and Loathing. Johnny Depp is totally insane, funny and very credible in his role and the rest of the cast is great. VIsually, the movie is magnificient. I've never been on such drugs but thanks to this film, i feel like i have experienced them all without ever having to do them. To sum it up, a very good and crazy, yet not-for-everybody, movie. I recommend!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

(1964) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - 9/10
Interesting movie. There's not really action it it, but it's still not boring at any point. I think I should watch it again, because i was very tired when I watched it. Maybe it's even more awesome the 2nd time.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Max Kubrick film. <3
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Dr. Strangelove is indeed awesome. One of the funniest movies I know.

Bad Day at Black Rock - 5/10
Like 5.9... I can't put words, it was ok, rating by gut feeling.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Bananas (1971) - 6/10
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask (1972) - 6/10
The Seven Year Itch (1955) - 7/10
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) - 5/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Timecrimes http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/
OH MAN FUCKING BRILLIANT!

Please DO NOT WATCH TRAILERS for this film! (Unless you like everything spoiled...)

Otherwise this is the best film I've seen this year and maybe in a much longer time.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

insane guy wrote:[...] Please DO NOT WATCH TRAILERS for this film! (Unless you like everything spoiled...) [...]
Like any other trailer ;(
Anyway, seems like an interesting movie so I dloaded teh.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

John wrote:Anyway, seems like an interesting movie so I dloaded teh.
omg rly? i'm truly surprised :lol:
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

abruzzi wrote:
John wrote:something perfectly normal
senseless sarcasm and stupid attempt to attack John
o'rly? :|

Watched Death Becomes Her for the 89²³²th time yesterday, Bruce Willis is epic and Meryl Streep is mongo :D

Still can't figure out how they did that hole in her stomach... for a 1992 movie, it has a lot of very impressive special effects :!:
:mrhat:
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Animal Factory 8/10

Liked it. Nice actors. Edward Furlong's part reminded me much of his best known role in American History X.
Only lol casting was Tom Arnold as a granny rapist. And btw, I love Danny Trejo, sach badass<3
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

insane guy wrote:Timecrimes http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

Please DO NOT WATCH TRAILERS for this film! (Unless you like everything spoiled...)

Otherwise this is the best film I've seen this year and maybe in a much longer time.
Pretty awesome. It just got better and better... A strong 8 or a weak 9. I put 9 on IMDb just to put something.
Stylish poster too (click for larger pic):
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Kick-Ass: 9/10 -> 10/10

Really had to. saw it again today and the jokes are just as funny, the action scenes still amazing. Since it was my second time seeing it i had more of a critical view. There's not many flaws and the humour is just top-notch. The music choices are quite good (especially catered to me.) involving things like Prodigy's "Omen" and such. To steal a quote from a movie critic i now like (thanks mcl) "Hit Girl wastes a room full of thugs with a spear to the theme of the Banana Splits"

Basically, well worth 10/10 in my eyes. Go see it.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Truman Show - 7/10
Pretty coal
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Doubleposting ftw

Now proud owner of Avatar bluray which is pretty much the sickest shit I've seen and heard in my own home. Buy teh!

Hi berh, fukk off already
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

insane guy wrote:Timecrimes http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

thanks for the tip man, amazing movie. gave it a 9/10
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Colossus (1970) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/
At the video rental this DVD had a note attached to it, saying something like "Highly underrated and unregarded Sci-Fi Classic".
I totally go with this.

Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl (2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1425928/ had the note "Hey Kids - ULTRA GORE!" attached. Of corse I had to watch it. Was pretty sucky but included lots of guts and blood.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - :?/10
The remake hitting theatres next saturday, I have to prepare. And yeah, it sucked imo :/
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Above The Rim (1994) : 8/10 (trailer)
Gathered up with some friends to watch this film. It's the story of a promising high school basketball star and his relationships with two brothers, one a drug dealer and the other a former basketball star fallen on hard times and now employed as a security guard. The movie is kinda rough on the surface but underneath that surface lies the beautiful tale of a poor young man trying to make it big in a world full of obstacles and deceit. Even though the matter is somehow serious, the movie has quite its share of comedy (the french-dubbing is sometimes rather hilarious). There are a lot of basketball scenes and for once, they are very plausible and really represent how street ball is played. Very good movie, even more if you ever played basketball.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Iron Man 2 - 5/10
is ok, 1st was better.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

You guys can't keep up with me => doubleposting ;o

Little Red Flowers - 3/10
Good movie but dame it was awkward to watch, that's why only 3.

From Paris with Love - 7/10
Even a strong 7. The movie is actually entertaining both actionwise and humorwise. Travolta is max bad-ass although walking on the fine line towards whanebe bad-ass sometimes. Like when he shouts "Now tell me that wasn't impressive!", but coal (and funny) actionscenes and nice editing makes up for it. Recommended popcorn-flick. Luc Besson involved.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The Hurt Locker 2008 - 6/10
It was entertaining, no boring parts at all. However it had no real plot, just followed a bomb squad for a period of time on a bunch of small missions, nothing really happened.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Casablanca (1942) - 8/10
Notorious (1946) - 8/10
Strangers on a Train (1951) - 8/10
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) - 4/10
Dial M for Murder (1954) - 8/10
To Catch a Thief (1955) - 8/10
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) - 8/10
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - 6/10
Ensemble, c'est tout (2007) - 5/10
Team LOS website

-
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Boomer wrote:Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - 6/10
I'm sorry, what..?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Ichi the Killer - 6/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Dawn of the Dead (1978) - 5/10
I'm quite disappointed. I was expecting a horror movie but even Ronald McDonald is more scary than these zombies. Once I realized this isn't a horror movie I overlooked the whole zombie plot and had a look at what was left, but it didn't keep me that entertained. Average rating.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

shaun of the dead is scarier. i suggest you watch it if you haven't yet
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Schindler's List (1993) - 9/10. Fantastic film!
Team LOS website

-
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Schindler's List - 8/10 (Boomer and I watched it without knowing about the other)
A weak 8. Good movie but at times fukkin slow and tbh it never got gripping. Maybe I'm just a heartless bastard. I'm gonna let it sink in and eventually rewatch.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Das Experiment - 9/10
From Dusk Tilll Dawn - 8/10

gonna watch from dusk till dawn 2 tomorrow. IMDB says it's shit... ;D
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Longest Day (1962) - 7/10
Normandie scenes were impressive.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

From Dusk Till Dawn 2 - 5/10
okay B-movie
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Boomer wrote:Schindler's List (1993) - 9/10. Fantastic film!
9/10 here too. Amazing film, but 3 hours is just too much.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

silent hill was totally disappointing and boooring as hell. also not scary at all ;/
anyone knows really (i mean really shitlessly) scary film? and pls dont say scary movie :D
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

The Shining
The Exorcist
but you might be too young to get it
39:37,91
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

The Shining is max. <3

Also, watch Twin Peaks.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Yeah, The Exorcist is pretty scary. I've watched the movie twice as a kid and i threw up on both nights (coincidence or can't my canadian soul endure evils?).
The Others was also very good in my opinion, very good setting for a horror movie.
The Ring was my introduction to Japanese Horror (even though it's a remake), very nice investigation-turns-to-horror movie.

Also, i've heard good things about Jacob's Ladder and Audition, is said to have one quite unbearable ending.

I could mention movies like Re-Animator, Zombi 2, Dead Alive and so on but they aren't really scary, mostly gore and violent.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Pawq wrote:silent hill was totally disappointing and boooring as hell. also not scary at all ;/
I quite like it but indeed it isn't very scary. It's more the general mood I like.

Robin Hood - 9/10
Weak 9/10 but nevermind. Really liked it. Positively surprised.

A Nightmare on Elm Street - 3/10
Blah, equally bad as the original (cult or not, it sucks imo). Stupid people everywhere. Just random slasherfest of tired teens and a study of cheesy one-liners. Some lip-sync problems. I did jump a few times and got chills at least once (the only scare I didn't see coming although it too was obvious) but the scares were pretty obvious and not revolutionary in any way.

EDIT: Mary and Max - 8/10
Such great to find a movie you've never heard of, download it 3 mins later and watch it only to find it's brilliant. Loved the animation and the witty humour. Rather beautiful story too.

3 movies in one day, it doesn't happen often but when I'm in the mood I'm in the mood. Could watch a 4th just for personal record, but orka. :D
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Once Upon a Time in America - 7/10
Good movie but really, couldn't it have been cut down by 40 minutes without losing essential scenes? 3h 40m is just too long (I know there is another version though). I liked the cinematography of 20's New York and I liked the part of the movie where we got to see how they turned into aspiring gangsters. The parts after that, with them as adults, were only "ok". Nice music and cast. The only thing keeping me away from higher ratings is the length and inability to keep my interest for 3h 40m.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Valentine's Day (2010) - 5/10

Alice in Wonderland (2010) - 9/10

The Ugly Truth (2009) - 6/10
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Belle de jour (1967) - 6/10
The Godfather: Part II (1974) - 8-9/10
Goodfellas (1990) - 7/10
Team LOS website

-
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Hard-Boiled : 7.5/10
I've learned a lesson here, no more will i ever watch a foreign movie with english dubbing. As good as the action was, i couldn't understand a thing of what the characters were saying, horrible dubbing. I'll have to watch it again because even though i pretty much didn't understand a thing about the story, it was a great film because of how good the action, the violence, the stunts, the cinematography and the visual style were. A scene that struck me by its beauty was towards the end, when Yun-Fat Chow's character and his partner come blasting into a building with a shotgun and pistols in an "over 3-minute" sequence shot. Just one of those great action movies!
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Fun with Dick and Jane - 6/10

Jim Carrey is mega-awesome as usual but the overall movie is the regular comedy.
:mrhat:
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

(1984) A Nightmare on Elm Street - 5/10
Unspectacular.

(2008) The Dark Knight - 8/10
Really good. Way better than I expected.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i enjoyed jackson's shaft pretty much :) also he was max in iron man 2 :D
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I edited the first post and added links to players' ratings. Help me fill out the gaps, I probably missed a few guys since I only scanned 4 first pages for links. BoneLESS for example? Anyone has skint0r's ratings?