Your Win to Loss ratio in EOL

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Your Win to Loss ratio in EOL

Post by gimp »

Was discussing this with some people in EOL and i thought it'd make for a cool topic.

Some notable players in no particular order:

Zweq - 1600(battles played) - 600(battles won)
600/1600 = .375 = 37.5% of Zweq's balles end in him being first, one could further say that Zweq has a 37.5% chance of winning in any given average battle at this given moment.

Markku - 2100 - 650 - 31%

Jeppe - 950 - 400 - 42.2% (highest?)

Kazan - 2150 - 760 - 35.3%

Zero - 4300 - 820 - 19.1%

Moonjelly - 500 - 4 - 0.8%

gimp - 1000 - 180 - 18%

I realize there are a lot of variables that come into play. Maybe some people come into balles late, quit balles, maybe Jeppe plays a lot of balles with very little players in them. They don't determine the skill level in any order obviously, but it's no surprise the best kuskis still have the highest ratios. Whats yours?
God Bless America
SveinR
Moporator

Re: Your Win to Loss ratio in EOL

Post by SveinR »

Where do you get the battles played stats?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

The new hopefully soon-to-be-published EOL site also shows win percentage in ranking. I think in that beta page there are a little fewer battles in database (some older missing pasibly), but Zweq has 51% ratio there which is the highest.

SveinR: I think he's taking rough number from the ranking graph.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Exact ratios for those listed using only battles from 2011 (with the exception of Nov-Dec):

Zweq: 49.83%
Markku: 58.58%
Jeppe: 49.19%
Kazan: 52.91%
Zero: 33.31%
gimp: 22.41%

SveinR: 12.35%

These stats are provided by Kopaka (for GAA jury).
Rules | FAQ
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

lol i have almost the same exact numbers as Kazan according to these graphs, the differences are so marginal it's scary.
This an interesting stat to look at, but pretty inconsistent and it doesn't really tell anything. Well, except for player's attitude - if the percentage goes down over time, the kuski most probably doesn't try as hard to show good results as he used to, etc etc. Will be cool to have this number publicly shown on eolsite though.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

i would like to know my ration since competed and got top5 battler in 2011
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Yeah i was using a rough estimate of the graph numbers. That's cool though all of their percentages this year are better than their overall. Assuming we are all getting better the more we play, does that mean Markku, Kazan, Zweq, and Jeppe are getting better quicker than others are getting better? anyways if they win 50% of all their balles they need to go against each other more.
God Bless America
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I would say these stats are very inaccurate, almost half of the battles I join I don't even play, after seeing how bad they are.
My 23% winrate in eol stats would probably go as high as 40% probably, when knowing how many battles I skip after just entered them.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Bjenn wrote:I would say these stats are very inaccurate, almost half of the battles I join I don't even play, after seeing how bad they are.
My 23% winrate in eol stats would probably go as high as 40% probably, when knowing how many battles I skip after just entered them.
The stats are accurate, it's very simple.

If you choose to not play the entire battle or not to set a good time, then you lose the battle. Just because you decide not to play does not mean you are no longer part of the battle.

In 2011, your win ratio was 31.42%.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I'd LOVE the graph of particular positions back :(((( Maybe it could be updated weekly or so, not to eat the server up? :(
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Haruhi wrote:
Bjenn wrote:I would say these stats are very inaccurate, almost half of the battles I join I don't even play, after seeing how bad they are.
The stats are accurate, it's very simple.

If you choose to not play the entire battle or not to set a good time, then you lose the battle. Just because you decide not to play does not mean you are no longer part of the battle.
Now how can you say that this is accurate stats? When I have not proven how good time i could of driven on specific level?
If stats were to be accurate at all I would have to F1+enter every battle, see how good it is and then decide whether to play it or not, then the stats would only count the battles I actually played.
<Haruhi> Logic = ?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Bjorn jesus fucking christ -.- your logic = women level
any stats are accurate compared to actual events, in this case actual events are results of actual battles, and those stats were presented, being as accurate as possible
what you're talking about is accuracy relative to your SKILLS, and what fucking kind of stats is that?! How can you ever obtain such stats in any case?? are you braindead? :L
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Bjenn get a Brejn
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

seems youre misunderstanding bjarne, wat hes trying to say is that these stats are a bad measure of actual skill since many people join a balle do 2 tries and orka and end up with 0 aples, that doesnt mean their skill is equivalent of someone who cant even get an apel
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I don't even ;D
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Yeu bad wording. Stats are accurate but not a good measure of skill in every case.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Well imo, some ppl stick it out and play sucky balles for good stats, and some don't. Just because you perform bad for whatever reason, does not mean it should not be counted in your stats.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Lousku wrote:Yeu bad wording. Stats are accurate but not a good measure of skill in every case.
exactly
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Bjenn :lol:
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

niN wrote:Well imo, some ppl stick it out and play sucky balles for good stats, and some don't. Just because you perform bad for whatever reason, does not mean it should not be counted in your stats.
And what they're saying is that these statistics are not good indicators of skill, because they aren't. "Sticking it out" just to get better stats has got nothing to do with skills.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Igge wrote:
niN wrote:Well imo, some ppl stick it out and play sucky balles for good stats, and some don't. Just because you perform bad for whatever reason, does not mean it should not be counted in your stats.
And what they're saying is that these statistics are not good indicators of skill, because they aren't. "Sticking it out" just to get better stats has got nothing to do with skills.
Well actually then, what is skills? In playing elma a lot of things come to play, patience is one of them.

I think so anyway. But I guess if you want to put it down to the bone elasto mania skills, then it would be damn near impossible to get accurate stats since levs are so diffrent.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

anyway, stats never relate to as subjective things as skills ._.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote:anyway, stats never relate to as subjective things as skills ._.
Never is wrong word. There are many amazing sportsman that have amazing stats, so there is sometimes obvious relation.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Not directly at least. And when they do they are rather not accurate.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Pawq wrote:Not directly at least. And when they do they are rather not accurate.
You can't objectively measure skills, so you can't say anything about accuracy. What I mean that sometimes player or anyone seems to be talented, but stats don't reflect that, but often they do. I don't think you can say that Markku, Zweq or Kazan are bad players. You said that stats never relate to skills, what is wrong.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

not directly, i corrected myself
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

What do you mean by directly anyway?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Bjenn wrote:If stats were to be accurate at all I would have to F1+enter every battle, see how good it is and then decide whether to play it or not, then the stats would only count the battles I actually played.
I usually do that, and I think everyone should. Closest thing we've got to an "opt-in" option for battles. As has been said it's simply impossible to filter out those battles where you don't give your full effort when doing any sort of stats. Even if you don't care about stats a bad result still affects other players (ie. if you're a high rated player other players get a lot of points for beating you).
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

An idea, which of course means coding and is unlikely but nevertheless, could be something like you're allowed to play 10% of the battle duration and then choose to opt out. This would probably be best if it was a manual decision by the player, so that if for example someone like Kazan chooses to play the last 9% of a battle and wins it he can obviously choose not to disregard his result.
This could bring problems of people taking the decision to opt out too lightly and not go for the remaining 90% of the battle if they feel it's not going well. I would imagine this wouldn't really be a problem though since people should be in eol to actually play elma.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Kopaka wrote:
Bjenn wrote:If stats were to be accurate at all I would have to F1+enter every battle, see how good it is and then decide whether to play it or not, then the stats would only count the battles I actually played.
I usually do that, and I think everyone should. Closest thing we've got to an "opt-in" option for battles. As has been said it's simply impossible to filter out those battles where you don't give your full effort when doing any sort of stats. Even if you don't care about stats a bad result still affects other players (ie. if you're a high rated player other players get a lot of points for beating you).
EOL is serious business, yo.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Bjenn: If you decide to orka play anymore, it is YOU that is ruining the stats, not EOL. Ez to simply F1 + Enter like most do.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

One time I thought like "I will now start playing all the balles I enter properly!", but most of the levels are just so shit that I have to quit because I don't want to torture myself, not even for teh stats!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Haruhi wrote:Bjenn: If you decide to orka play anymore, it is YOU that is ruining the stats, not EOL. Ez to simply F1 + Enter like most do.
I didn't even know you could. o,o
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

maybe bans for 0-applerers in easy battles? jappe2 will be delighted to execute 'em
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Haruhi wrote:Bjenn: If you decide to orka play anymore, it is YOU that is ruining the stats, not EOL. Ez to simply F1 + Enter like most do.
I don't even care about the stats, I just made a point after I saw this topic that those stats of winrate is inaccurate.
And what you just wrote is exactly the same as I wrote. I never said I dont orka play anymore, what's ur deal anyway.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Bjenn wrote:stats of winrate is inaccurate.
Seriously? Ok, I'm out. =D
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I'm pretty(100%) sure there are some errors in the numbers, for example special battles being included in the battles played but not battles won. Only that can explain markku 31%, who has had 50% or higher throughout the game's history. You can safely ignore the numbers on elmaonline.net and wait for the new site.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Bjenn not sure if you read my post but pretty much stated everything you already said. I also said it is no surprise that the top players also have the best win ratios. So although maybe these stats didn't work for you in general they give a rough idea at least for SOME people. Yeah zweq I thought markkus was a bit low for him too. Don't know.
God Bless America
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Zweq wrote:I'm pretty(100%) sure there are some errors in the numbers, for example special battles being included in the battles played but not battles won. Only that can explain markku 31%, who has had 50% or higher throughout the game's history. You can safely ignore the numbers on elmaonline.net and wait for the new site.
in what ways is it going to be better?
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I must be like 0.1% lol
:mrhat:
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

i played like 5-10 battles and ofc didn't win yet. so my number is najs, 0% =)
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

SveinR wrote:Exact ratios for those listed using only battles from 2011 (with the exception of Nov-Dec):
Markku: 58.58%
These stats are provided by Kopaka (for GAA jury).
Zweq?
Image Cyberscore! Image
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Hm? I wrote Zweq's ratio as well?
Rules | FAQ
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

SveinR wrote:Hm? I wrote Zweq's ratio as well?
nono, was referring to Zweq's statement that Markku's ratio was 30%, i quoted your post as evidence ;)
Image Cyberscore! Image
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

This seems like intellectual masturbation to me.

Besides, Zweq only doesn't have 100% winrate because he played 1000 battles against me.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)