IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Igge
38mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by Igge »

John wrote:Dredd (2012) - 6/10
Positively surprised. I kinda liked it.
Same here. It exceeded my expectations, though I can't say my expectations were that high to begin with. I'm usually not wowed by special effects, but this movie had some really impressive scenes. I'd give it some 6/10 too, probably less if I hadn't seen it at the cinema.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Savages 8/10

Very nice. Usually hate action movies.
Contains a bad cover of The Beatles song Here Comes The Sun though.
ToMaT
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Moonrise Kingdom 9/10
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Baghead 8/10

At some point I thought of giving some 6, but after watching it to the end I have to raise my number.
It's kind of a movie-within-a-movie -movie with some really realistic characters and dialogue, to the extent that I could easily think of myself and some certain friends of mine as the main characters of the movie. Was pretty refreshing to me.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

fish tank 8/10

I really liked it. Amazing actors and a great reflection of teenage behaviour!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Pawq wrote:rewatched both Craig bonds too, good ones, can't wait for freefall, but im afraid it'll be a disappointment :((
fuck fucking cunt
shit
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Pay it forward 6/10 (expected a bit more)
into the white 6/10
Saints and Soldiers Airborne Creed 6/10
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

50/50 - 7/10
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The world´s fastest indian - 9/10. very awesome, i like Anthony Hopkins.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Cabin in the Woods - 5/10
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Brave - 10/10
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

mot0rsykkel diaries 8.5/10 becuz coal st0ry and inspirational shit
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

now that I've finally (slightly) cooled down from the disappointment...

Skyfall (2012) - 5/10
I guess it would be a bit unfair to rate it down (even further) just because of the expectations... (but ffs, it's bond, how can I not expect a lot!) It'd be a rather good regular action movie, but absolutely hopeless for a continuation of the best action movie franchise in the world -.-
i'm starting with the proper bonds now...

Dr. No (1962) - 7/10
+1 because of the age (looks a bit funny ofc), but great 8) that's what I expect from bond - hot locations, hot girls, pro bond... only pro cars to come 8)

edit:
From Russia with Love (1963) - 7/10
Connery is simply amazing =D but not the best film

Brave (2012) - 7/10
I expected it to be bad (the first Pixar film with humans playing the main role, so I was afraid they ran out of ideas), but it was really cool =) Not as Enthralling as (most of) the other Pixar productions, but very enjoyable nevertheless =)
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Skyfall 8/10 I really loved this movie... It's different than the older Bond movies, but doesn't ruin the character i think... Very nice imo :)

Once Upon a Time In The West 9/10 I'm not a big western fan but this was REALLY awesome, I highly suggest you to watch it :o
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Unknown - 6/10
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Memento x/10
this movie is sick :D. have to think about how much points I give

District 9 - 4/10 - I don't like this kind of film but gave it a chance
Jackass 3.5 - 4/10 no much new stunts, I can say it was a bit booring, I am dissapointed
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Flight - 8/10
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

The Thin red line 4/10
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

thin red line is ez 9/10
@_@
39:37,91
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

new or old?

Goldfinger (1964) - 7/10
Thunderball (1965) - 7/10
Getting better and better all the time! Those car chases though... :S and the motorboat scene from Thunderball was just ._.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 8/10
Did anyone else feel like watching Inception? Not only the cast, but the overall mood and character of the film reminded me of Inception so much... Probably just too much of the crew contributing to both, including Zimmer :/
I felt like it was a bit underdeveloped in some details for a film with such an enormous budget, especially the dialogues... When Bane and Batman met on the square or whatever that was, Bane: "You came here to die with your city" or whatever, then I expected some killer from Batman just to hear "I came here to stop you!". Omg, kidd0 cartoon villains have better lines!!!
And don't get me wrong, I really liked it very very very much, I just think it could be a bit better for such a crew, cast and budget :p

ps. Anne Hathaway is SO good o,o gonna rewatch Get Smart soon)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Pawq wrote:ps. Anne Hathaway is SO good o,o gonna rewatch Get Smart soon)
She's ok. I think she's going to be really impressive in Les Miserables though. Heard Tom Hooper (the director) wanted the actors to sing live to get the real emotions through. Now go watch the trailer where Anne Hathaway sing "I dreamed a dream" and have that in mind. Impressive imo.

The Hypnotist - 7/10
Swedish thriller with discomforting mood and decent acting.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

John wrote:She's ok. I think she's going to be really impressive in Les Miserables though. Heard Tom Hooper (the director) wanted the actors to sing live to get the real emotions through. Now go watch the trailer where Anne Hathaway sing "I dreamed a dream" and have that in mind. Impressive imo.
hmmm, thanks for recommendation, looks worth watching :)
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Pawq wrote:Goldfinger (1964) - 7/10
Thunderball (1965) - 7/10
Getting better and better all the time! Those car chases though... :S and the motorboat scene from Thunderball was just ._.
Nice to see that you watch the old Bond-movies! After I went to see Skyfall, I decided it was time to see them all again (last time was during a weekend in 2009 when me and two friends saw all of them in a row with 4-5h sleep somewhere in the middle). Started with Dr. No a few days ago and just finished On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Yeah, that motorboat scene is very lolz today. Going like 1000 knots while everyone steers the wheel towards 0.1 secs of safety. :)

OT:

Les bronzés font du ski (1979) - 2/10
Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011) - 5/10
Lupin III - Missed By a Dollar (2000)- 7/10 One of the best Lupin-movies I've seen so far.
Ted (2012) - 6/10
Men in Black 3 (2012) - 4/10
Skyfall (2012) - 8/10
RoboCop (1987) - 7/10
Johnny English Reborn (2011) - 4/10
The Expendables 2 (2012) - 2/10
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2011) - 6/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

The Man From Earth A strong 8/10

Fantastic low-budget movie about a guy who claims he's 14,000 years old. The whole movie takes place in one place and 99% of it focuses on the dialogue. Some might find it boring, but think it was really fascinating and teaching too. Definitely not your ordinary popcorn flick :p
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Dexter (TV Series 2006) - 10/10
Best series ever watched after Breaking Bad, it might even be better. I'm only on season 4.
Comparable series: True Blood, Prison Break and Game of Thrones.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

V For Vendetta 5/10
The Departed 7/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Call Girl - 4/10
Very slow pace ("Watch out for the iceberg syndrome"). Felt too long and didn't really like the way it turned out to be. Very average acting imo.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

goodfellas 6/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Argo - 6/10
Good movie, very thrilling, sometimes pretty funny too (it belongs to the unusual genre of thriller/comedy). Somehow I feel the characters were too shallow and didn't earn my full sympathy or something. Maybe the whole movie was too shallow. Can't put my finger on it. Anyway, I'm getting solid confidence in Ben Affleck as a director. Reeealy liked The Town (I own it on bluray) and Argo, while not as good as The Town imo, is a good movie that will make your heart beat a few beats faster and give you a few laughs too. Will be interesting to see his next movie.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

John wrote:Argo - 6/10
Good movie, very thrilling, sometimes pretty funny too (it belongs to the unusual genre of thriller/comedy). Somehow I feel the characters were too shallow and didn't earn my full sympathy or something. Maybe the whole movie was too shallow. Can't put my finger on it. Anyway, I'm getting solid confidence in Ben Affleck as a director. Reeealy liked The Town (I own it on bluray) and Argo, while not as good as The Town imo, is a good movie that will make your heart beat a few beats faster and give you a few laughs too. Will be interesting to see his next movie.
I agree 100% with everything you just said. The characters really were too shallow; would have been fun to see more of them. It's like he might as well have had to rescue 6 ducks or whatever. 6/10 seems fitting.

I agree with what you said about Ben Affleck as well. I like how he in Argo dropped that subtle line "You could teach a monkey to be a director in a day." or something along those lines. 8)

Argo is watch-worthy, but maybe not necessary to watch in a cinema.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

(500) Days of Summer 6½/10

Decent movie, but I found it a bit dragging and sometimes hard to follow with the timeline jumping around (might have something to do with being pretty tired watching it). Was a bit dragging and probably watched it to the end only because I like the two leading actors (Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Lewitt). Definitely seems like a realistic depiction of a relationship, although what do I know about such :p
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Decided to finally watch this as it came on TV. It was kinda what I expected, especially that the movie shouts at you "FUCK YEAH LOOK AT ME I'M FUCKING E-P-I-C" which is kinda annoying at times.
Also the main villain, the general, was _bad_ass_. "Fuck oxygen masks when needed, they're for pussies." "Oh, I'm on fire, but I'm so tough I won't even try to put the fire out."

Still overall pretty entertaining movie, even though some of the character development was pretty predictable, and that some small things that caught my attention made me wonder "why?". Like that most of the soldiers were latino :D
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Despicable Me (2010) - 7/10 -> 9/10
Fucking epic :D I haven't rofled for a while... :D
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Walking Dead - 8/10
I know the show is only on a season break and that there is more to come but 8/10 is how bad I want to know how the show progress from here.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Transformers 1: 5/10
Transformers 2: 4/10
Transformers 3: ?/10 (will it be 3? Didn´t see yet.)
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 9/10

Not sure about this number though. I might be biased because I'm a big fan of the Tolkien world and was just excited to see more of it.
Some notes (no spoilers):
-I feel this the movie was much lighter and humorous that LOTR and I think it's good that way
-I liked Martin Freeman as Bilbo, very quirky guy
-Surprisingly much Radagast. He was really goofy though :S
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Looking forward to seeing it, I'm really curious how I'll like it, having read the book a good few times.. I'm afraid I might compare it to lotr films too much :(

Seen Despicable Me, 3rd time in 4 days, pure lol ;o

Ocean's Eleven (2001) - 7/10
Ocean's Twelve (2004) - 6/10
Ocean's Thirteen (2007) - 7/10
Another 3-day marathon. All 3 really good, but I think I liked the third one most. I've seen all of them before, but as always, a few more springs passed brought much more to my attention - especially acting and music. Music - the amazing mix of jazz and 70s' psychedelic rock - created a fantastic mood throughout the whole series, huge props to the selectors. And acting? Imo it's the pinnacle of the current world's acting resources. Pitt - master, flawless as always. Clooney - just perfect for the job, that stunning, exhilarating slight smile... :D Damon - strikes me each time, capable of anything! The two brothers, as I found out - Scott Caan and Casey Affleck, especially the former one, were just amazing! The most multifunctional characters I've ever seen :D Catherine Zeta-Jones cute as always, Al Pacino not particularly impressive but perfect for the role as well... A great pleasure watching all these =) And the plots - props to the writers!
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Ted (2012) - 7/10
1. Fun
2. Mila Kunis
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Wanted to watch because of Mila Kunis, but from the trailer it seemed to be quite a silly thingy :( Donno maybe...
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Ted: Only some funny parts nothing special. Overrated becacuse it's a "unique" movie. (WTF? o.O)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Pay it forward (2000): 8/10
everytime i watch this film i cry.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 - 2/10
Really bad. Nothing much happened. Really poor acting. Some annoying teenage girl indie music soundtrack. Derp overall.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 9/10
Really liked it. Didn't feel like 2h50m, time just flew by. Gonna see it again when I have the time. Haven't read the book btw.
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Tigro wrote:Pay it forward (2000): 8/10
everytime i watch this film i cry.
agree on with the points, nice movie ( your link doesn't work ) ( edit: not your link, IMDB which not working )
Last edited by snajdig on 15 Dec 2012, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

snajdig wrote:not your link, IMDB which not woring
:?
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

pls warning or ban or smth
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

The Hobbit part 1 - 7/10

:?
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

The Core ridiculous/10

hahahaha

edit: hahahahahahahahahaha
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1