Elma Underground Level

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

M07hM4n
Kuski

Elma Underground Level

Post by M07hM4n »

I've been designing a level that is taking me some time, because I want to make it giant, so I made a little part of it, to see if people will like or not.

http://gze.br2.net/elma/lev/melmaug.lev

Well don't expect a challenge as I can finish this level.

I like this level, but what do I know, I'm the level designer and a noob...
So I'm expecting people sugestions... Tell me, what did you think of this level? What do you suggest for future versions? Should I develop this level? Should I stop right now because it sucks?

Well every suggestions, praises, complaints are welcome.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Pretty good level,
the only thing i don't like is also in all levels made like that ... apples which you take with your head are not far enough from your wheels so you always go past them when you ride fast... Except for that, a great level :D
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

i don´t like this level very much because of three reasons:

1-There isn´t any alternative style, the player is forced to go that way and there isn´t any other way to finish :?

2-You must be always using the brake or you will end losing.

3-After finishing the level, time improvements will be very hard. (like sink and pipe)

I think you should continue the level to get more level making experience :wink:
Keep making levels :)

Jonsta
M07hM4n
Kuski

Post by M07hM4n »

jonsterion wrote:i don´t like this level very much
Keep making levels :)

Jonsta
Now that's what I wanted to hear. A good criticism.
Not all my levels are this way, but.. well... some suck. I will post all of them here, just tell me what you think of all of them.

http://gze.br2.net/elma/lev/moth_battlelvs.zip

I've made them to be battle levels, most of them, because I'm always competing with my friends.. Well my personal favorite is 011, because it was well made and 'decorated'. And try to find the secret on 008 without opening the lv in the editor. No cheating :)

Well if you won't mind post here a review of the levels and your personal favorites, so I know what style i should keep on.

Again, the levels r pretty easy, expect for 006 that i've never finished. Once i got near the exit but slipped and died. Still it should be easy for all of you.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

well, this is one of the better 'underground/pipe' levels I saw.
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

I prefer this style of levels, but if they had a little more work, they could be quite good 8O

001-002-005 -Tipical battle levels, however,they could have at least grass.
I realy dislike -stone3- for background when -ground- is the ground, it´s just so confusing :? You can´t see the vertices.
In 005 that shortcut it´s just so predictable :wink:

003-This was more a hoyla level than a battle one. :)

007-Nice one! Everyone puts his one inicial letter on the levels. You should get a simbol or simply don´t put anything. It´s just my opinion.

008-I fond a "ha ha ha":lol: and the secret area :P

009-Realy fun to hoyl.

010-Everything works fine. Nice playability.

011-I think this is one of the best, not just for having grass but also for the playability :) It is short but it has many styles.

012-Nice M at the beginning. I prefer sky for background. Good hoyability.

013-The beginning it´s a bit annoying. The playability it´s a bit like spiral.

014- Very short but cool anyway. It´s nice to have two very close ways to go.

Nice and fun pack 8)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Forget about that level, it sucks. Even my old "Headup" (Kopaka01.lev) seem better. Impossible to make good levels this way. Forget it, and start making a real level instead.
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

kopaka is right, those levels get boring really fast...
M07hM4n
Kuski

Post by M07hM4n »

jonsterion wrote:I prefer this style of levels, but if they had a little more work, they could be quite good 8O
Most of these levels are just projects that only I have played. Never got the time of making them good-looking and stuff...
001-002-005 -Tipical battle levels, however,they could have at least grass.
I realy dislike -stone3- for background when -ground- is the ground, it´s just so confusing :? You can´t see the vertices.
In 005 that shortcut it´s just so predictable :wink:
Well most of those levels were the projects i mentioned above... I just did put everything i saw in my folder in this pack
003-This was more a hoyla level than a battle one. :)
That's a level i don't like it very much.. When i thought of it it was supposed to be exciting, long, and thrilling, but all failed...
007-Nice one! Everyone puts his one inicial letter on the levels. You should get a simbol or simply don´t put anything. It´s just my opinion.
Thanks, did you find the secret?? I usually make only a M in the levels, until i make a finished version of them, then I make a M like in 11/12.
008-I fond a "ha ha ha":lol: and the secret area :P
All my friends here only found the ha ha, when i say there is a secret in the level, they see that gap and you know...
009-Realy fun to hoyl.
010-Everything works fine. Nice playability.
This level was supposed to be smaller.. then when I first played it i realized it got ok...
011-I think this is one of the best, not just for having grass but also for the playability :) It is short but it has many styles.
I agree with you this is the level I'm most proud of.
012-Nice M at the beginning. I prefer sky for background. Good hoyability.
Thanks. I'll change it to sky then... I usually make other background in 'cave' levels..
013-The beginning it´s a bit annoying. The playability it´s a bit like spiral.
Another failed project.
014- Very short but cool anyway. It´s nice to have two very close ways to go.
Thats a fun level to compete with friends, each takes one way... At least here sometimes i won sometimes he(my friend) won...
Nice and fun pack 8)
Now that i'm downloading a lot of levels I'm getting more ideas, so I'll continue making them. Let me know if you want to test them when ready.. I will also take the best ones from this pack to make a pack with the other ones...
Kopaka wrote:Forget about that level, it sucks.
Do you and Harald mean the Elma Underground level or the pack i posted on later?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Underground level.
M07hM4n
Kuski

Post by M07hM4n »

i figured... did anyone else then jonsterion play the pack