What will happen when better times become impossible?

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

DarkSky
Kuski

What will happen when better times become impossible?

Post by DarkSky »

What will happen when better times become impossible? It's inevetable that sooner or later the TT WR will be as low as it can go. So what will happen then? That will be a sad time for the elma community :(
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Even though there are a finite number of particles inside a radioactive source, it is accepted that its radioactivity never reaches zero

the point i'm making is that, whilst there is a theoretical limit on the WRTT, WRs will always get broken from time to time

don't believe? take the number 100. divide it by two. keep dividing, and you will find that you never reach zero.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

sierra wrote:Even though there are a finite number of particles inside a radioactive source, it is accepted that its radioactivity never reaches zero

the point i'm making is that, whilst there is a theoretical limit on the WRTT, WRs will always get broken from time to time

don't believe? take the number 100. divide it by two. keep dividing, and you will find that you never reach zero.
very true ;)
Lostsoul
Kuski

Post by Lostsoul »

SlenderBelly wrote:
sierra wrote:Even though there are a finite number of particles inside a radioactive source, it is accepted that its radioactivity never reaches zero

very true ;)
It is absolutely sure that TT will never be under 30 minutes for example.
And very small improvents (<0.01s) aren't counted because they are rounded.

It's just a fact that there is a limit. But nobody knows what is it...
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Lostsoul wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:

very true ;)
It is absolutely sure that TT will never be under 30 minutes for example.
And very small improvents (<0.01s) aren't counted because they are rounded.

It's just a fact that there is a limit. But nobody knows what is it...
Yes there is a limit but we will never reach it, and the human isnt perfect so it would be very hard to improve when WR tt is low enough.

And why doesnt 0.01 count?? and wtf do u mean by they are rounded? they arent rounded.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

he wrote: LESS THAN 0.01

also.. wrs can be improved pretty much... though... even if they coudlnt.. ppl could still play externals cups tt and so on.

Also maybe new elma comes... I see no problems with this at all.. baye
Elasto Mania - ez better
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

ramone wrote:he wrote: LESS THAN 0.01

also.. wrs can be improved pretty much... though... even if they coudlnt.. ppl could still play externals cups tt and so on.

Also maybe new elma comes... I see no problems with this at all.. baye
yeah, if / when the new elma arrives it would start the whole ball rolling again, especially if all the internal levels were new :)
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

sry didnt see that, but the time when its impasibel to improve more wont come cause far before that it will be to hard to improve so most will geyt tired.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

im really starting to think that Balazs needs to get going on a new version if we want things to survive....
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

when WRs don`t will get better we need a new patch with better brakes and better alo volt and more speed than WR will get better
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Lukazz wrote:when WRs don`t will get better we need a new patch with better brakes and better alo volt and more speed than WR will get better
which sounds more like a new elma version and therefore cant be used to beat current wrs...
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Lukazz wrote:when WRs don`t will get better we need a new patch with better brakes and better alo volt and more speed than WR will get better
thats where things can get messy, with people using patches etc.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ez to prove mathematicly than wrs will reach lowest tt

the sequence of tt of the tables is still getting down or staying (un-ascending)
wt tt is bounded atleast by 00:00:00
=> Weierstrass theorem - the sequence is convergent

final value can reach only discrete values (times 0.01)
=> wr tt will reach some value form which it won't ever go down

ez proof
[carebox]
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

milagros wrote:ez to prove mathematicly than wrs will reach lowest tt

the sequence of tt of the tables is still getting down or staying (un-ascending)

ez proof
converging sequences are conceptual, hence phrases like "the sum to infinity". not literal.

do you know what an asymptote is? the graph i mentioned earlier would form two "perpendicular" asymptotes
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

sierra wrote:
milagros wrote:ez to prove mathematicly than wrs will reach lowest tt

ez proof
converging sequences are conceptual, hence phrases like "the sum to infinity". not literal.

do you know what an asymptote is? the graph i mentioned earlier would form two "perpendicular" asymptotes
there are only discrete values of times, so there are no asymptotes dammit
[carebox]
Phillip
Kuski
Team: TP

Post by Phillip »

milagros is right, mathematically.

The question is when and why the limit will be reached. This is my view, in the light of statistics:

As WRs are getting harder to beat, new WRs are getting less and less probable. The average time between new WRs will increase, maybe months and then years. Finally, for some reason, there will be a last WR. This doesn't mean new WRs are impossible, but it has become so hard, and there has been so many years, that noone bothers.

Now, we will never know when the last WR is beaten, because it is still possible to improve. It could still be possible that in 20 years some maniac beats one of the WRs. And then maybe he beats a few more, but then maybe the last WR is set.

What's interesting is that this WILL happen. There is only a finite number of WRs left that will be taken. One of them must be the last. But for all we now this may happen in a hundred years, and unless the theoretical limit is reached (very improbable) we can never be sure that it's the last one.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

finally somebody understands math 8O
[carebox]
Phillip
Kuski
Team: TP

Post by Phillip »

milagros wrote:finally somebody understands math 8O
If I didn't I would be in trouble, because I've been studying it for three years :lol: