Elma bugs not working correctly

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Guest Fatal

Elma bugs not working correctly

Post by Guest Fatal »

Now my problem may seem a bit strange, but I know I have a real problem and not just made up one.

So, I remember playing couple of levels which had very narrow space for the wheels so that they caused them to go to a very small space and start "bugging". As you and I know, this is how it should happen. Now lately, when I returned to the same levels, the wheels get stuck to the mouth of the narrow space. Also some levels which have the "spring start" (insane6.lev has one if I remember correctly), don't work as they should, and the filght path is a bit different from what it should be.

Alright, I thought, maybe a patch will help, since I had only verson 1.1 (or 1.01, I can't remember). Now, for a couple of times the levels worked as they should have, but soon I was back in the original condition: My wheels got stuck to places where they shouldn't have gotten stuck, and the bugs involving wheels didn't work as they should've.

Please tell me wether there is anything I can do or am I doomed forever with a buggy Elma.

Any help is appreciaited.
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

I didn't exactly understand your problem but by turning vsync on/off the wheels reacting different in narrow sections. Try that and good luck^^
//dun
43 mins
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

dunedan wrote:I didn't exactly understand your problem but by turning vsync on/off the wheels reacting different in narrow sections. Try that and good luck^^
I think that's the problem too.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Your elma is not buggy I think. Everybody's elma works a tiny bit different, it's all about tiny little computer settings which we are not at all completely aware about. Sometimes I've had a similar problems as well, wheel is not going in a narrow wheel-pipe whereas it has gone there before.

I don't know what to do about that exact situation. Somebody might have tried change settings in a situation like that but my poor advice is to not touch levels where there are parts like that which makes the bike buggy. They are very stupid.
Guest Fatal

Post by Guest Fatal »

Ok, thanks you all.

How do I switch vSync on and off? It's not in the options menu, and not in the config program.

And while most of the bug levels are rather stupid, I find InsaneGuy's levels magnificent, and thus I would've wanted to play them. Oh well...

Thanks again!
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

vsync settings should be somewhere in your videocard settings.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

On my laptop i have Windows 2000 Professional...
On the wcup10 lvl i think it was.. there it is possible to get the wheel into a polygon by wheel compressor or what u call it... But i start QuickTime Player it has another effect.. i get a bounce.. something like that..

so there are some things that have effect..
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

i had the same problem when playing some 2Hard level....trick box or something....i kept getting really nice exit from the box but if i play for a while or tried the next day, it would bug out a different way but id still use same button presses...its kinda random (elma)

i mean some levs u hoyl for hours and no finish...next day, ez finish or good time....always happens and theres always a reason for it like dz said
Total Time: 38:35,14
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Guest Fatal wrote:How do I switch vSync on and off? It's not in the options menu, and not in the config program.
If you have relatively new comp and decent graphiccard try:

- Rightclick desktop and choose "Properties"
- Click the folder that says "Settings" and look for a button in that folder that says "Advanced" click it..
- Now hope there is a folder in there that says Direct3D, in that case open it, somewhere on that page there should be a switch for vsync (Wait for vsync it says).
- Just drag that switch and select "Always off" and apply, or if it's already OFF (which I dont think it is) just try drag it to ON and apply.