Games: Oldies Goldies

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

j0k
Kuski

Post by j0k »

jazz jackrabbit yarrr!
Freezen
Kuski

Post by Freezen »

some more from me:
Goblins 1-2 - such fun puzzle-adventure games
Digger - first game that i remember playing, atleast on computer.

and all those legndary adventure games from the 90's.. discworld, simon the sorcerer, day of the tentacle(could be 80's) etc..

so many FF7 fans here, some time ago checked some kuski's favorite games from grafopoint.com, and saw that many elma players play also FF (Toringe, dz...)
little offtopic question for ff fans, has anyone seen the new FF7:advent children movie? i liked it, alot.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i want to point you at one oldie goldie - elastomania
[carebox]
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I saw an old reply here, but I named the game wrong. It was Combat, not battle.

Funniest multiplayer game ever, besides gta2.
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

Some games I can remember off the top of my head:

Supaplex (actually made a level editor for this game a while back but it was plagued by the virus that infected my machine at the time)
Gobliiins!
D-Zone (it was basically a tank battle game with different weapons and the tanks were triangles. very addictive --> http://digitalscores.com/dzone/)
Bomb 2 (also known as Scorched Earth I believe)
Prince Of Persia
Crystal Caves (as most of Apogee's early games...)
The Commander Keen series (as most of Apogee's early games...)
Worms (the first ones, the latest ones in 3D I don't like)
Cannon Fodder
Syndicate
Little Big Adventure (also known as Relentless) and its sequel.
PreHistorik
The Incredible Machine
California Games
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Some great games you have there :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Scorched Earth to teh max also
39:37,91
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

DamRho wrote:Some games I can remember off the top of my head:

Supaplex (actually made a level editor for this game a while back but it was plagued by the virus that infected my machine at the time)
Gobliiins!
D-Zone (it was basically a tank battle game with different weapons and the tanks were triangles. very addictive --> http://digitalscores.com/dzone/)
Bomb 2 (also known as Scorched Earth I believe)
Prince Of Persia
Crystal Caves (as most of Apogee's early games...)
The Commander Keen series (as most of Apogee's early games...)
Worms (the first ones, the latest ones in 3D I don't like)
Cannon Fodder
Syndicate
Little Big Adventure (also known as Relentless) and its sequel.
PreHistorik
The Incredible Machine
California Games
Supaplex i played alot in my younger days sach nice game, if u ever get the lev editor working send to me plz :)

also the incredible machine is sach nice, i played the first one alot but tim2 sucked i think.. theres another tim too just cant remember its name if anyone knows plz inform me..
Proud Member Of RDK
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Contra
Relentless
Time Commando
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

Also a few more games I just remembered from the old days of the ZX Spectrum:

Rick Dangerous
Chucky Egg
Emlyn Hughes International Soccer
Batman: The Movie
Saboteur

As for the Supaplex level editor I actually just found the source code along with a few other crap programs I'd made! Geez some of these games are just not fun... Anyway, I'm gonna post these things just to see if anyone cares for a good laugh:

Hanging Corpse: Obvious hangman clone, very primitive. Apparently's been done four years ago (2001). http://pwp.netcabo.pt/damrho/hangingcorpse.zip

Lights Out!: Based on the handheld machine with the same name by Tiger. I was addicted to this crap when I got the handheld. Fun game but it's very repetitive. Amazed how I still remember how to finish all the levels. Apparently also from 2001. http://pwp.netcabo.pt/damrho/lightsout.zip

DamSnake: Based on the old Nibbles (Snake on Nokia mobile phones). Incredibly buggy. If you want to try it out I would recommend altering the speed settings first as nowadays maximum speed is unplayable lol Also, the music sucks ass. http://pwp.netcabo.pt/damrho/damsnake.zip

SupaEdit 3: Aah the Supaplex Level/Character/Hall Of Fame editor! It's amazingly complicated to work though, so many clicks to go through before even seeing the first editable window... I would definitely have to make a new version if I could still run Supaplex on my machine... Also, there's actually no way you can change the Supaplex path apparently, it always gives a runtime error. http://pwp.netcabo.pt/damrho/supaedit.zip

By the way, don't bother visiting any websites that may show up in the about boxes or readme files; they ceased to exist a long time ago. Same goes for email addresses.

Also, my Anti-Virus didn't complain about everything so it's probably virus-free. I would recommend scanning them yourself since I haven't touched these files in a long time.

Damn, I was a crap programmer back in the days.
Freezen
Kuski

Post by Freezen »

huh, just finished two nights of playing flight of the amazon queen.. such a great game. now to look some more abandon/freeware games from the 90's..
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

Freezen wrote:huh, just finished two nights of playing flight of the amazon queen.. such a great game. now to look some more abandon/freeware games from the 90's..
If you like that game you should enjoy some old LucasArts classics as well:

Day Of The Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit The Road
Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis
Freezen
Kuski

Post by Freezen »

DamRho wrote:
Freezen wrote:huh, just finished two nights of playing flight of the amazon queen.. such a great game. now to look some more abandon/freeware games from the 90's..

Day Of The Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit The Road
just played sam&max through some time ago, well a year ago or something.. but i'll try that day of the tentacle, tried it once but got stuck or something.. and walkthroughs suck, feels much better to finish the game without it. btw, do you know any good DL sites for old games besides the-underdogs.org??
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

Freezen wrote:
DamRho wrote:

Day Of The Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit The Road
just played sam&max through some time ago, well a year ago or something.. but i'll try that day of the tentacle, tried it once but got stuck or something.. and walkthroughs suck, feels much better to finish the game without it. btw, do you know any good DL sites for old games besides the-underdogs.org??
http://www.abandonware-france.org/
http://www.flashback-aw.net/
http://www.abandonia.com/index2.php

Just found one that I used to love there: Fury Of The Furries
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Ahh, just downloaded Dune 1 yesterday. So max game! Only sucky thing is two save slots, one for me and one for my dad. I fucked up pretty badly and had to start all over again after playing like three hours :( And now I gotta go back to the goddamn army for two weeks, then two days' holiday and three weeks there. Gah.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

DamRho wrote:

Day Of The Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit The Road
Monkey Island series are the best in this class.
Full Throttle is maybe the best adventure game,too bad it´s short.
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
Kobi
Kuski

Post by Kobi »

the object of this game is to make a girl whos sleeping have an orgasm before she wakes up and catches you...and theres some guy at the window who sells you sleeping pills and aromatherapy candles to help set the mood

Click Here to play ORGASM GIRL
Your Mom wants to fuck me
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

Post by Scruffy the janitor »

absolutely fantastic idea for a game. this is very good simulation/practise in getting ready for your first daterape. when will we see games like "rapeables", "can you rape my dying mother", "if they scream you know they want it" and "pedophilia is fun".

this is a positive development in gaming industry, instead of killing people mindlessly you can now learn skills that are useful in real life
Now hold on, Iron Joe...