Wrong lev files sorting

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

berhabdul
Banned

Wrong lev files sorting

Post by berhabdul »

YEAH I FOUND A GREAT BUG IN ELMA!!!!! IN MY LEV FOLDER THERE ARE LEVELS: berh23.lev, berh72.lev and berh117.lev THEY HAVE TO BE IN THAT ORDER CUZ 117 IS GREATER THAN 72 AND 72 GREATER THAN 23 BUT WHEN I LAUNCH ELMA, THEY ARE IN THAT ORDER:

berh117.lev

berh23.lev

berh72.lev

--------> IT'S MAX STUPID, CAN MILAGROS FIX IT????? :roll: :roll:
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

god damn you are stupid
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I found the bug, not u, so for me u are stupid :wink:
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

omfg that's not a bug!!
1 is before 2 and before 3 SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Yeh, no wrong with that kind of sorting, i actuly hate windows for sorting them after the whole number, so leik 35021803.rec and many pother recs is not among the other internal recs is way after teh :X
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Go screw yourself samir, you're goddamn annoying.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Let make things clear :

- This phenomenon is annoying YES

- This is far from being a bug ( 1 comes before 2 ) If you want to make levels sorted the right way, name them level001, level010, level100 and they'll look ok...
Samir wrote:I found the bug, not u, so for me u are stupid :wink:
and Samir, please don't start this game. We already had this guy named elma pro who was childish and stupid enough, we don't want any other guy like him.

Keep up respect around here

and Lukazz, no need to be that rude :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
DamRho
Kuski

Re: Wrong lev files sorting

Post by DamRho »

Samir wrote:YEAH I FOUND A GREAT BUG IN ELMA!!!!! IN MY LEV FOLDER THERE ARE LEVELS: berh23.lev, berh72.lev and berh117.lev THEY HAVE TO BE IN THAT ORDER CUZ 117 IS GREATER THAN 72 AND 72 GREATER THAN 23 BUT WHEN I LAUNCH ELMA, THEY ARE IN THAT ORDER:

berh117.lev

berh23.lev

berh72.lev

--------> IT'S MAX STUPID, CAN MILAGROS FIX IT????? :roll: :roll:
Even though people have explained it already I think something may have not been perfectly clear so let me put it the best I can.

Windows, in its infinite ignorance, sorts everything "alphabetically" using the corresponding character ASCII code. This means that a character with lower ASCII code will precede a character with higher ASCII code even though this may not make sense logically. The ASCII table is built in a way that the numbers will precede the letters and numbers and letters will be sorted out correctly, which is a smart thing. The problem is, 1 will ALWAYS precede 2 because it's ASCII code is lower, therefore 10 will precede 2. In fact, it doesn't matter which number it is, as long as it starts with a 1 it will always precede a number that starts with a number ranging from 2 to 9. The same way, 0111 will precede 10, even though 111 is obviously higher. This is not a bug, neither in ElastoMania nor in Windows, it's just the way things are sorted.
eFse7en
Kuski

Post by eFse7en »

Sry to say that, but you don't have right Samir. They have right. String are sorted by comparing 1st to 1st char, then 2nd char to 2nd etc.

You can remove that bad sorting just by changing file names.
I know good and very popular program which is commander, and it has a function that can rename files multiply. It's called Total Commander. Just Select files, press CTRL-M and there you go fields to fill like file name, file extenstions, counter, etc. If you wanna help with it, just give me a call on private (gg). Cya
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Thanks, eFse7en, now it works clearly. I was wrong, thanks for help, bye