Autoplay

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Autoplay

Post by Dynamo »

Is this a reality or a fantasy? Has it been used or abused? How does it work, opinions, etc.
Total Time: 38:35,14
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I 1000% know DarMoeD didn't cheat.
39:37,91
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

reality
sad bu true
[carebox]
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

have u seen some of the times mila?
Total Time: 38:35,14
Pertti
Kuski

Post by Pertti »

wtf is autoplay? explain me, Im curious :)

is it something that proves that DMD didnt cheat?
http://www.petitiononline.com/0815/petition.html
In the name of our ancestors, sign it damnit!
Or do you want to let teh untermensch rule our life?
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

there has been some versions, one was public at least, darmoed used some other prog, the public one is not very user friendly, takes a lot of time to place the movements/gas/brake to the right thousandths
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

even if it's hard to do that still mongo. is the public one ez 2 detect? how could u tell by a replay that the drive's been autoplayed?
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

From what I've heard there is a giant Sign flashing which says "Xiit"
So quite stupid to use it..
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

If i'm not all mixed up, Autoplay is some kinda program that gives you the possibility to merge all your best replays of the same level in one replay ... but, i'm not a 100% sure :?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

It's user un-friendly prog where you set keypresses with timers, play and test them 10000 times for a perfect run I THINK.
39:37,91
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

to me autoplay sounds like a prog that will drive for you using gas/brake/volt when u programmed it to. autoplay, self explanitory word?

edit: i dont think it has much to do with s/l other than u could get the autoplay to drive exactly the same drive as u just did if u recorded to key presses.
Last edited by psteve on 13 Jan 2005, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

The_BoneLESS wrote:If i'm not all mixed up, Autoplay is some kinda program that gives you the possibility to merge all your best replays of the same level in one replay ... but, i'm not a 100% sure :?
heh no. although, in effect, you could say it does do that. i think it's more like: you input what exact button presses are needed to drive the level, so the computer will basically do those presses as many times as you want, then you can edit them to improve the drive and so it becomes almost like a saveload. i'm not sure either, since i wasn't around when edg released it.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I thought darm only used s&l, to uses part of replays which he drove best and drove eacht part after each other until he made a good thing. With autoplay you have combined you have even more possibilities I think.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

this topic is cool
[carebox]
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

teajay - isn't saveload effectively the same thing? by 'saving' a drive, it's the same as recording in some way the button presses needed for that drive to occur. 'loading' is much like telling a computer "gas, brake, left, brake, etc okay now i'm going to play the rest"
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I thought autoplay just was a program which plays a keyfile with defined keys. It's not like playing the real thing. And I think, that you can start the autoplay file everytime again, and play from there, while with save & load you really paste things after each other. So autoplay must be more userfriendly.

Again, these are only thoughts.