Similar Styles

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Similar Styles

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I was looking at some replays this evening and i remarked one thing, even if there are tons of styles in every level, some guys have apparently similar styles of riding.

Just write who you think has the most similar style of riding than you.

Personnaly, i think Boomer as the most look-a-like style as me. Makes some nice tricks but always keeps them simple !
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

i like t0r's style of riding, so nice :)
hi
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

you read like shit, rev
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

well i'm not extremely clean rider. and in many cases i prefer to make styles rather than times. so in that sense i'm similar to ramone, although of course he is the 1000x magnified version of me in terms of skills :*
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

reading is sach boring :S
hi
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Don't answer then. You should have a slight sense in knowing what's the topic all about, don't you think? :wink:

I think I have a style which is like easygijs. Must be a dutch thing ;)
No, when I check serious I 'd wish I could drive as gijs. He's too damn good.

I can't resemble myself with any other player I think. Must be a newbie thing.. :roll:
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Well, guess I have to say BoneLESS, then! :wink:
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

of course some ppl have similar styles. if you watch a rec sometimes the moves is like: WTF! and i dont mean big things... just the pressings of -> or <- comes to early or too late. Some ppl brake in a certain place where others just press 2 quick space. Some ppl have more oldschool styles and so on.
me and luther talked some about this with styles and its pretty interesting, even in a short level like enigma I can see if someone drives as me or not, even though to many recs would look close to identical.
and sometimes when you watch a rec all moves are like exact like you would to them, I guess this is pretty clear in battles. When styles just happen, comes natural, you really see who plays how.
me and bartek plays nothing alike, he makes such weird moves and when we battle I often get surprised by every move he make. which is fun, cause his moves are just as good as mine. if me and luther watch bartek play we often in the mid of his run looks at eachother confused over the way bartek choose to press his buttons. and well, I cant say I have to similar style to luther either.
But one thing is sure, it (for soem reason) is easier to see if someone plays like you from watching them play irl, then you see many runs, where they die, miss, fuckup etc. and that is when you really see if they solve different scenarios like you or not. it is really fun to watch good players play

edit: Bad title for this topic, makes you think soemthing totally different. Bad, cause it is an intersting topic. How about: Similar Driving Styles? or .... hmmm.. hard to get up with good one... but.. that was little better... someone make good topic and then someone change. Please
Elasto Mania - ez better
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

tijsjoris wrote:Don't answer then. You should have a slight sense in knowing what's the topic all about, don't you think? :wink:
of course i know what the topic is about, i was just saying who i like seeing in recs :)
hi
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

i think ciph has a very unique style
(nfi who has similar style to mi-probably zweq :D)
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.