Daily messaging with people

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Daily messaging with people

Post by dz »

I thought it could be interesting to discuss a bit about daily messaging methods you and me are using. Let me start by quoting 8-ball from another thread:
8-ball wrote:who in world uses email o_O
Well, I know I do. If you want to quickly throw something to somebody without having to concern if that somebody is online at the moment, you can just throw it to him by email. I don't understand why would I not be using email.

Does people use much Windows Messenger, ICQ, or another equivalent system to talk to each others? I used Messenger for a while in the past but I didn't really have any use for it besides talking to my girlfriend. Everything else can be done in irc. Of course if you are really keen into chatting with many inviduals seperately these systems are great.

Email, people really dont use it or what? I don't belive it's true. What emal clients do you use, if some?

Anything else?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I used MSN Messenger two years ago, and of and on been using that or aMSN, which is ofcourse the same. But since a couple of months I rarely use it, like once a week or even less. Then I use email, with Outlook Express. But even that one I don't use more often than once, twice a week. Then I use IRC, semi-daily. And right now I'm using mopolauta, the best of all.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Well... To talk with friends, I use Skype or MSN or the local friend meeting website that 9 out of 10 persons are using in Latvia. Then I use IRC, which I usually keep open as often as possible. e-mail... goody, I use that for registering to forums and such bingos. That's kinda it.
39:37,91
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

MSN all day, IRC pretty much all day, email to family or any important kind of stuff
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I use MSN Messenger a lot, to talk to irl friends and family.. IRC obviously for elma stuff. E-mail... well, I don't use it very often for communication reasons. I have a hotmail account for friends and elma, a GMail-account I haven't really decided what to use for yet, though I have used it some, a mail.com account for registering to sites and for receiving receits and invoices, a yahoo account I never use, and an online.no account which for some reason doesn't work.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Never use MSN Messenger, ICQ and sach. IRC is just perfect for chatting. After getting free and quite fast inet i hang at #across, #elma.ru etc. every day.
Mail.... well, i wrote last letter like 2 months ago, no use in it almost, cuz all my friends are in IRC very often. Others i can see at different forums like lauta, russian elmaforum and our university forum.
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

I only use MSN Messenger. IRC is boring - I used to be quite a fan when I was younger - because the people there seem to be all under 20 and I'm just not amused at what people under-20 talk about anymore. Messenger is nice because you don't have to put up with anyone you don't want to put up with. E-Mail is for work purposes mostly or to send someone a quick thing even if they're not online at the moment. ICQ pretty much died a few years ago for me as everybody I know stopped using it. Usenet (newsgroups) is also very useful for technical stuff as some of the people there really know their stuff (unlike IRC, for example. Go to a programming IRC channel and there's just a bunch of kids pretending to be programmers when sometimes I really need to discuss serious things and not just quick-making VB apps). And a few message boards, of course.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

i use msn all day, irc for elma and ut. email for sending jokes and stuff to my freinds who are at work, family etc i also use teamspeak most of the day as well
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I use mainly MSN messenger for communicating with irl friends, rarely sms'es, but happens. IRC I use for inet friends, which are most elma guys, IRC is where I talk the most. Is quite rarely I use email for communicating, only use for newsletters and QXL.dk (danish ebay), so some communication there. I got gmail account not that long ago and have slowly moved to using that only. Have a POP3 college email too, but that's some weird name (nvh23556@nvh.dk).
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i use MSN, IRC and ICQ... not much difference for me...
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65