Do you want a big elma tournament?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Mullvad
Kuski

Do you want a big elma tournament?

Post by Mullvad »

Me and my friends arrange mainstream LAN-partys for little less then 100 people in Guthenburg, but now we want to try something new.

We want to arrange a DemoParty for a higher amount of people (not desided how many yet). But we don't want just demo coders or music makers, we want players playing a different kind of game like Elma. So therefore we are checking if there is anyone in these "different kind of game" communitys that are intressted for a big tournament in their game. The prize will hopefully be a couple thousand swedish kronor.

The idé is that the different communitys will get a chans to meet echother. One more thing that can be good for you to know is that we will allow alcohol but we will not sell any. And if we see someone to drunk he will be trown out.

These is just something we brainstorming about right now so nothing is set and we really want everyones opinion how this can be as good as possible.
insane guy
Kuski

Re: Do you want a big elma tournament?

Post by insane guy »

Mullvad wrote: The idé is that the different communitys will get a chans to meet echother.
sounds good
Mullvad wrote:One more thing that can be good for you to know is that we will allow alcohol but we will not sell any.
ok....
Mullvad wrote: And if we see someone to drunk he will be trown out.
sounds bad : (

i wont have the money to come to sweden anyways except i win some money or whatever...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Mullvad wrote:Me and my friends arrange mainstream LAN-partys for little less then 100 people in Guthenburg, but now we want to try something new.

We want to arrange a DemoParty for a higher amount of people (not desided how many yet). But we don't want just demo coders or music makers, we want players playing a different kind of game like Elma. So therefore we are checking if there is anyone in these "different kind of game" communitys that are intressted for a big tournament in their game. The prize will hopefully be a couple thousand swedish kronor.

The idé is that the different communitys will get a chans to meet echother. One more thing that can be good for you to know is that we will allow alcohol but we will not sell any. And if we see someone to drunk he will be trown out.

These is just something we brainstorming about right now so nothing is set and we really want everyones opinion how this can be as good as possible.
a few clues,
And if we see someone to drunk he will be trown out.
not good idea with these guys, they can get super-stoned
Me and my friends arrange mainstream LAN-partys for little less then 100 people in Guthenburg, but now we want to try something new.
Just make a Huge cup over the net, think of the Aussies, new Zealanders and stuff like that, it costs about $10,000 just to go to Sweden

And not Everyone will be Able to Come, Usually at the DEMs, FEMs and others there are about 60 people..

A few Ideas:
The idé is that the different communitys will get a chans to meet echother.
Make it a Nations Cup, but Arrange it into Divisions. Say:

Division A.
Finland
Sweden
Norway
Russia

Division B.
Czech
Slovakia
Canada
Lithuania

Division C.
England/Britain
New Zealand
Argentina
U.S.A

Division D.
Spain
Australia
Others.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Ye, I wanna verse more Aussies in direct competition!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

mullvad where in gbg youre from?
Nekit for president
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

jaksta wrote:
Mullvad wrote:Me and my friends arrange mainstream LAN-partys for little less then 100 people in Guthenburg, but now we want to try something new.

a few clues,
And if we see someone to drunk he will be trown out.
not good idea with these guys, they can get super-stoned
Just make a Huge cup over the net, think of the Aussies, new Zealanders and stuff like that, it costs about $10,000 just to go to Sweden

And not Everyone will be Able to Come, Usually at the DEMs, FEMs and others there are about 60 people..

A few Ideas:
The idé is that the different communitys will get a chans to meet echother.
Make it a Nations Cup, but Arrange it into Divisions. Say:

Division A.
Finland
Sweden
Norway
Russia

Division B.
Czech
Slovakia
Canada
Lithuania

Division C.
England/Britain
New Zealand
Argentina
U.S.A

Division D.
Spain
Australia
Others.
No way you didn´t say Portugal! :cry:
I know at least 4 ppl that would attend it. And yes, it would be better if it was a big online cup.
belele
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

sorry Jonsta...im new to the Scene (Sorta) so i don't know everyone yet :oops:
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Sounds nice. There was one in Falkenberg in 2003 and I visited it. We were only four players so not really any big competitions were held. But it was nice after all.

http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?t=1439
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?t=1582
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Mullvad
Kuski

Post by Mullvad »

Luther wrote:mullvad where in gbg youre from?
I leave in a small village called Hällingsjö that is like halfway to Borås if you travling from gothenburg, so I not actully from gbg but it is easier to say.

However, I can understand that it would be hard for people to travel to Sweden just because it cost so damn much and even if you would win the competition. But the prize money isn't there for making people rich, I think that a couple of thousand would make the finall more intressting. The whole arrangement is to give elmaplayers a chans to meet eachother and to make other look when skilled elmaplayers are playing (the ide was to show many replays and the finals on the Bigscreen).

But as said before it would be really hard for people from other countries to come to Sweden. I really like the national ide though. It would be nice if a national competion were arrange in all those countries and then a big final would be arrange in a country that is closest for everyone or something. Well I'm just brainstorming.

Btw sry for the late response but I been in denmark for a while and having fun with friends!