Music Album Review

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Music Album Review

Post by The_BoneLESS »

This thread is to make reviews of the latest CDs you bought ( or downloaded, i don't care ). I start !

Artist : Deltron 3030
Album : Deltron 3030
Style : Rap / Experimental

Intro to the album :
The album is supposed to be a soundtrack of a futuristic movie that hasn't been made yet ( and never will ). It narrates the story of Deltron Zero, one of the only rapper left on the world who raps about the how Earth is being destroyed by extraterrestrials and dictatorship. It's a kind of space opera, but very accessible.

What's the result ? :
The main artists on this album are Dan the Automator (producer), Del Tha Funky Homosapien (MC) and Kid Koala (Turntables). All three are exceptionnaly good in what they do. Del has one of the best flow i have ever heard, kid koala pulls the best scratches i've heard in a long time and the Automator mixes everything perfectly.

The mood of the album is quite dark. Del raps about programming, computers, extraterrestrials and other weird futuristic things that may look cartoonest and humoristic but, they disguise a hidden intelligence behind the lyrics. Notable tracks are 3030, Positive Contact ( appears on Tony Hawk Underground ), Madness and time keeps on slippin.

Overall, one of the best rap albums i've ever bought, very happy with this one!

CdNow.com Deltron 3030 page
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

cunt cunt cunt

Post by teajay »

Artist : Teajay
Album : Eccentricities
Style : Instrumental Rock

Summary :
My latest album, the successor of my previous Chemistry album. This record features generally better songs than any I did before. There's not a certain theme for the songs besides their mutual 'weirdness'.

Highlights :
'Addict' is a song with a couple of samples you might know from this game called 'Elasto Mania'. It finishes with a flowertouch. 'Euphoric' contains a lovely tune aswell as 'Blister Feet' does. The album finishes with the mostly electronical made 'Deranged', a slightly loud song, clocking in at almost 10 minutes.

Where to get it :
You can either try to steal the original .wav files from my computer or be satiesfied with the 160k mp3 copy:
http://home.planet.nl/~groo5305/Teajay_ ... cities.zip

Tracklist :
1. Birthday
2. Decrepitude
3. Euphoric
4. Recital
5. Addict
6. Mayhem
7. Weltschmerz
8. Materialist
9. Cadaverous
10. Blister Feet (Neurotic Jogging Disorder)
11. Nihilism
12. Deranged
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Hah, can't wait to hear that TJ ;)

10 %...

Edit: Lol, cool xD
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

Artist: Shpongle
Album: Are you Shpongled?
Style: Ambient

About Shpongle:
Shpongle is probably the most famous and best ambient group inside the psychedelic and ambient scene. Their style is pretty unique. The main man behind the group is a guy called Raja ram Rothfield wich said was the guy who first introduced psychedelic music to the world.

The album:
The album was released in 1999 and got to be one of my favourites albums when it comes to ambient. If you never listen to ambient or psychedelic before i would recommend to try out "Divine moments of truth", its the last track from the album and there are a lot of people that aint into this kind of music but still enjoy that track

well kort och gott this album roxx, so give it a try and leech it :>
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Re: Music Album Review

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Artist : Simon and Garfunkel
Album : the definitive Simon and Garfunkel
Style : Rock

Intro to the album :
First, this is a greatest hits album so i was scared that the songs wouldn't all fit together but, i was happy to see that i was wrong. Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel are surely one of the best duos to ever appear in the musical scene for quite a long time. Having never heard more than one or two songs, i was anxious to see the result!

What's the result ? :
Well, an almost masterpiece! The soft guitar melodies, the incredible harmonies, the few balads... everything is there. Around an hour of pure music. My highlights of the album would be Wednesday Morning 3AM, The Sound of Silence, I Am A Rock, Mrs Robinson, The Boxer, Bridge Over Trouble Water, ... gosh! there are just too many. This album is perfect for winter days, when you just feel like relaxing by the fire and reflecting about the elma scene... bah, not really but it is a sweet album.

If you like the Beatles or anything that sounds alike, go buy this album!

CdNow.com the definitive Simon and Garfunkel page
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Artist : Tool
Album : Lateralus
Style : Rock/Metal/Progressive

Tool ... :
I was hanging in a music store when i saw the very weird and fascinating cover of Lateralus. I suddenly had a flashback of a dark night spent watching television, and me seeing that weird track, playing for over 8 minutes on tv. I was almost scared, the images were so strong, the music was pure genius. I took the CD in my hands, waited no longer, bought it.

What happenned next ? :
I went to my room, started the CD, started elma, the show was on. The album started off with a very powerful song; the Grudge. Lot of energy, lots of intensity. Then, a few more good tracks until the album reached its peak: Schism followed by Parabol and Parabola. Those three songs in a row (a total of around 15 minutes) are just incredible. The songs are divided in multiple pieces and, were just masterpieces in my opinion. The rest of the album is pretty solid and aggressive enough. The album closes off with a disturbing track, a mix of noise and a scared voice talking in the background.

A hypnotic disc totally worth buying. To like it, you still have to like metal music otherwise, you surely won't appreciate it.

CdNow.com : Tool - Lateralus
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

oh hay tool sax
39:37,91
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

No 8-ball, you're wrong. And Lateralus is an absolutely brilliant album. Ez Tool concert August 8th \o/
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

After I found Coroner due to some random comment on an Annihilator song on youtube, I have listened to it every now and then and recently accepted the fact that I like the music a lot :D
Well I'm gonna pick their album called Mental Vortex, I'm not yet sure if I'll find this as their best one in the end, but atm when I want to listen to coroner I'll pick that one. The genre is thrash metal and usually when I like thrash metal band it's based on the quality of guitarplaying and Tommy Vetterli does amazing job on every single song of theirs, this guy compares to Jeff Waters of Annihilator, so that's a whole lot of credit there already.

The album has 8 tracks. Semtex Revolution and Sirens are my current favourites, the 8th track is a cover of beatles song, I want you (she's so heavy) and although it's quite repetitiv, it's one damn good cover. I thought I'd never find anything to listen to after Annihilator when I've got bored to it, but apparently I was wrong :beer:
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Nice find o/

Mental Vortex is ok, mostly because of I Want You (She' so heavy).
But Punishment For Decadence is easily my favorite. And it has a classic rock cover too, Purple Haze, originally by Jimi Hendrix. One amazing cover too.

tj up album again pl0x btw
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Rammstein - Liebe ist fuer alle da.

First album I bought for myself. I didn't expect any good from it though, it was just a silly action on my side - being fan of Rammstein for all these years and only having bought some DVD's, no CD's.

Either way, first round of listening was pleasant; sounded bit gay when they tried for some bluesey stuff on Haifisch, and Pussy was ofcourse very bad.

But since the 16th of october I've grown very fond of this album. It's better than Rosenrot, and in lyrical content it's better than Reise Reise (although that was very good too); they have chosen some very straighforward obscene themes to play with, and it works. If my german were completely native, I would probably find it too easy, but well.

Rammlied has a very metallic feel to it. Best aspect is ofcourse the trebly guitars - a rammstein trademark. Ich tu dir weh, 2nd track, is plain mean. :) Anyway, I could go on about this for paragraphs to come, but all I want to say is: this album rocks. I rate it 8.5/10.

ps. Mehr is a very cunning song.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Now that the new Nightwish album, Imaginaerum, is out I think we should discuss about it a little! What were your expectations and what are your feelings now that you have listened through Imaginaerum at least one time? I've been reading several forums and comments and some people really seem to have a lack of understanding of the album. I'm not saying everyone should love it, but some of the comments are really weird. Or maybe they just don't know how to express correctly why they don't like the tracks. So I am dying to hear what are your thoughts about the album!

I personally like this album very much. I don't understand how anyone could say it is 'mediocre' and 'dull'. I mean, it includes such different tracks with different atmosphere I just don't think the word 'dull' is doing justice to it at all. I would say any of the previous albums are 'duller', if that's the word one would want to use.

The other thing I've noted is how some people are saying that some tracks (Slow, Love, Slow) or parts of the tracks (the poem at the end of the Song Of Myself) should have been left out. If you think the album is dull, why would you want to take out the parts that really are something different? Slow, Love, Slow is a great track and the end part of Song Of Myself I enjoy a lot. I was really amazed by the poem from the very first time I heard it, it's so beautiful with the calm orchestra playing in the background. Of course if you are looking for traditional Nightwish tracks I understand you may not like these. If it was some mediocre pop album like Rihanna's new one which includes two ok songs I could say loose the shitty ones, but it's not. Tuomas is a man of vision and I'm sure every track has its meaning inside his head. And the forthcoming movie will definitely open up the album more.

Maybe the reason why I like his album so much is that I love orchestral music in modern style. I am able to take music as it is, and I am not judging music by its genre. Well, If you read all this through I'd think you have listened to Imaginaerum too and have an opinion about it. If so, please post your thoughts!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

39:37,91