is elma community normal?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

is elma community normal?

Post by ribot »

Elma community is the only one I've been a part of as long as I've been online... and some other IRCNet channels. I wonder if you share my opinions about the community, because I find things here which I find nowhere else.

Things I didn't find anywhere else:
[*]Unique people seem to come here... Jeppe, Jappe2, Sierra, KyJelly, niN, sleap, insane guy, psy, veezay, axxu, finman, zweq, john... there are just too many that makes it worth coming here...
[*]Sleskness... as it was called in 99... sometimes ongoing conversations can be completely bizarre, or a mopolauta thread can go on about really nothing at all... except pure enjoyment of the non-standard and creativity in this controlled madness [which is actually really valuable to me]... and people are completely in on it... (unfortunately some people hate it as if they feel really threatend by it)

I dunno if there is anything else... of course there is like an audience for making videos, songs and computer games... which is nice too, and having friends here helps too...but I don't know how unique that is...

[And just some extra info, elma community brought a change in my life, where I quit the mainstream life of university and became a slacker [ok, really I worked on my own creative projects]. Sounds bad? At least now I can work survive on working 5-10 hours per week...]
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: is elma community normal?

Post by Grace »

The madness is something you don't find anywhere else. This community is quite unique, i like it.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

The Finman type is actually quite common in Finnish boards and communities, all of them have one. Not an offence of course, fm is max 8)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

actually roope, finman is registered in every finnish board out there. This is why they all have a finman.
:mrhat:
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

FinMan is a WinMan!

FinMan is a ThinMan!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

youre right ribbie, it's a very unique phenomenon i guess, one of the main symbols and factors is (now silenced) the abula guruism
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think the elma community is pretty weird, because it even makes people like me stick around eventhough they have so much more better things to do, and they've actually outgrown their nerdy years.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

YOU have better things to do? Certainly doesn't seem like it ;)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

It doesn't seem like it. But those better things are kinda boring and I need printers/stuff I don't have here at the moment, since I'm away from home. Stuck in the mopolauta twilight zone.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I like the loalty of the players with which I shared many good memories thats why I still come here after so many years.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

why do you inactive so, insguy? Make levels in EOL!
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

yea I didnt play for two years or so, doesn't really make sense because I just find other silly things to waste my time with...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
sleap
Kuski

Post by sleap »

as jappe2 said: every scene has got them unique freaks.
normal is nothing and nothing is normal

but i can say i really like this scene. even though i lack lauta activeness i enjoy every moment being in ircnet - ranks and across the most of it.
i am very happy that through this scene i have met people irl very much worth meeting - like ribot, hari hasch and milty and phillip. and them countless online people. it is good to be a part of it.
normality is overrated. i know ribot knows that too but yet he keeps asking strange questions.