ELMA on PDA

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dotyman
Kuski

ELMA on PDA

Post by dotyman »

Most people would probably call me a n00b but I have been play Elma for a while and am getting better at it. And this Christmas I got a Palm Pilot. I was wondering if Elma was on a PDA platform :idea: . I'm not a programmer so I dont know how tough it would be to make on of these :oops: but i thought it would be awesome to have the best game on my Palm. This may be a lost cause but I had to ask

this is on problems too so sry
Why are there no American WR???
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

i know nothing about elma on pda, sorry for off topic but i just wanted to comment about your sig. you ask why there are no american wrs.? its because we suck

that is all
-brag
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Well...Stikky is American, and he's had WR's before.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Palm pilot. That is some sort of tiny computer right?
I think the only platform for elma other than PC is an arcade booth thingy. >>

---
http://moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=475
Watch the birdy...
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Chris, i hope you know that picture isnt real...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

In case the web page goes offline:
Chrispy wrote:Elma – Should It Be On Other Consoles?

Elma – for those who play it, it is a staple of a computer gaming experience. But one day, playing Mario Kart on my GBA, I had a thought - what if Elma was ported to home consoles, like the Playstation? Would it work? I believe the answer is yes.

Graphics – All home consoles – yes, even the GBA – definitely have the capabilities to power the graphics engine of Elma. No problems here.

Controls – It is certainly possible for a game controller like the Nintendo Gamecube joypad (which I will use in the button explanations below) to work like a keyboard. If you haven’t seen the Gamecube controller before, go to cube.ign.com and look for a picture of a controller.

Face Buttons: A – Accelerate, B – Brake, X or Y– Switch Direction.

Shoulder Buttons: L – Volt Left, R – Volt Right, Z Trigger – Supervolt (if the bug is included).

The problem with using a controller is that it’s a lot harder for precision movements, like split-second braking. I’m going to test this configuration when I can figure out how to use a PC joypad with Elma.

Gameplay – Now here’s a mixed bag. The exchange of levs and recs would be pretty hard on a GBA, because the only link it is capable of is a direct cable connection with another GBA – sort of like a LAN. You wouldn’t be able to make LGRs either. But, just as I can play Mario Kart, you would be able to play multiplayer, flag tag, etc., with other people who own a GBA and Elma GBA. For something like the Playstation, which you can get an optional hard drive and modem for, however, it would work because of online connectivity, so you could download levs, recs and LGRs off Moposite, and also play friends and trade levs and other stuff over an online server, which would be put up for people who would want to do this kind of thing by somebody, I dunno, maybe the publishers or Sony or something.

Reality – Porting Elastomania to a home console would probably be very profitable to Balazs, with lots and lots of people around the world playing Elma, and all he would have to do would be to port the game over to the console of his choice. But a big problem would be getting a publisher house to support the game. Another problem – do you leave all the major bugs in (like putting a wheel in the wedge of a polygon and braking) and supervolting in the game? Tough choice. Another problem would be the fact that you would have to redesign many levs and make lots and lots more if online gaming wasn’t possible. One solution to the latter problem would be for Balazs and the Elma community to choose a whole bunch of really good levs and recs and bundle them onto the game disk or cart. Finally, would game reviewers like paying the huge prices of console games for a game like Elma?

All these questions probably wouldn’t be answered unless Balazs did take the extra steps to get his game on the commercial shelves. I believe that that would be a wise decision for the health of the global Elma community.
http://www.geocities.com/dark_truth99/elmatext.htm
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

isn't that picture real ???
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

not real, but damn nice :lol2::lol2: i want one here to my home too :lol2:
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

The official homepage says there's an Elma version for BeOS. (Whatever platform that OS is for)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
dotyman
Kuski

Post by dotyman »

the page for BeOS wont come up on my browser? Does it on anyone elses?
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dotyman
Kuski

Post by dotyman »

BeOS is for UNIX. Its not a palm app :(