Cup scoring

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Cup scoring

Post by Lousku »

Let's forget arbitrary point systems in cups and simply use total time. It'd be easier to understand just how much Björn is trailing behind Madness. It would obviously not only make cups clearer to follow, but also alter the concept a bit. For the better, in my opinion. I didn't bother digging around too much so I'm not sure if it has been done already.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Cup scoring

Post by 8-ball »

wat
39:37,91
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

No, this makes hoyla events practically worthless, long levels with many hard styles worth too much. If one person wins an event by 10 seconds because of a sick pipe or something, assuming they don't fuck the rest of the events, they pretty much win the cup.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Exactly haruhi, just like your total time doesn't give a shit of your warm up time because everyone has below 14.40 and WR is 14.00. All in all, no matter how pro you are, it only changes ¼ of a second. Lab Pro, Zig-Zag, Animal Farm, Apple Harvest, those levels are a whole different story, where one crazy trick pulls off a 10 seconds drop on the TT.
:mrhat:
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Some Russian cup site uses/used a system which is a bit like that. The winner gets 50 points and others get a percentage of that based on their time compared to the winner.

It has its advantages, but also disadvantages. If someone manages to pull off some sick shortcut in a short lev, he'd get a huge gap in points which would be hard to catch up. Basically giving points based purely on the time is bad for höylä type of kuskis and levs.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

It's a nice idea, but some problems yeah. Some cups had it as a secondary competition (Dakar at least). Would render hoyla levs useless which of course I wouldn't mind ;) Some system like Orcc mentions might work though, giving points that are relative to winner time. So for example winner always get's 100, then if you're 0.10 sec behind in a 10 sec level, or 1 sec behind in a 1min40sec level you get 90 points. Actually have had a plan to do some battle ranking based on such system for a long time. But again some sick shortcut could decide the whole cup.