level editor help... Someone help me plz!

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Trultz
Beginner kuski

level editor help... Someone help me plz!

Post by Trultz »

How do you make gravity zones????
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Mayb wrong place for this topic but anyway u put out apples and then select move and rightclick on the apple u want to have gravity on...
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

I suggest you don't use this very much :wink:
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Trultz, you seem to make same mistake I once did when I 1st played gravity Ride; I assumed it was gravity zones. I did not realise it was the apples that changed graivty. And it was very confusing, it was 1st when I read someplace (probably psy´s site) about how gravity apples sucked I realised: Hey, it´s the apples. Then later I found out I could do that in my own levs.
And dont listen to all ppl about not making gravity levels, it is kewl. Just harder to make good ones.

Baaah, Baaah! (some ppl know what Baah means, some not. And if not, I laugh at you)
Elasto Mania - ez better
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I remember that it took quite a bit of time before I understood that the apples triggered gravity, I've never really liked the system. Gravity can be used well, but in 95% of all levels containing gravity it's used as an easy way to get out of a corner.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

imo most important thing to have in a lev that has grav apples is some note and direction of the gravity.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Like Juble said, don'y use it to much, many kuskis don't like it. Proberly because in 80-90% of all gravity levels, it is maked badly. But a few gravity levels IS good. ec. Upside Down.
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Gravity can be used for some cool theme ideas. Like that LOM level a while ago where you took the gravity apple and it said, "YOU ARE ENTERING ANOTHER DIMENTION" or something. That was so cool.
Watch the birdy...
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

first time i reached gravity ride, a friend told me that this level is really cool, cos you have gravity.
now, i didn't really realised what gravity means... can i drive on my head without dying ? is it forever ? do i have to do something special so it'll work ?

no no and no. :P
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

well, as you're making one of the first few levels ever, it's obvious that you want to make something cool, and by cool in elma, which is extremely simple, it means at least making gravity. The problem is that you haven't aquired the "eye" for elma yet, meaning you don't know what's the attraction and enjoyment of the game itself. It's funny to realize, that this simple games attraction is the simpliness itself. The more simple the level is, more players will like it and play it. If you really really try to put yourself into extreme newbie state and remember those few first levels you created, I'm sure there can be seen quite alot of gravity on many levels by all of us.. cuz well, it's obvious.